Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 13:36   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I agree, Although...
Many times the Q3 has come in front of me in traffic while I was driving my Swift around. I can't say its any less hatchback on stilts. It's bulbous looking is all. I'd say the GLA looks more ecosporty in that sense sure but the Q3 isn't that much different.
Either a Q3 or GLA next to a real SUV such as the Fortuner is all it takes to separate the boys from the men : P. Too bad I was hoping for the GLA to be bigger in stance than the Q3.
I agree with you. None of these are real SUV's but what I meant was that between the 3, only the Q3 looks like a proper SUV. The X1 & GLA (as of now) look more like station wagon's then SUV's.
amit is offline  
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:37   #17
BHPian
 
rshanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CBE <-> BNG
Posts: 120
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Hormazd has officially confirmed. The CLA45 AMG launches in India on July 22nd at the Buddh
Attached Images
 
rshanker is offline  
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:18   #18
BHPian
 
Crazy_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 351
Thanked: 196 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

At what price point can this be expected to launch? Can it be close to the S4 pricing. I might be getting over ambitious here.
Crazy_Bean is offline  
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:41   #19
BHPian
 
rshanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CBE <-> BNG
Posts: 120
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

I'm expecting the AMG to come in anywhere between 40L & 60L while the regular CLA might be just about the B-Class
rshanker is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 18:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,201
Thanked: 2,089 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
I'm expecting the AMG to come in anywhere between 40L & 60L while the regular CLA might be just about the B-Class
CLA AMG is going to be around the 70L mark +/- 5% . They might price it starting at 69Lakhs for the launch to break below the 70 mark.
Sahil is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 18:26   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
I'm expecting the AMG to come in anywhere between 40L & 60L while the regular CLA might be just about the B-Class
The AMG will be around 85 on road, that's what I've heard. While the normal CLA should be just under the present C class price.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 21:28   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,201
Thanked: 2,089 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Launch of New C has been pushed forward from January to December this year. MBIL is going all guns blazing!
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 03:56   #23
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 381
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Any idea when is the GLA expected to come to India. A friend was looking for a Q3 but does find it a bit old now (considering 2+ years without refresh). If GLA is expected sometime this year or early next year he may wait.
ToyotaFan is offline  
Old 15th July 2014, 10:19   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,201
Thanked: 2,089 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Any idea when is the GLA expected to come to India. A friend was looking for a Q3 but does find it a bit old now (considering 2+ years without refresh). If GLA is expected sometime this year or early next year he may wait.
Around Diwali time, probably would be worth the wait.
However it does look more like a large hatchback like than a mini SUV like the Q3. So if your friend wants the SUV look then perhaps he should get the Q3 now rather than wait for the GLA and be disappointed.
Sahil is offline  
Old 15th July 2014, 16:47   #25
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 381
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Around Diwali time, probably would be worth the wait.
However it does look more like a large hatchback like than a mini SUV like the Q3. So if your friend wants the SUV look then perhaps he should get the Q3 now rather than wait for the GLA and be disappointed.
Won't the CLA be launched before GLA? Only CLA AMG has been launched and I believe CLA will be here in 2-3 months (around diwali) and the new C is expected in the starting off next year. That's why an confused about the launch.

My friend is upgrading from a honda city and just wants more ground clearance (sedans out). No particular off roading intentions just regular urban use. How would you compare space in the GLA compared to Q3?
ToyotaFan is offline  
Old 15th July 2014, 17:00   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,201
Thanked: 2,089 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Won't the CLA be launched before GLA? Only CLA AMG has been launched and I believe CLA will be here in 2-3 months (around diwali) and the new C is expected in the starting off next year. That's why an confused about the launch.

My friend is upgrading from a honda city and just wants more ground clearance (sedans out). No particular off roading intentions just regular urban use. How would you compare space in the GLA compared to Q3?
I mentioned above the C-class is preponed for a december launch.

CLA45AMG is here only to bring in some additional volumes for the AMG centers that have opened in Delhi and Mumbai. Further it is here for brand building so there is excitement for the CLA.

The GLA is definitely coming in before the CLA, like I said, around Diwali time. I haven't sat in the GLA to compare it to the Q3.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 20:55   #27
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 381
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I mentioned above the C-class is preponed for a december launch.

CLA45AMG is here only to bring in some additional volumes for the AMG centers that have opened in Delhi and Mumbai. Further it is here for brand building so there is excitement for the CLA.

The GLA is definitely coming in before the CLA, like I said, around Diwali time. I haven't sat in the GLA to compare it to the Q3.
Thanks a lot. The GLA does look very good and I believe the GLA and new C will take Mercedes to the top of the sales charts and sustain it there. Audi and BMW have some catching up to do.
ToyotaFan is offline  
Old 17th July 2014, 13:16   #28
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,937
Thanked: 1,913 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Any idea when is the GLA expected to come to India.
Tweet by Rohin Nagrani of Motoring World.

Name:  shot201407171417at16430.jpeg
Views: 833
Size:  24.9 KB
PPS is offline  
Old 17th July 2014, 17:11   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,201
Thanked: 2,089 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

CLA45AMG unveiling event is tomorrow in Delhi. Followed by the track day next week.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 22:57   #30
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 507
Thanked: 358 Times
Default Re: 5 new Mercs coming up! A-Class, B-Class Diesel, GL, CLA & GLA

some surprising specs on the GLA -

Petrol engines: GLA 200, GLA 250, GLA 250 4Matic and the 250 AMG.
While 200 (1595cc) would be 156BHP@5300 /250NM@1250-4000 the surprise package the the 250/250 4matic
with 1991 CC, the engine makes 211 HP @5500 and a staggering 350 NM @ 1200-4000 rpm. This is awesome torque figures and what turbo range
AMG is another story - 350Hp@6000/450NM @2250-5000. AMG definitely depends on Revs rather than torque.

The diesels

200 CDI - 2143 cc - 136 hp @ 3400–4000, 300nm @1400–3000

220 CDI - 2143 cc - 170 hp @ 3400–4000, 350nm @1400–3000

Last edited by newtonMeter : 28th July 2014 at 22:59. Reason: confidential
newtonMeter is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Snowman SUV - Rival to Audi Q3, Merc GLA & VW Tiguan coming in 2015 karan561 The International Automotive Scene 55 6th March 2016 09:06
Scoop: Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Saloon naveen.raju The International Automotive Scene 63 25th January 2015 11:25
Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA 45 AMG Shooting Brake unveiled Tushar The International Automotive Scene 1 26th November 2014 12:59
France bans sale of Mercedes A, B, CLA, SL Class Soumyajit9 The International Automotive Scene 13 2nd September 2013 13:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks