Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 20:13   #1
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Exclamation Help required urgently!!!

I guess this is the wrong place to post ... if so , mods place this in the right place.

Guys, i have a badly banged up Ford Escort lying at my mech's Garage. All the repairs are done, showroom original parts, etc. But now the only thing missing in the picture are the Engine Beads (Guess thats the right spelling) . My mechanic searched everywhere in Andhra Pradesh as well as Mumbai .... but could not find them ... only the Ford Ikon's were present. We even tried making some but as we placed the engine , those broke.

All i require now is ENGINE BEAD-A and BEAD-B for FORD ESCORT 1997 Model. Kindly help me fast because we need a car as soon as possible but the car is delayed for about 2 months now, just because of these beads.

furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2006, 21:20   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Well furious, could you be more specific when you say engine "beads"..? I'm not exactly sure what you're hinting at...? If you mean the engine mounts, I guess that could be sourced from Mumbai...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 08:41   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
I guess this is the wrong place to post ... if so , mods place this in the right place.

Guys, i have a badly banged up Ford Escort lying at my mech's Garage. All the repairs are done, showroom original parts, etc. But now the only thing missing in the picture are the Engine Beads (Guess thats the right spelling) . My mechanic searched everywhere in Andhra Pradesh as well as Mumbai .... but could not find them ... only the Ford Ikon's were present. We even tried making some but as we placed the engine , those broke.

All i require now is ENGINE BEAD-A and BEAD-B for FORD ESCORT 1997 Model. Kindly help me fast because we need a car as soon as possible but the car is delayed for about 2 months now, just because of these beads.

I think what you are referring to is Engine mounting beds, on which the entire engine sits. It is a hardened rubber component with metal plates at the bottom and top that absorbs all the shocks of the vibrations and literally keeps the engine floating. Am I right ?

So long....
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 14:12   #4
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

exactly.....engine mount beds ....sorry about the typos guys ...thats what i am looking for.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 15:08   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Well, the engine mounts can be sourced from almost anywhere in Mumbai; it could take time, though. Most of the spare part dealers order the parts from Delhi.

If you're looking for a specific spare part dealer, then try this;

http://www.indianyellowpages.com/ind...orted_cars.htm

Else, you can also try Bombay auto at these numbers;
022-28113677
022-28943993

Hope you get your Engine mounts soon..

P.S-You forgot to mention; Is your Escort a 1.6 zetec, 1.6 pushrod, 1.8D, or...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 15:18   #6
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Well, the engine mounts can be sourced from almost anywhere in Mumbai; it could take time, though. Most of the spare part dealers order the parts from Delhi.

If you're looking for a specific spare part dealer, then try this;

http://www.indianyellowpages.com/ind...orted_cars.htm

Else, you can also try Bombay auto at these numbers;
022-28113677
022-28943993

Hope you get your Engine mounts soon..

P.S-You forgot to mention; Is your Escort a 1.6 zetec, 1.6 pushrod, 1.8D, or...
My Escort is 1.8D .... will confirm and tell u in anothr hour. Thanx for the help.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 21:52   #7
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Yea it is a 1.8 Diesel version.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 17:21   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

So then, did you get the mounts..? The reason I asked for the model was because the 1.8D uses slightly different mounts than the petrol...at least that's what I've seen..
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 18:08   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
So then, did you get the mounts..? The reason I asked for the model was because the 1.8D uses slightly different mounts than the petrol...at least that's what I've seen..
I have been wondering about them too. Did you get them ? Do let us know.

So long....
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opel astra service and repair manual required urgently RacingHart Technical Stuff 0 28th August 2008 17:45
pioneer HU deh-p7750 rotary commander knob required urgently. clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 14 24th April 2007 12:16
Zen/800 urgently required. manson Shifting gears 0 24th July 2006 17:58
Ecms Required Urgently!!!! nitroxx Shifting gears 0 7th August 2005 22:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks