Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd June 2006, 15:19   #61
BHPian

Hi every one,,
I guess every one talked about HM..
but i am a muscle car lover..
1.dnt u think HM could have upgraded contessa??
i mean with better interiors(now it has cheap plastic interiors)
please comment guys.

2.i agree with many OHC ..it was a superhit.
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 15:23   #62
BHPian

NIssan for taking so long to enter indian car scene.

TIDA..looks wonderful
would give palio,swift,n all other hatch backs in its segment atough competetion.
hope they launch it in time !
If they dont i guess it would be a big blunder !

Last edited by karizma_devil : 3rd June 2006 at 15:25.
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 15:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil
Hi every one,,

2.i agree with many OHC ..it was a superhit.
OHC may be a blunder considering car freaks , but take it in general and its no blunder...new one is selling like hot cakes and they are making good money. 3000+ units a month for a car costing 7 lacs + is indeed a great achievement
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 13:51   #64
BHPian

A bit off here but apart from blunders on a larger scale one that bothers me daily is:
No remote boot release for Opel Astra as well as the Corsa - you have to cut the ignition, get out of the damn car and open it with key.

Last edited by hkanitkar : 4th June 2006 at 14:06.
hkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 00:48   #65
BHPian

FIAT-for bringing in such a fantastic and stylish car to India named Palio and giving it a lusty twin cam.They should ve' known --Indian car buying public loves mundane,sick looking, boringly reliable devices of transportation.
khamsinmerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 08:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
A bit off here but apart from blunders on a larger scale one that bothers me daily is:
No remote boot release for Opel Astra as well as the Corsa - you have to cut the ignition, get out of the damn car and open it with key.
Couldnt agree more: One of the biggest pains in my dad's car.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 13:32   #67

i really still think Palio is the best small car on the road.... 1.6 better than swift ...

so for biggest Blunder would be.... to commit Blunder that you are famous for again....

Fiat was infamous rather notorious for after sales... they launched Palio with Tendulkar as Brand Ambassdor which kinda promised people.... great value.... then they also had one ad showing serviced like Schumacher... at the pit stop....

they zoomed in sales... they were highest selling car maker for few months... in the category... and BOOM they commit the same blunder and After sales rocked the boat ....

this has hit the image so badly that even JV with Tata hasnt given them the boost thy wanted.

AntZ
Antz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 14:54   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
Well.. a little offtopic.. but just clarifying..
what you said is not necessary for the Corsa. Just dont engage the seperate boot lock by using the key. By default, the boot gets locked with central locking and When u release the central locking, the boot is already open.. (just got to press the release button at the boot.. no key). If you lock the boot with your key, well, then you have to get out and open it again with the key.
harishsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 14:56   #69
BHPian

The biggest mistake is yet to happen... but its on its way soon!! Microsoft windows running the car
Old 5th June 2006, 15:00   #70
BHPian

No Diesel Mill from Honda.
Jatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar
The biggest mistake is yet to happen... but its on its way soon!! Microsoft windows running the car
To my knowledge, MS is not going to involve with the car ECUs and other core automobile functions. They are just going to concentrate on addon utitlities like entertainment system, In-car internet, direct link to gas station's billing system, showing your car insurance information, check mails, GPS and similar gadgets. Later it my tie up with other mfrs to provide a system that interacts with ECUs etc to show the information to the user.

To put in a line MS makes a car a connected car. Check this link: Microsoft rolls out Windows Automotive 4.2

Apologize for going offline but couldn't resist putting this to correct a MS hater.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 5th June 2006 at 18:08.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:09   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
They are just going to concentrate on addon utitlities like entertainment system, ..........etc etc..... GPS and similar gadgets.
Yalla so we can soon start driving to Goa and end up in Bongaigaon instead...erspecially if they have Voice Commander integrated.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:10   #73
BHPian

Satish.. no offence to Microsoft.. but i just hate the thought of pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL. Hope we dont end up pressing Accelerator + Brake + Clutch everytime the Application hangs
Old 5th June 2006, 18:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar
Hope we dont end up pressing Accelerator + Brake + Clutch everytime the Application hangs
OBOY! Imagine clipping @ 180 kmph for a warning to flash on your dashboard - press Accelerator + Brake + Clutch !!!! To cancel this message, pull Handbrake!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
OBOY! Imagine clipping @ 180 kmph for a warning to flash on your dashboard - press Accelerator + Brake + Clutch !!!! To cancel this message, pull Handbrake!
And imagine having to upgrade from Indica V3.1 to V3.11 to V3.2 or having to lose all resale value, or better still to prevent some fuel bug that makes it impossible to get mileage better than 4.5 kmpl after 31st December 2008.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote