Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st May 2013, 02:17   #16

Default Re: EVO Magazine coming to India

Does anyone know if this magazine will only review/test cars that are currently available or will be available in the near future in India? If that's the case, the vehicles in the enthusiast category could get exhausted pretty quickly. I'd imagine that these guys will bring in a lot of articles from their sister teams from across the globe. Either way, this should be awesome reading material.
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 03:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

I was a regular buyer of Indian Auto when that was the only automag in India and went through Auto India to Autocar India with which I stayed on continually for several years, though occasionally bought The Car and Top Gear. But ever since getting into the elite TBhp, buying automags is not a priority at all. To add to my collection, I would definiely buy the first release.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 08:03   #18
Team-BHP Support

A lot depends on the content that EVO allows Sirish to publish. Another thing about EVO is that they get really exclusive access to some really good race/ road cars.

Look at Car india and Car, there is a big difference.

Evo does many things with many cars in many countries. Sirish has fewer cars at hand only in India so articles might be limited also if he starts revewing Nissan Micra's and similar a little too often (those are the kind of cars being launched), EVO will lose its unique proposition
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 09:29   #19
BHPian

Though not a fan of Shirish
we really need a new perspective on the magazine front, presently if you read a magazine you have read the entire lot, I hope that EVO has something fresh to offer
san2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 07:07   #20
BHPian

Evo Magazine India launch will happen in October-2013. Their website live, please visit evo.in http://www.evo.in.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 19:25   #21
BHPian

Thats a good news to hear, another international magazine coming to india. I do hope they have the same kind of quality of content which they offer in their UK.
I was very disappointed with the Top Gear india version, expected a lot from them when they launched.
Sirish is a good auto jorno, hope he gives us a good magazine.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 23:08   #22
BHPian

I too was tempted to subscribe Evo but stopped myself. I used to purchase two prominent Indian auto magazines but nowadays the majority of the pages are filled with advertisements. In 2011 I purchased anniversary edition of these two magazines out of first 100 pages, there were only 25-30 pages with contents. Rest were filled with full page advertisements.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 22:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

I'm reading Autocar India, November 2013 issue. On page 223 (it is a Castrol Edge advertisement), Sirish Chandran's title is mentioned as "Consulting Editor Autocar India". Has Sirish joined Autocar? There are no updates on his Twitter or Facebook. And it is hard to believe that someone like Sirish, who has his own brand will be a consultant for rival magazine Autocar. Thoughts?
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 23:50   #24
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
ISirish Chandran's title is mentioned as "Consulting Editor Autocar India". Has Sirish joined Autocar?
He is the Editor of Evo India as shown on his Twitter page. He was associated with Autocar for some time.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 06:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yet another auto magazine! The Indian market is certainly getting crowded. Used to be a desultory reader of Overdrive a few years ago - used to read Autocar more regularly. Not any more. I get my daily fix from Team-BHP.
Good luck to Sirish Chandran. Something tells me he needs plenty of it.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote