Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th June 2013, 15:02   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

A spare is invaluable on our roads. Coupled with the fact that RFT's have hopeless ride quality when compared to the same car without RFT.

And I am sort of one of the guys that is not even looking at a BMW because of ride comfort and lack of spare tyre.
Wow thats unfortunate. U seem to have missed the part where I mentioned the donut wheel.

When your luck runs out. It runs out.

Lets Keep the OT discussion for another time and place

For now it's the Q3 and for the price of the headlamps alone they have taken away a considerable amount of features. Could've done better Audi.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 14:21   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Is Audi readying a cut-price Q3?

Just read the review of this low cost Audi Q3 in ACI July edition;

It indeed is equipped with the 2L 140 hp diesel unit and a Manual Transmission

This is such a great move and i dont know after how long a premium brand has given an M/T option < 50L

Lets just hope the future models like the A3 sedan have an M/T too

Last edited by karan561 : 1st July 2013 at 14:24.
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 14:25   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

This is such a great move and i dont know after how long a premium brand has given an M/T option < 50L

Lets just hope the future models like the A3 sedan have an M/T too
How is this any reason to rejoice? Its not an MT with a nice high revving petrol, or a great chassis. Its a glorified Yeti. Its got my Yetis transmission, and my Yeti will probably drive better because it has Quattro. This is just cost cutting, not to make it any better to drive. It will now be a better chauffeured car than the A class and the B class.

If any of these brands get an M/T with a worthy engine, then it will be reason to rejoice.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st July 2013 at 14:27.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 14:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
How is this any reason to rejoice? Its not an MT with a nice high revving petrol, or a great chassis. Its a glorified Yeti. Its got my Yetis transmission, and my Yeti will probably drive better because it has Quattro. This is just cost cutting, not to make it any better to drive. It will now be a better chauffeured car than the A class and the B class.

If any of these brands get an M/T with a worthy engine, then it will be reason to rejoice.
& yet the low cost Q3 will get second glances from general public more often than your yeti does only because its an Audi.
Petrolheads still form a small minority in our country and lets face it, to the layman the badge and the prestige associated with it matters more than anything else. What he will see is an Audi that just got more affordable and THAT much more within his reach. Think about how many people from that group will go over things that you just mentioned...be realistic.
Brand dilution or not,fact is Audi wants to sell more and with this cheap variant , they just might.
Variants such as this one are probably not even launched keeping petrolheads in mind. A petrolhead would rather just buy a VRS like you have and have a heck lot of fun. Think about the target audience of this specific variant and it will all make better sense.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 1st July 2013 at 14:41.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 14:51   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Simply because the M/T's are more involving, engaging and fun, requires more skill, and makes the driver better, Also with M/T u got more control.

If i am in the market to look out for a premium brand (Merc/BMW/Audi) I dont see any options having Manual transmissions

Speaking of high revving petrols, i would have loved my 328 to be having a M/T but at the same time 'if' BMW would have launched say a low cost 320d with an M/T i would have opted for that option over my 328 just because i find it really fun to shift gears and play with the clutch.

Quote:
my Yeti will probably drive better because it has Quattro.
Oh & BTW, Just for the record & to keep the Audi's branding exclusive, Your YETI Has 4x4 & not Quattro

Last edited by karan561 : 1st July 2013 at 15:02.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 16:21   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
& yet the low cost Q3 will get second glances from general public more often than your yeti does only because its an Audi.
Petrolheads still form a small minority in our country and lets face it, to the layman the badge and the prestige associated with it matters more than anything else. What he will see is an Audi that just got more affordable and THAT much more within his reach.
No doubt it will get more stares. I meant it from an enthusiast point of view, that the m/t Q3 is nothing great.

From the business sense its a good decision, I'm sure it will sell a fair amount. Audi seems to be getting all their business decisions right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Simply because the M/T's are more involving, engaging and fun, requires more skill, and makes the driver better, Also with M/T u got more control.

If i am in the market to look out for a premium brand (Merc/BMW/Audi) I dont see any options having Manual transmissions

Speaking of high revving petrols, i would have loved my 328 to be having a M/T but at the same time 'if' BMW would have launched say a low cost 320d with an M/T i would have opted for that option over my 328 just because i find it really fun to shift gears and play with the clutch.

Oh & BTW, Just for the record & to keep the Audi's branding exclusive, Your YETI Has 4x4 & not Quattro
Will you really buy a Q3 M/T for any of the reasons mentioned? I know I wouldn't. People will buy it because its cheaper.

I don't think this should be compared to the 3, or any sedan really which would have actually been fun with an M/T.

In that case the Audi has 4x4, because the system is exactly the same
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 16:27   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Will you really buy a Q3 M/T for any of the reasons mentioned? I know I wouldn't. People will buy it because its cheaper.
Nope, i have never liked the Q3 (or the idea of Baby SUV's)

I just liked the move by Audi (being a premium brand) finally offering an M/T, thats what i said;

Quote:
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 20:48   #68
PPS
Senior - BHPian

There are so many launches this month! Add one more to the list!

Name:  q3.png
Views: 1192
Size:  39.0 KB
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 14:59   #69
BHPian

The review is up on ACI web site
http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx
scarlet.fever is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 14:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Audi India begins marketing the cut-price Q3 S; Guarantees ‘never-before’ launch price.

Speculations are that the initial lot of Q3 S (maybe up to the first 500 units in our guess) would be offered at a very competitive price and this price would later increase once the company exceeds their initial expected bookings.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/audi-q3-s-91453
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 19:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Audi India begins marketing the cut-price Q3 S; Guarantees ‘never-before’ launch price.

Speculations are that the initial lot of Q3 S (maybe up to the first 500 units in our guess) would be offered at a very competitive price and this price would later increase once the company exceeds their initial expected bookings.

Great initiative in mass marketing indeed.
However, if you were a loaded bloke, would you want to own a car which pretty much every other bloke can also access?

Personally I ve got no grouse. If they price this vehicle on par with its price abroad ( say the price in the UK or Oz or Dxb) and ensure the spec and trim level remains the same, with no compromise, then it is certainly worthy of consideration indeed!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 19:47   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

This contest actually burst a bubble for me. If you look at the slider that the Audi website shows, askign you to guess the price, it starts at 25 Lacs. So the lowest it would be launched at is Rs. 25 Lacs ex-showroom. I was hoping the launch price would be closer to 20 Lacs.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 09:35   #73
BHPian

I don't see this advertisement on the launch on the audi india website. where are you getting this information from.
Is this real or another false rumor??
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 10:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

The pricing comes as expected. The cut-price Q3 was always going to be close to the 25 mark. Audi will not devalue their brand, as they once mentioned earlier, by bringing in low-cost products to cater to the mass markets.

Expect the A3 to also launch in the same ballpark figure of ~25L ex showroom.
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 10:50   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
The pricing comes as expected. The cut-price Q3 was always going to be close to the 25 mark. Audi will not devalue their brand, as they once mentioned earlier, by bringing in low-cost products to cater to the mass markets.

Expect the A3 to also launch in the same ballpark figure of ~25L ex showroom.
Today's Indianautos blog mentions the A3 base variant could start at as low as 18L.

Although I'm not getting my hopes up thinking it will be launched at 18L. But I do feel it will be launched closer to 21L to be able to compete better with the lowest models of merc and BMW.

Also I feel a clear distinction needs to be drawn between A3 and A4. The A4 base variant can be bought at 28 lacs ex showroom(without any discount), and with today's discounts I assume it can be bought at a much lower price.

So 21-23 L should be a more logical price ?
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote