Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2014, 19:27   #436
BHPian
 
nkishore_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 80
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Hyundai is a force to reckon with. They proved that here in India!

Personally, I would stay away from putting the Koreans and Japanese on the same pedestal. Both offer different needs, and have different outlook. I believe this flows down to bikes as well (Hyosung versus Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki)!
Pretty strong statement, but I take the liberty to express my view that I will not even look at a comparison match between Korean Hyosung versus any of the Japanese brands. Japanese machines are a notch up!

All of us use smart phones, don't we? I find Android ones filled with functionalities, most of which are not intuitive, while Apple gives you moderate ones with "Excellent" usability. May not be a direct one-to-one mapping but makes sense! ;-)
nkishore_007 is offline  
Old 17th August 2014, 19:54   #437
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,959
Thanked: 16,691 Times
Default 2014 Honda Jazz: Speculative render and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkishore_007 View Post
Hyundai is a force to reckon with. They proved that here in India!

Personally, I would stay away from putting the Koreans and Japanese on the same pedestal. Both offer different needs, and have different outlook. I believe this flows down to bikes as well (Hyosung versus Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki)!
Pretty strong statement, but I take the liberty to express my view that I will not even look at a comparison match between Korean Hyosung versus any of the Japanese brands. Japanese machines are a notch up!

All of us use smart phones, don't we? I find Android ones filled with functionalities, most of which are not intuitive, while Apple gives you moderate ones with "Excellent" usability. May not be a direct one-to-one mapping but makes sense! ;-)

Exactly the kind of brand war we should avoid on the forum. I suggest you should spend sometime with the new generation Honda cars- Brio, Amaze, Mobilio and even the flagship City.

There is nothing 'Japanese' in there. If there was, they probably would have removed that as well in the name of cost cutting.

Hoping the Jazz does better, but if the new City is anything to go by- I'm not hopeful. And they are planning on even more cost cutting with the Jazz.

PS- Posted from my iDevice. iDevice because it has forgotten it's identity and can't handle basic phone functions well.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th August 2014 at 20:01.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 23:07   #438
BHPian
 
nkishore_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 80
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Exactly the kind of brand war we should avoid on the forum. I suggest you should spend sometime with the new generation Honda cars- Brio, Amaze, Mobilio and even the flagship City.

There is nothing 'Japanese' in there. If there was, they probably would have removed that as well in the name of cost cutting.

Hoping the Jazz does better, but if the new City is anything to go by- I'm not hopeful. And they are planning on even more cost cutting with the Jazz.

PS- Posted from my iDevice. iDevice because it has forgotten it's identity and can't handle basic phone functions well.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Sorry mate, not my intent to promote my thoughts (which is why I put the word "personally" in case you missed ). Nevertheless, I am entitled to my opinions.

I did not quite understand the "brand wars" thingy though. We have comparisons made between brands and their models in almost all forums. Why is that "right" while my post wrong? Food for thought?
Never mind, lets pull the plug and no more debates please!

I get "wowed" every time I sit in the cockpit of a car which provides a lot of features to play around with. Yet, I am most confident when I am sitting in a plain jane cockpit which gives better driving impression/feedback.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only TWO smileys allowed per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th August 2014 at 00:05.
nkishore_007 is offline  
Old 17th August 2014, 23:28   #439
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,959
Thanked: 16,691 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkishore_007 View Post
We have comparisons made between brands and their models in almost all forums. Why is that "right" while my post wrong? Food for thought?
Comparison between cars is great!
Comparison between brands is interesting. (Lol... ya, the new fiat ad is still rhyming in my head).

But, just saying Y brand is not upto X brand - as a random statment - is never a comparison. More so, when you just dont have any automotive content to substantiate that statement. Bikes - yes, agreed. Hyosung has to do some catching up. Cars nowadays are a different story.

Anyways, what I have stated is personal opinion too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkishore_007 View Post
Never mind, lets pull the plug and no more debates please!
Whats the point of a forum if there are no debates!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 18th August 2014, 20:09   #440
BHPian
 
nkishore_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 80
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Comparison between cars is great!
Comparison between brands is interesting. (Lol... ya, the new fiat ad is still rhyming in my head).

But, just saying Y brand is not upto X brand - as a random statment - is never a comparison. More so, when you just dont have any automotive content to substantiate that statement. Bikes - yes, agreed. Hyosung has to do some catching up. Cars nowadays are a different story.

Anyways, what I have stated is personal opinion too!
I buy your argument. One of the point which urges me to state what I stated is coz I look at how many old timers (first/any old model) are still plying on the road. I remember only one hatch, and none of others. Of course the market has changed now. Maybe I will see some old timers in coming years.

I have been part of few discussions (not here @ T-BHP), where I had to provide inputs to buying a car (hatch, sedan, luxury sedan), and I could never find arguments which made me or my friends choose certain brand after going through T-BHP, Autocar, Overdrive, etc. you name it!. Those were the same models I used to ogle at because they are such head turners,and spoils you when you behind the wheel.

Quote:
Whats the point of a forum if there are no debates!
well debates are definitely part of a forum, but someone got to put an end to it when the discussion will never make it to a common ground, ain't it? Sometimes, you do it early, sometimes after few exchanges! Sometimes you just do it as the debate may hijack the thread's intent.

Now, coming back to this thread discussion. Maybe it is important question for us to ask if localization leads to bad quality? The quality of raw materials might not be up to the mark, maybe they will not refine the material the way it is done in factories outside India. I do not know!
But if localization indeed brings in "not so good" quality, then we are in a wild goose chase in expecting a less price and "great" build quality.
nkishore_007 is offline  
Old 20th August 2014, 20:18   #441
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 892
Thanked: 4,603 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Does any one know if the hybrid version of the Jazz will also be launched in India? I have used my Jazz for 4 happy trouble free years and sometimes feel that only another updated Jazz could replace the old girl. Cavernous loading space at the rear with the seats turned down have carried everything from my daughters full size bicycle to tall plants to a painting with a minimum side of 4 feet 4 inches. If the Jazz comes here in the hybrid version it should in my opinion be the car to buy for some of us.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 19:46   #442
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Does any one know if the hybrid version of the Jazz will also be launched in India? I have used my Jazz for 4 happy trouble free years and sometimes feel that only another updated Jazz could replace the old girl. Cavernous loading space at the rear with the seats turned down have carried everything from my daughters full size bicycle to tall plants to a painting with a minimum side of 4 feet 4 inches. If the Jazz comes here in the hybrid version it should in my opinion be the car to buy for some of us.
I love my car too. Even if they can just extend the Jazz a bit, increase the ground clearance, make it look like a SUV and give it a AT, I am ready to buy again.
mail4ajo is offline  
Old 1st September 2014, 00:45   #443
BHPian
 
suhas_raj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Considering what Honda has been coming up with off-late (read mobilio, amaze) I don't have high expectations from them for the Jazz. Although the previous gen Jazz was a good car, I doubt if the new one is going to be any better.

Even the new gen city seems overpriced for what it offers, although it has been selling well. Feel like Honda lost the trick somewhere in the process of building blockbuster cars for the "Indian Market".
suhas_raj is offline  
Old 15th September 2014, 11:16   #444
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,363
Thanked: 28,236 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

The 2015 Honda Jazz/Fit recently went through the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) Crash Safety Test, and scored a rating of "GOOD" for most areas, except for a small front overlap area, where it scored an "ACCEPTABLE" rating.

The said Jazz/Fit model was equipped with six airbags.

Quote:
The structure of the vehicle stayed composed enough to maintain a good amount of space for the driver and most of the intrusion came only from the door hinge pillar at the bottom. The seatbelt was unable to hold the dummy tightly and this resulted in the head banging on to the steering wheel through the inflated airbag. The lower part of the left leg was also vulnerable to injuries in the tested car (LHD), and hence vice-versa would apply in an RHD car. Due to the seatbelt not holding the dummy tightly, the head moved towards the left pillar and was protected from injuries thanks to the side airbag.

The 2015 Honda Fit will be launched as the Jazz in India, in March 2015.
RavenAvi is offline  
Old 18th September 2014, 14:13   #445
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,306
Thanked: 23,874 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Honda has released images of the prototype of the European-spec Jazz hatchback in the build-up to the 2014 Paris Motor Show.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-prototype1.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-prototype2.png
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 15:15   #446
BHPian
 
prakash_ajp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 493
Thanked: 715 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda has released images of the prototype of the European-spec Jazz hatchback in the build-up to the 2014 Paris Motor Show.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Hmm... I hope they tone it down a bit eventually. There's simply too much going on there in terms of exterior design.
prakash_ajp is offline  
Old 18th September 2014, 16:25   #447
BHPian
 
sarathlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 976
Thanked: 2,024 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda has released images of the prototype of the European-spec Jazz hatchback in the build-up to the 2014 Paris Motor Show.
Any idea, why this is called a prototype? Apart from the 1.3L engine and the transmission change, not noticing anything different from the existing JDM version.
sarathlal is offline  
Old 18th September 2014, 17:26   #448
BHPian
 
nim_peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 184
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Front and side profile looks similar to UK Honda Civic hatch, anyone else see similarities? Yes, the color too.
nim_peter is offline  
Old 18th September 2014, 18:07   #449
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 85 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Hmm... I hope they tone it down a bit eventually. There's simply too much going on there in terms of exterior design.
Apart from the spoiler and wheels there is no difference compared to the ones sold in Japan.

It looks more flashy because it was photographed in the white wall press photo room.

Last edited by aim120 : 18th September 2014 at 18:11.
aim120 is offline  
Old 18th September 2014, 21:38   #450
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 892
Thanked: 4,603 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

The new Honda Jazz looks simply stunning. If the engine of the new version has just a bit more torque than the present model this would be my perfect high end hatch back for the daily commute. I wonder if Honda will bring the hybrid version to India. That would be exciting.
V.Narayan is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City manishkapadia Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 6th December 2015 23:57
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39 awarty The Indian Car Scene 913 25th September 2008 20:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks