Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2015, 19:06   #826
BHPian

Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Meanwhile in Mumbai :-

1. Linkway Honda told that the service training is scheduled to be in the mid of May.
They have not received any further details and are not accepting any booking amounts. But the launch is scheduled in May 2nd half.

They said it is highly likely that the booking will start after the 20th of May'15 with deliveries starting June'15.

2. Solitaire Honda and Apex Honda sounded similar bugles with almost the same informations.

Honda please don't delay it further ...I personally don't like the i20 brothers or the YRA design!
johannskaria is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 16:57   #827

Any news on when Jazz is going to be launched?
It has been very quiet on jazz front from Honda.
Looking at Zauba - import of parts for jazz has taken a upswing in past couple of weeks:
https://www.zauba.com/import-jazz-hs-code.html
Hoping to see it soon!
Old 19th April 2015, 08:41   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --9-- View Post
Any news on when Jazz is going to be launched?
Nothing new, but here is a report of the expected launch.

Quote:
Honda Cars India has turned its attention towards pre-launch activities for the Jazz ahead of its anticipated touch down in June-July 2015

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 14:34   #829
BHPian

I feel the IAB article is pretty vague and open ended. They have mentioned statements like "Honda gearing up to introduce the new Jazz" and "Honda has turned its attention towards pre-launch activities for the Jazz" but that is all. They have not made any point on what the gearing up is or what activities Honda has turned it attention to. I mean, I am not sure if they have some solid news like one of the following 1. Ad shooting 2. Service training for dealers 3. Media Drive invitation 4. Spotting of the Indian version in our out of the factory 5. Insider information. Or are they just trying to speculate and have put this news assuming the June / July launch. I wish they had given some detail on the base of the news to make it more believable.
Old 19th April 2015, 18:56   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

In other news, the India-bound Honda Jazz has scored in the top 10 Best Interiors in a Car listed by Ward's Automotive, an US-based publication.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazz2015interior.jpg

The magazine posts:

Quote:
“The third-generation ’15 Fit now available has a more spacious cabin, a new interior configuration and lots more rear legroom, thanks to a longer wheelbase.

And for under $22,000, the Fit can be had in EX-L dress, fully loaded. The Fit retains the second-row “Magic Seats” that fold upright and lock in place for easy storage of bikes and other large objects – a wonderful feature that remains innovative.

Honda expertly realizes entry-level buyers don’t like to settle and instead prefer a unique, upscale alternative to the econobox.”

SOURCE - Ward's Automotive (via Motoroids)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 19:15   #831
BHPian

I really hope Honda takes the quality seriously this time. Brio/Amaze type cost cutting will not work in this segment. especially with competitors like the i20 and Polo. They also need to work on the refinement of the diesel engine. Apparently the Mobilio has seen a lot of improvements as compared to the Amaze, and I hope they trickle down to the Jazz.

I think Honda should try to match the i20 on pricing and features, and it Mau just go on to become the best selling premium hatch in the market, barring maybe the Swift.
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 21:51   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
In other news, the India-bound Honda Jazz has scored in the top 10 Best Interiors in a Car listed by Ward's Automotive, an US-based publication.
Hey RavenAvi, the US top-end model found a place in the list. If you notice, the US model has soft-touch material and totally different quality level. So it is not really the India-bound Jazz that has found a place in the list

However, we can be happy that the design will be carried forward, if not the quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I really hope Honda takes the quality seriously this time. Brio/Amaze type cost cutting will not work in this segment. especially with competitors like the i20 and Polo. They also need to work on the refinement of the diesel engine. Apparently the Mobilio has seen a lot of improvements as compared to the Amaze, and I hope they trickle down to the Jazz.

I think Honda should try to match the i20 on pricing and features, and it Mau just go on to become the best selling premium hatch in the market, barring maybe the Swift.
Aaron, I do not expect Brio / Amaze levels of cost-cutting, but expect City levels of cost-cutting.

I drove a 2015 Amaze for 550 kms and found the noise levels of the diesel to be OK and manageable. It was not as bad as I expected. The week after that I drove a 2015 City for 150 kms and found the noise levels to be even better than the Amaze. If Mobilio has seen improvement compared to the Amaze and City and the same is carried over to Jazz, then I guess things would be perfectly acceptable. Coming to the pricing, Honda will have to reduce their margins very much to match i20 pricing, especially seeing how much expensive City is compared to Verna. But Honda better price Jazz as close to i20 as possible to make it a success.

All said and done. It will be close to impossible for Jazz to beat i20. Reason being i20 has got a huge advantage by launching the new gen earlier to Jazz and will be the first choice to a premium hatchback buyer (I dont consider Swift to be a premium hatchback). Jazz is already a "flop" model for the market and to gain enough popularity to beat i20 will be a Herculean task. Another reason is, even if the market chooses Jazz to be the winner, Honda does not have the capacity to churn out enough Jazzs to beat i20
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 22:00   #833
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt they even have a choice of providing cut-price interiors. The i20 is most definitely the benchmark - Honda needs to do better or at least be on par with the Hyundai. Also, I'm pleased to see the overall quality of materials move up a notch in this segment.

Would agree on refining the i-DTEC part as well. That clatter is god awfully annoying!

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 19th April 2015, 23:07   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I feel the IAB article is pretty vague and open ended.
The IAB article is most likely based on this economic times slideshow/article as I found both to be similarly/loosely worded!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46973698.cms

Meanwhile Linkway Honda called up to tell they will contact with updates of booking by the month end!

Last edited by johannskaria : 19th April 2015 at 23:13.
Old 20th April 2015, 00:10   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Hey RavenAvi, the US top-end model found a place in the list. If you notice, the US model has soft-touch material and totally different quality level. So it is not really the India-bound Jazz that has found a place in the list

However, we can be happy that the design will be carried forward, if not the quality.

Aaron, I do not expect Brio / Amaze levels of cost-cutting, but expect City levels of cost-cutting.

I drove a 2015 Amaze for 550 kms and found the noise levels of the diesel to be OK and manageable. It was not as bad as I expected. The week after that I drove a 2015 City for 150 kms and found the noise levels to be even better than the Amaze. If Mobilio has seen improvement compared to the Amaze and City and the same is carried over to Jazz, then I guess things would be perfectly acceptable. Coming to the pricing, Honda will have to reduce their margins very much to match i20 pricing, especially seeing how much expensive City is compared to Verna. But Honda better price Jazz as close to i20 as possible to make it a success.

All said and done. It will be close to impossible for Jazz to beat i20. Reason being i20 has got a huge advantage by launching the new gen earlier to Jazz and will be the first choice to a premium hatchback buyer (I dont consider Swift to be a premium hatchback). Jazz is already a "flop" model for the market and to gain enough popularity to beat i20 will be a Herculean task. Another reason is, even if the market chooses Jazz to be the winner, Honda does not have the capacity to churn out Jazzs to beat i20
Honda City VX M/T Diesel - 14 lakhs
Hyundai Verna SX CRDi M/T - 14.3 lakhs
(Approximate on road mumbai prices)

Given how the Verna and City compare, I don't see any reason why Honda cannot price the Jazz along the lines of the i20.

I've only driven a 2013 Amaze, so I'll take your word on the refinement front.
But yes I agree with the second part of your post and its a shame because the Jazz has the potential to beat the i20. But if they launch it correctly and market it well, it should be able to settle at around 5-6 k provided that they are able to produce those many cars.

Let's just hope that Honda doesn't mess it up like the previous Jazz and more recently the Mobilio. Who knows, I might end up with another Honda to give my City company
Old 20th April 2015, 00:22   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
The IAB article is most likely based on this economic times slideshow/article as I found both to be similarly/loosely worded!

Meanwhile Linkway Honda called up to tell they will contact with updates of booking by the month end!
JohanSkaria, I think it is the other way mate If you notice, the economic times article / slideshow mentions IAB as its source.

Thats nice. Probably Honda has started calling the service guys for training or the dealers were given a probable time-frame when Jazz might be launched. Do let us know if the Linkway guys reach back to you with booking related details. In the meantime, let me contact the Bangalore dealers and try to get some information from them.
Old 20th April 2015, 00:47   #837
BHPian

Quote:
JohanSkaria, I think it is the other way mate If you notice, the economic times article / slideshow mentions IAB as its source.

Do let us know if the Linkway guys reach back to you with booking related details. In the meantime, let me contact the Bangalore dealers and try to get some information from them.

Oh sorry ! my mistake. apologies

Will surely post the updates as and when they contact.
Let us know if anything comes up too.
Old 20th April 2015, 10:48   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Honda City VX M/T Diesel - 14 lakhs
Hyundai Verna SX CRDi M/T - 14.3 lakhs
(Approximate on road mumbai prices)

Given how the Verna and City compare, I don't see any reason why Honda cannot price the Jazz along the lines of the i20.
Sorry mate, Please re-check. I checked the Delhi ex-showroom figures and this is how it stands

City VXMT iVTEC: Rs. 10,34,000
Verna SX 1.6 VTVT: Rs. 10,11,790

City VXMT iDTEC: Rs. 11,53,500
Verna SX 1.6 CRDi: Rs. 11,51,739

The difference in Mumbai prices are also similar (in fact more steep for the petrol).

Even after the price hike after Verna facelift, this is how it stands. That is why I felt it will be tough for Honda to price Jazz less than i20. They will probably match it in introductory price and later increase the price.
Old 20th April 2015, 20:15   #839
BHPian

Quote:
I really hope Honda takes the quality seriously this time. Brio/Amaze type cost cutting will not work in this segment.

Totally agree with that mate. As said elsewhere too, i20 has become sort of benchmark in terms of features.

Quote:
All said and done. It will be close to impossible for Jazz to beat i20. Reason being i20 has got a huge advantage by launching the new gen earlier to Jazz and will be the first choice to a premium hatchback buyer (I dont consider Swift to be a premium hatchback). Jazz is already a "flop" model for the market and to gain enough popularity to beat i20 will be a Herculean task. Another reason is, even if the market chooses Jazz to be the winner, Honda does not have the capacity to churn out enough Jazzs to beat i20
While I too agree that i20 has the first movers advantage, I still believe (wishful thinking maybe) that if priced correctly and with a decent set of useful features, it could give i20 a run for its money and maybe, just maybe, over a period of time overtake it as well. A lot of people would be interested in the Jazz purely because of the Honda badge and a diesel option as well and that is where the trick would be for Honda to ensure that the prospective customers who walk in are given an offer (price + feature + availability of model) which makes them stay.

Cheers,
S
Old 21st April 2015, 18:15   #840
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Jazz showcased at the Auto Shanghai 2015 show.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzfrontatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzfrontthreequarterviewatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzrearthreequarterviewatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzrearatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzdashboardatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzfrontseatsatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzrearseatatautoshanghai2015900x596.jpg

Quote:
In terms of space, Honda’s 2nd row “Magic Seats” offers MPV-esque versatility, while boot space can be increased from 354 litres (rear seats up) to a generous 884 litres (with them folded down).
The launch of the Indian version of the Honda Jazz is expected sometime in June-July 2015.

SOURCE - IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread