Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2015, 21:16   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

2015 Honda Jazz spied again ahead of Indian launch! Possible late June/ July launch.

Honda Jazz VX variant Spied in orange color -VX gets smaller stub type antenna , bigger rear spoiler with LED stop lamps and rear wash and wipe.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzvx2015.jpg

Honda Jazz 2015’s S variant spied - mostly antenna configuration as in the earlier Jazz

Name:  honda2015jazzSivtec.jpg
Views: 4998
Size:  73.4 KB

http://gaadiwaadi.com/2015-honda-jaz...indian-launch/

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th May 2015 at 21:39.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 21:25   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2015 Honda Jazz spied again ahead of Indian launch!

Honda Jazz VX variant Spied in orange color

Honda Jazz 2015ís S variant spied
Thanks Volkman!!! One thing is clear here. Even the VX variant does not get a Key-less Entry and Go Very bad from Honda to omit this especially when Grand i10, Elite i20 and even Swift is giving this now. If they are keeping it for a facelift in the future. It might be too late.

Like I mentioned earlier, it gets smaller stub type antenna + big rear spoiler with LED stop lamps + rear wash and wipe. The S variant gets antenna in the front (as it is not present in the back ), small spoiler with normal stop lamps + no rear wash and wipe.

And the Gaadiwaadi guys, trying to fool people?? The second and fourth picture were taken months ago when they first came out with the spypics. Only the first and third pics showing the rear are new ones.

Last edited by Vigkey : 8th May 2015 at 21:29.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 00:40   #918
BHPian

So Team-BHP-ians, Honda has finally "revealed" the name of #AllNewHonda and it is the Jazz They have also chosen to divulge key details like it will be available in Petrol and Diesel. Just kidding guys. Found it funny when they slowly state the obvious

Please find the latest promo pic below.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-reveal.png
Old 9th May 2015, 01:36   #919
BHPian

Quote:
2015 Honda Jazz spied again ahead of Indian launch! Possible late June/ July launch.
Don't see adjustable headrests in either of these variants. Another miss is a premium hatchback?
Old 9th May 2015, 07:44   #920
@KP
BHPian

No, if you see the picture of the VX model, it does look like adjustable headrest atleast for the driver.
Old 9th May 2015, 12:00   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Don't see adjustable headrests in either of these variants. Another miss is a premium hatchback?
As per photos released by GaadiWaadi, driver and front passenger seat will come with adjustable headrest.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-hondajazzvx2015.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th May 2015, 12:08   #922
Senior - BHPian

In the previous Jazz, there were adjustable headrests for the front as well as the rear seats. I hope they don't skimp on this.

Things like ABS/Airbags/rear wash/wipe, steering controls etc were common in all variants of previous Jazz. Also, all the variants had a short stub antenna in the rear like shown in the VX variant above. The fact that they have even removed that and provided a narrow long one (couple of generations old ) for the lower variants indicate some serious cost cutting from Honda.I would expect a very competitive pricing from Honda in that case, at least for the base variant which I feel will be extremely bare bones.

Last edited by adimicra : 9th May 2015 at 12:11.
Old 9th May 2015, 14:03   #923
BHPian

If the Jazz is launched in a combination of Diesel and automatic transmission, with all the bells and whistles of the City for ~10L on road, I think Honda will have a monster hit on their hands. Or am I being too greedy ?
Old 9th May 2015, 14:44   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess the automatic is confirmed as the teaser shows one! Will have to see whether the 1.2L is offered or the 1.5L! Heads says it'll be the 1.2L as 1.5L + Auto will sky rocket the prices.
Old 9th May 2015, 16:03   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Ashua, are you referring to the front seats or the rear bench? Front seats, I am sure, will get adjustable head-rests in ALL variants. however, the rear bench will have fixed head-rests, again, in ALL variants. The spy pics also indicate the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
In the previous Jazz, there were adjustable headrests for the front as well as the rear seats. I hope they don't skimp on this.
Adimicra, Unfortunately it looks like Jazz will have fixed seat-rests in the rear seats, just like the City. What concerns me more here is that, this might indicate a exclusion of magic seats from this generation Indian Jazz.

Quote:
Things like ABS/Airbags/rear wash/wipe, steering controls etc were common in all variants of previous Jazz.
I feel Honda will give ABS + EBD + Driver Airbag in all variants and Passenger Airbag will come in from SV variant onwards. I guess, Steering control will follow similar trend from City. Read wash / wipe is not present in S and lower as per the spy-pics (or is it? The S-variant has a slot in Chrome bar for the rear wiper. Could it be that it was removed from the car in spy-pic for some reason???)

Quote:
Also, all the variants had a short stub antenna in the rear like shown in the VX variant above. The fact that they have even removed that and provided a narrow long one (couple of generations old ) for the lower variants indicate some serious cost cutting from Honda.I would expect a very competitive pricing from Honda in that case, at least for the base variant which I feel will be extremely bare bones.
City has the old long antenna in E and S variants and SV and better variants get the shark-fin antenna. Same will follow in Jazz. We can see all round cost cutting in Jazz, just like in City and thus, I feel, we can expect competitive pricing from Honda, at least as an introductory offer (which will stay longer if sales is bad and vice-versa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
If the Jazz is launched in a combination of Diesel and automatic transmission, with all the bells and whistles of the City for ~10L on road, I think Honda will have a monster hit on their hands. Or am I being too greedy?
Yes Prashanthyr. I guess you are being way too greedy. I dont think Honda offers that in ANY market. No way they would have done RnD for Indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guess the automatic is confirmed as the teaser shows one! Will have to see whether the 1.2L is offered or the 1.5L! Heads says it'll be the 1.2L as 1.5L + Auto will sky rocket the prices.
The heart asks for a 1.5 iVTEC. Doesnt it?? Prices will touch 10L ex-showroom if this variant comes up and will sell in < 500 pcs per month for sure.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 17:15   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest report on its launch.
Quote:
Bookings for the hatchback will commence in the third week of May, while launch could take place by early next month.
http://www.oncars.in/car-news/new-ho...ext-month/6511
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 01:21   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Unfortunately it looks like Jazz will have fixed seat-rests in the rear seats, just like the City. What concerns me more here is that, this might indicate a exclusion of magic seats from this generation Indian Jazz.
From those pictures the headrest on the VX variant looks lower then the one in S version which has fixed ones.So it appears that the VX variant will get adjustable headrest in the back seat.
Old 12th May 2015, 01:46   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
From those pictures the headrest on the VX variant looks lower then the one in S version which has fixed ones.So it appears that the VX variant will get adjustable headrest in the back seat.
Yes aim120, I agree. Actually I noticed it only after I posted my comments. I tried to zoom in the picture in Gaadiwaadi and confirm if it is an adjustable head-rest but could not confirm beyond doubt as there is only one sample available as of now.

But Yes, the headrest in VX appears to be much lower than the one in S (maybe just the angle) which seems to have a prominent hump. So there is a probability that VX variant alone has adjustable headrests + magic seats. Just my guess
Old 12th May 2015, 10:38   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

For guys thinking the Jazz will come with the 1.5 i-VTEC engine , seem to now be a distant dream.

Excerpts from the interview the VP -Marketing,

Quote:
Considering the rise in demand for hot hatches, why not offer 1.5L i-VTEC?

– Petrol engine bigger than 1200 cc will not qualify for small car category.

http://www.rushlane.com/honda-jazz-l...yVc5I6o11dO.99
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 11:13   #930
BHPian

Quote:

Excerpts from the interview the VP -Marketing,

http://www.rushlane.com/honda-jazz-l...yVc5I6o11dO.99
Quoting from the same interview.

"The Styling, Look, Performance and high Versatility will be key differentiator from its competitors."

Does "high versatility" mean Magic seats?
Closed Thread