Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 14:40   #1021
BHPian
 
damager21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 756
Thanked: 2,392 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

New Jazz will have 90% localization up from 70% in case of previous gen Jazz. This should help Honda price Jazz a bit more aggressively. Also, part sharing with City should lead to economies of scale and hence competitive pricing.

Capacity of Tapukara plant in Rajasthan will be increased from 1.2 lakh units to 1.8 lakh cars by the middle of next year.

Also, Honda plans to increase its presence from 232 outlets in 152 cities to 300 outlets in 200 cities in the current financial year.

Current capacity constraints should get ironed out by mid of next year.

Source: Business Standard
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 14:47   #1022
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,335
Thanked: 921 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

I don't think magic seats will be there in specific variants only. They'll either be there for all or absent in all. IMO, they will be there - I can't see reason to not provide that in the Indian Jazz.
Axe77 is offline  
Old 19th May 2015, 14:49   #1023
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Also, the fact that lower variant CVT Jazz comes with paddle shifters makes me feel that top variant will be more loaded to create that price differentiation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Yes Damager21, but I have a strong feeling that what we see will be top-end automatic (V or VX) and the manual MIGHT have one more variant on top of this (VX or VX(O)). That variant will have the 7" touchscreen HU with AVN and might get magic seats. But I have a feeling that Cruise Control and Push-button start / stop will be given a miss in the Jazz. But well, we never know what is really in store.
Just speculating. But it might not make sense to have a top end CVT Jazz as it will be mighty close to the City SV CVT variant.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 19th May 2015, 15:38   #1024
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 669
Thanked: 1,153 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Jazz VX variant Spied in orange color -VX gets smaller stub type antenna , bigger rear spoiler with LED stop lamps and rear wash and wipe.

Honda Jazz 2015ís S variant spied - mostly antenna configuration as in the earlier Jazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I don't think magic seats will be there in specific variants only. They'll either be there for all or absent in all. IMO, they will be there - I can't see reason to not provide that in the Indian Jazz.
Axe77, if we see the spyshots from Gaadiwaadi in the above quoted post by Volkman, the VX variant's backseat seems to be much lower than the S variant's. That is the reason, why I felt Magic seats might be absent in lower variants and might find place only in V and VX variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just speculating. But it might not make sense to have a top end CVT Jazz as it will be mighty close to the City SV CVT variant.
It is a Yes and No to your point Vid6639. Seeing the spyshots, it is clear that the one of the CVT variant gets Paddle-shifters, leather-wrapped steering wheels, 5" HU - features only found in VX City. The touch-panel ACC and Silver Garnish in steering wheel are found in SV variant also. However, there is no Push-button start and key-less entry and go in the spied variant (nor in the Teaser video). Going by all this, the spied car is either a V or a VX CVT. i.e. they have added some features in V or removed the key-less entry and go from VX. And in all probabilities, the spied one is the top-end the automatic Jazz will get. However, the manual will get one variant above this with the 7" touchscreen HU with AVN and probably with keyless entry and go (chances are very less) and this variant might be the VX or VX(O).

Speculation - isn't that the liberty we get till we get the "official" information. Without speculation the pre-release posts will have no spice or fun. Let us all speculate, have some fun and see how much good we were when Honda comes up with the official information.
Vigkey is offline  
Old 19th May 2015, 16:15   #1025
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

The thread title says "2014 Jazz", but we are already in 2015.

What am I missing?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 16:34   #1026
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 669
Thanked: 1,153 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The thread title says "2014 Jazz", but we are already in 2015.

What am I missing?
Good catch SUN!!! If you notice, the thread was started in 2013 and Honda was expected to launch the new Jazz in 2014, like it did in the rest of the world.

Guess it is up to the Mods now to decide if it needs to be changed to 2015.
Vigkey is offline  
Old 19th May 2015, 18:04   #1027
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 209
Thanked: 412 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Team-BHPians, we have some new spy-shots of the interiors of the new Jazz from Cardekho!!! Some interesting bits here!!!

Non-top trim (SV or V variant probably) was the one spied. Features as I observed.
  • Paddle shifters - Segment first
  • Touch screen ACC controls
  • Steering mounted Bluetooth controls
  • City's 5" non-touchscreen unit
  • Leather stitched steering wheel
  • No push-button start - but the panel has an option for that - is such a variant in offering??
Pics below.

Attachment 1371932

Attachment 1371941

We can also see that the carpets and door trims are black which means the interiors will definitely be dark. Jazz will also get the MID similar to City as a round LCD display on the right of the speedometer.

Guess this scoop laid to rest some doubts about the ACC and paddle shifters and steering mounted bluetooth controls.



Any idea why this has been taken off Honda's official twitter handle and FB page??
To be really optimistic, maybe this was the trim shown in the teaser video , all the key cranking start and stuff. Maybe the manual gets the push button start

But I see a lot of people saying that we might not get magic seats. I don't get it, it is the USP of the Jazz, the differentiating factor, why would they not include it? They most definitely will include it, unless some top people at Honda intend to commit harakiri.

Last edited by akhil994 : 19th May 2015 at 18:07.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:15   #1028
@KP
BHPian
 
@KP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 146
Thanked: 49 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Can't remember the last time when Honda did such a good teaser for any car launch. The fact that they are going for non-Indian characters (instead of Kapil again ) for Jazz shows that they probably intend to build this as something non-desi and perhaps peg this as premium ?

Name:  honda ben and chloe.PNG
Views: 3863
Size:  419.6 KB

I for now am looking forward to the TVCs !!
@KP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:43   #1029
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 669
Thanked: 1,153 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
To be really optimistic, maybe this was the trim shown in the teaser video , all the key cranking start and stuff. Maybe the manual gets the push button start
To be frank, I am not that optimistic Akhil. The reason is the VX Jazz spied at Tapukara did non have a key-less entry, the kind found in City. Considering that was also the automatic variant and the manual VX(O) will have them is being too optimistic IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
But I see a lot of people saying that we might not get magic seats. I don't get it, it is the USP of the Jazz, the differentiating factor, why would they not include it? They most definitely will include it, unless some top people at Honda intend to commit harakiri.
It is the USP of Jazz for the informed buyers and I would really love to have it.

But the common man might be very interested in this is what I feel - How else can you explain so many hatchbacks without even 60:40 split being sold successfully. So Honda might choose to delete it from the feature-set and not many would realize what is missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Can't remember the last time when Honda did such a good teaser for any car launch. The fact that they are going for non-Indian characters (instead of Kapil again ) for Jazz shows that they probably intend to build this as something non-desi and perhaps peg this as premium ?

I for now am looking forward to the TVCs !!
Right from the teaser, it was very clear that Honda is VERY serious about Jazz (if you remember, Mobilio had a very boring teaser explaining its feature-set). The way they came out with teasers in Twitter and FB each day, showed their target audience was clearly the city based young and modern lot. They are majorly targeting the age group 25-35 to buy Jazz as their first car or first upgrade from a smaller hatchback. Mainly for the city based bachelors and young families. The frequency of updates and the way they revealed details every day was definitely to gauge the interest levels and how the public responded to the build up. Nice work by the marketing team

Eagerly looking forward to how they take the story forward and how much details they reveal through this story and also hope the TVC will be equally good.
Vigkey is offline  
Old 20th May 2015, 16:32   #1030
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 31
Thanked: 45 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Had been to Crystal Honda in Pune today to book the City. Asked the sales advisor and the only thing they know is that the Jazz will be launched on 8th July.
No training schedule communicated to them as of now.
SneakyFunk is offline  
Old 22nd May 2015, 00:36   #1031
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 209
Thanked: 412 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
To be frank, I am not that optimistic Akhil. The reason is the VX Jazz spied at Tapukara did non have a key-less entry, the kind found in City. Considering that was also the automatic variant and the manual VX(O) will have them is being too optimistic IMO.
The reason I am optimistic is that, there is a provision, a full cut out where the start/stop button is supposed to be. Now if I have to hazard a guess, I would say the automatic vx was the one spied , which has no start stop button and some further missing features to keep its cost below the City.

The manual on the other hand may have those features and the lack of CVT and paddle shifters again mean that it will be reasonably priced.

We could have a scenario where there is not a lot of difference in a manual and automatic models of a car in terms of price due to a few features being cut.

All we can do is speculate. Sigh! This is going to be one hell of a wait
akhil994 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2015, 02:50   #1032
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 669
Thanked: 1,153 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The reason I am optimistic is that, there is a provision, a full cut out where the start/stop button is supposed to be.
Even I noticed that and yes, I agree there is a provision. But the question is will Honda give that as an option in the Indian model. Unfortunately the overseas models without push-button start also have a similar full cut out space. I was expecting a silver panel to cover this space, but unfortunately that will not be present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Now if I have to hazard a guess, I would say the automatic vx was the one spied , which has no start stop button and some further missing features to keep its cost below the City.

The manual on the other hand may have those features and the lack of CVT and paddle shifters again mean that it will be reasonably priced.
Well, in other words Manual might get a VX(O) variant with additional features like touch-screen AVN, push-button start and maybe R16 185 tires. I dont think Honda will have the same variant name and skip features in the auto model. In that case, there will not be much price difference between the Manual VX(O) and automatic VX.
Vigkey is offline  
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:50   #1033
BHPian
 
RM Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 118
Thanked: 196 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

A picture of upcoming Honda Jazz interior. Looks very similar to updated Honda City. Touch screen climate control and aircon vents, music system, steering wheel and dials.
Attached Images
 
RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:01   #1034
BHPian
 
reihem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 221 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
We could have a scenario where there is not a lot of difference in a manual and automatic models of a car in terms of price due to a few features being cut.
All we can do is speculate. Sigh! This is going to be one hell of a wait
A friend of mine (in the associated circles) has confirmed the presence of push button start in the higher models. This was originally not part of the plan apparently, but is now being included.


Mod Note: Edited the reference to source

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2015 at 17:47. Reason: Reduced entire quote and removed reference to source.
reihem is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:35   #1035
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 669
Thanked: 1,153 Times
Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
A friend of mine confirmed the presence of push button start in the higher models. This was originally not part of the plan apparently, but is now being included.
Interesting information reihem!!! Any clue if the higher models means VX and VX(O) or a totally new RS variant?? Why I ask is, the VX variant spied by Gaadiwaadi did not have the key-less entry button on the driver side door handle. Probably they will add it in the production model as you said.

Were you able to get any other information from your friend? Please share it with the forum if you get any. Thanks!!

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2015 at 18:40. Reason: Removed source from the quoted post
Vigkey is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City manishkapadia Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 6th December 2015 23:57
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39 awarty The Indian Car Scene 913 25th September 2008 20:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks