Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2015, 16:12   #1036
BHPian

Default re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Were you able to get any other information from your friend? Please share it with the forum if you get any. Thanks!!
I might get a brochure later today. I will extract ALL info and share here.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2015 at 16:15. Reason: Edited entire quote. Note: Please use one liners with your judgement
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 16:18   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I might get a brochure later today. I will extract ALL info and share here.
Hey Reihen, are you serious dude?? If it happens, it will be a BIG BIG SCOOP. Eagerly waiting to see your post with the brochure!!!
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:17   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Attachment 1371073
^^Source: NDTV Auto

Attachment 1371074
^^Source: IBN Live
Look at the first picture. It resembles the old i20 from the rear half.
I am a little confused. Is Honda bringing in the same car that is already sold in other parts of the world?
I have seen this car in several European countries. There is also some Honda Civic version which looks quite similar in Europe.
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:27   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am a little confused. Is Honda bringing in the same car that is already sold in other parts of the world?
I have seen this car in several European countries. There is also some Honda Civic version which looks quite similar in Europe.
Yes SUN, it is the same car sold in other parts of the world - called Fit in Japan, China and Americas and as Jazz in other Asian countries, Australia, African Countries and Europe. If I am correct, this generation Jazz is yet to be launched in Europe. In fact, Honda has some styling cues in Jazz which are very similar to the Civic. Probably that got you confused.
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:29   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The Jazz is very much sold as the Jazz in Europe (in the UK for sure) but I think its sold as the Fit in Japan and the States.

The European Honda Civic is similar in that it is a 5 door hatch, but thats where the comparison ends. The car is much, much larger, probably even larger than a City. I have driven one in the UK. It's a wide car with serious road presence. I would say this is like comparing a Fiat Bravo and Fiat Punto.

This is the UK Civic. Source: Honda UK Website
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-landinghero.png
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:41   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz is very much sold as the Jazz in Europe (in the UK for sure)
Hey Reihem, are you sure the current generation Jazz is sold in UK? If I were to believe the Honda UK website, the old Jazz is the one being sold in UK currently. The new Jazz is marked as "Coming Soon" (summer 2015).
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:49   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Reihem, are you sure the current generation Jazz is sold in UK? If I were to believe the Honda UK website, the old Jazz is the one being sold in UK currently. The new Jazz is marked as "Coming Soon" (summer 2015).
Was referring to the old Jazz being sold under the Jazz name in the UK only.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 08:59   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine (in the associated circles) has confirmed the presence of push button start in the higher models. This was originally not part of the plan apparently, but is now being included.
Mod Note: Edited the reference to source

Dentsu has won the creative responsibility for Honda Jazz. I dont think the agency your friend is working for has anything to do with Jazz. Usually one single agency would be responsible for coming up with end to end to marketing plan right from TVC to Digital campaigns to even brochure designing.

I see this as a mere speculation. Though even I personally believe that top variant Jazz will come with Push Start/Stop button.

Source
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:00   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Dentsu has won the creative responsibility for Honda Jazz. I dont think the agency your friend is working for has anything to do with Jazz. Usually one single agency would be responsible for coming up with end to end to marketing plan right from TVC to Digital campaigns to even brochure designing.

I see this as a mere speculation. Though even I personally believe that top variant Jazz will come with Push Start/Stop button.

Source
I have PMd you the source, don't be so dismissive

Last edited by reihem : 23rd May 2015 at 10:03.
Old 23rd May 2015, 11:17   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

Source
You are mistaken on that front. Many a times the agency on record (AOR) does not work on everything. Digital can either be done by an independent agency or the media agency appointed. I can confirm the fact that the teaser for jazz has come from another agency and not dentsu.
bigblackshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 11:38   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Sort of OT but its disappointing that agency employees who by extension are bound by strict confidentiality terms are so flippant about loose talk. As bad is that these sources are so freely being disseminated on very public fora, PM or no PM.
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:07   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sort of OT but its disappointing that agency employees who by extension are bound by strict confidentiality terms are so flippant about loose talk. As bad is that these sources are so freely being disseminated on very public fora, PM or no PM.
I was merely passing on information that I got a chance to access indirectly. If there is a firm view/policy on this sort of thing, I shall ensure I don't do it again. Im relatively new to the forum.
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:35   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Axe77, I frankly feel there is nothing much to be concerned about the leaks as such. I am sure the companies also don't worry much. For them it is good one way as the buzz is always there and for us Indians, such leaked information gives more kick than official news - doesn't it Some of the leaks are intentional as well.

Again, this happens at all levels - how else can we expect "little birdies" to drop information once in a while to Auto forums and Auto magazines. Scoops, Spies, Leaks all make the build-up more interesting IMO.

By the way, I am in no way supporting unethical behavior, but just pointing out that it is very normal and many a times intentional as well.

Definitely agree that revealing the source should be a strict NO in such forums PM or no PM.

Quote:
I was merely passing on information that I got a chance to access indirectly. If there is a firm view/policy on this sort of thing, I shall ensure I don't do it again. Im relatively new to the forum.
Come on Reihem, I dont think you did any wrong except revealing your source. If we were not to disclose such information, I guess we would not have so many "little birdie" dropping notes. Do what you feel is correct.

Mods - Please correct me if I am wrong.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 14:29   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey. First of all what I wrote was purely a personal opinion not an indication of how forum rules work. I was just generally thinking that if these things are meant to be confidential then employees should not be sharing it. Simple. Of course if that is not the case then no harm done anyway.

Secondly even if someone leaks it (assuming its confidential and therefore a leak), I think it should ideally not be posted (morally speaking), or if it must be posted then at least done in such a way that you at least don't put ANYTHING that can point to the source.

And if confidential - I would include posts AND PMs to unknown forum members. After all who knows who's the person receiving the details of that source.

Quote:
Axe77, I frankly feel there is nothing much to be concerned about the leaks as such. I am sure the companies also don't worry much. For them it is good one way as the buzz is always there and for us Indians, such leaked information gives more kick than official news - doesn't it Some of the leaks are intentional as well.

Again, this happens at all levels - how else can we expect "little birdies" to drop information once in a while to Auto forums and Auto magazines. Scoops, Spies, Leaks all make the build-up more interesting IMO.

By the way, I am in no way supporting unethical behavior, but just pointing out that it is very normal and many a times intentional as well.

Definitely agree that revealing the source should be a strict NO in such forums PM or no PM.

Come on Reihem, I dont think you did any wrong except revealing your source. If we were not to disclose such information, I guess we would not have so many "little birdie" dropping notes. Do what you feel is correct.

Mods - Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes I agree it could also be publicity but that's also pure speculation. There are times when little deliberate tit bits are exciting for the brand but there could be other times when they want to closely control the level and sequence of information flow where such leaks could damage even overall brand strategy (I speak in general not in the specific context of the push button discussion above).

Anyway, I fear too much on these lines is OT so lets sign off.

Again, I didn't intend to specifically point fingers at anyone in particular. Just my general observation on leaks.

Cheers,
A.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd May 2015 at 14:31.
Old 24th May 2015, 00:51   #1050
BHPian

I have always liked the Honda Jazz, the previous gen. The 90hp iVtech was best in class, handling was sporty and though it was not as solid in feeling as a Punto, it didn't feel flimsy at all. With ABS and Airbags and roomy interiors, it had everything for us Indians. Why did it not sell then? - Pricing, which Honda corrected later but it was too late, as it comes out.
I have hopes again, with Punto and Polo not as roomy as I would like being 6'2" tall, Swift being too lightweight (Read not at par build quality) and i20 with a soft suspension and too light a steering, we can definitely accommodate the Jazz. This is true for the upcoming Maruti premium hatchback too!
But I think again, and get a "cold" feeling that this car could just be a smaller City, which for me is a product that is a result of heavy cost cutting and made with one philosophy, mass sales. This translates to City's skinny tyres even on the Top-end variant and steering remaining light at higher speeds, resulting in a car that makes one more nervous driving it on highways than my old Swift ever did.
If Jazz is overpriced, nobody would buy it, if City is overpriced, it hardly matter. I don't understand how this works anymore. I just hope that Honda gives Jazz the kind of treatment it deserves and not like what they did from 3rd to 4th generation of City.
Closed Thread