Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2015, 16:56   #1126
BHPian

Default Re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Sporty Honda Jazz with full bodykit spied ahead of launch in Indonesia. I am quite certain that 3 to 6 months down the line depending on demand for Jazz, Honda will launch Jazz RS in India.

If I am not wrong, Jnaneshwar Sen in one of his interviews 3 months back did confirm that Honda is considering RS variant of Jazz for India.

Name:  HondaJazzsportyvariantsidespiedIndonesia.jpg
Views: 5084
Size:  53.7 KB
Name:  HondaJazzsportyvariantspiedIndonesia.jpg
Views: 5079
Size:  103.9 KB

Source: IAB
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:03   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I hope they haven't kept the GT TSi as their template for fixing the price
If they have, will be suicidal unless they are planning to turbocharge it. I doubt Honda has such a configuration. Wonder how the AT will perform with 1.2L.
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:13   #1128
BHPian

Hi All, Sharing my news. Im 100% on everything except the Hyundai response part, that is hearsay.

Seems a lot has been sourced already so adding what I can.

1. The dials will having changing "eco light" colours to complement eco boost tech.
2. There will be an augmented reality (AR) experience at all the major city showrooms prior to launch. A tablet will be used for the AR experience with a dedicated app being built for it.
3. All info will be launched on the 15th of June via website, the AR experience at showrooms will also start then.
4. Speculative news - Hyundai has pushed Creta teasers etc till August to gauge what Honda is offering - I don't get this, given that they are hardy competitors.
5. The innovative seat arrangement feature is confirmed - you already knew this.
6. Touch screen AC and ICE etc - you already knew this.
7. The petrol has output of 90 Bhp, the diesel an output of 100 Bhp.
8. Interiors in a finish called RS Black ... whatever that is !

Last edited by reihem : 3rd June 2015 at 22:19.
reihem is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:24   #1129
BHPian

All of these are as expected and to those wondering about augmented reality, pls check this Jazz launch in the Philippines.

Scroll forward to 4:00 mins.

Last edited by tjacob : 3rd June 2015 at 22:29.
tjacob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 23:21   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Hi All, Sharing my news. Im 100% on everything except the Hyundai response part, that is hearsay.

Seems a lot has been sourced already so adding what I can.

1. The dials will having changing "eco light" colours to complement eco boost tech.
Any idea about what the eco boost means?
Is it something useful or something stupid like the 'eco' light which is available on most bikes and cars?
Old 3rd June 2015, 23:23   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Is it something useful or something stupid like the 'eco' light which is available on most bikes and cars?
Same as the City.

The light around the dials turn green when the engine is running in "Eco", a.k.a., fuel-efficient mode (as shown in the real-time Fuel Efficiency bar). When the engine is not in "Eco" mode, the dials turn blue.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd June 2015 at 23:30.
Old 4th June 2015, 00:05   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
5. The innovative seat arrangement feature is confirmed - you already knew this.
6. Touch screen AC and ICE etc - you already knew this.

Do you mean magic seats?

Also, do you know if it comes with cruise control?
Old 4th June 2015, 01:33   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Same as the City.

The light around the dials turn green when the engine is running in "Eco", a.k.a., fuel-efficient mode (as shown in the real-time Fuel Efficiency bar). When the engine is not in "Eco" mode, the dials turn blue.
Eco button (With a leaf symbol) is placed on the bottom section. ECO mode reduces the power stolen by AC compressor, thereby helping achieving slight gains in FE. The leaf icon will show up in console and the RPM+speedo circumference backlight changes colors (from green to blue) based on throttle input. Some microhybrid Accords have idling improvements and combined with regenerative braking, take up more functionality in the form of ECO button.

Source: My friend owns a 2014 North American Honda Accord with ECO button.
Old 4th June 2015, 01:58   #1134
BHPian

I feel it is an intelligent move from Honda to have S and V variants for the AT model. If City pricing is anything to go by, CVT model is ~1 lakh more than the corresponding manual model and ~10k less than the corresponding diesel model. If a VX CVT is offered, it will be dangerously close to the S MT City i-VTEC. But now, the top end V AT and VX MT will have a similar price and will most probably fall below E MT City - Hence, a better probability for the customers to go for it. S AT will be for the value seeking customers and will sell well if we were to go by the number of SV AT Citys on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
No VX AT!!
Jay, What we might miss in the V AT is the touch-screen HU + AVN and Push-button start (if offered). In addition, black interiors might be another thing, but that can anytime be added from outside. Other stuff might all be cosmetic including a sportier rear spoiler. I dont think much will be missed in the V variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
If they have, will be suicidal unless they are planning to turbocharge it. I doubt Honda has such a configuration. Wonder how the AT will perform with 1.2L.
Turbocharged i-VTEC is out of question for the time being as it is unheard of, at least in India. And I seriously don't think the pricing will touch TSi territories.

I always had the doubt how the 1.2 i-VTEC + CVT will perform. I can recollect that the City review clearly mentioned that the 1.5 i-VTEC was capable enough to mask some of CVT's shortcomings. Have to see how well the 1.2 i-VTEC does.

Quote:
Hi All, Sharing my news.
3. All info will be launched on the 15th of June via website, the AR experience at showrooms will also start then.
8. Interiors in a finish called RS Black ... whatever that is !
Thanks reihem for the information!!! 15th June is not very far away. Thats nice to know. Hope the "innovative seat arrangement" means magic seats. RS Black might just be a name they have given to the sporty black interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
From what we have seen in City this can mean 2 things. Very high probability that Jazz also follows suit.
  1. Eco button - This is a green button is available only in the CVT model. Pressing this button will make the car run in economy mode trading off the performance (opposite to Sports mode). As mentioned in the previous post, the AC power also will come down. Basically tuned to improve FE.
  2. Eco indicator - This is a light around the speedometer dial. This dial is lit up in blue normally and turns green if the driver drives it sedately and focused on economy. Basically spirited driving or heavy on pedal results in blue and light on pedal and slow acceleration and cruising results in Green. This assists the driver to drive for best economy.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 07:42   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Do you mean magic seats?

Also, do you know if it comes with cruise control?
Yes magic seats, and no there is no cruise control. the right side of the steering wheel (which normally houses the CC buttons) has been left empty.

I wish they would spread out the remaining audio controls over both sides instead of leaving one side unused.
reihem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:18   #1136
BHPian

Just received a call from my Honda dealer. He says the car is getting launched on the 15th itself and he will have a car for test drive on the 16th. Says will arrange test for both the petrol and diesel models on 16th. I am not willing to believe on the launch information but he might be getting the test drive vehicles.
Old 4th June 2015, 15:31   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Magnum Honda and White field Honda have started taking pre- bookings for Jazz. Booking amount is INR 51000 /

Training of personnel is done. Launch will most probably still be July 8th!

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th June 2015 at 15:33.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:07   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Just received a call from my Honda dealer. He says the car is getting launched on the 15th itself and he will have a car for test drive on the 16th. Says will arrange test for both the petrol and diesel models on 16th. I am not willing to believe on the launch information but he might be getting the test drive vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Magnum Honda and White field Honda have started taking pre- bookings for Jazz. Booking amount is INR 51000
Just visited the website of Magnum Honda Bangalore. They have already added All New Jazz to the list of test-drive vehicles. Will it be possible to get the test drive vehicles before the official launch?? 51k has become the nominal amount for pre-booking, I guess.

I don't think the car is launching on June 15 - probably they will unveil the car on June 15th in showrooms through the augmented reality app and also release the full feature set.
Old 5th June 2015, 19:31   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

2015 Honda Jazz VX MT Petrol snapped ahead of launch.

Top variant VX gets features such as alloy wheels, a rear wiper and washer, a rear spoiler, foglights, wing mirrors with integrated turn signals and electric adjustment and folding feature. A dead pedal is also provided. Steering wheel only gets audio controls.

The interior shows a touchscreen AVN (Audio Visual Navigation) system, a touch panel for the automatic climate control, steering mounted controls and leather wrapped steering wheel and gearlever.

Missing:

1. Start Stop Button 2. Keyless Entry 3. Cruise Control 4. Rear Parking Sensors

Quote:
The all-black interiors look very sporty and the monotony is broken nicely with silver and chrome inserts. Look closely and you will also notice two air-vents on the extreme right side of the fascia. There is also a provision to chill your drinks in the cup holder in front of the right bottom air-vent.
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazzvxmtindiaspied.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazzvxmtinteriorindiaspied.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazzvxmtrearindiaspied.jpg

http://www.gaadi.com/news/more-image...ne-month-80329

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th June 2015 at 19:56.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 20:05   #1140
BHPian

Per article in gaadi.com, the all new Honda Jazz would be driven in Goa next week. Can we assume that a media drive has been scheduled ?

Source:
http://www.gaadi.com/news/more-image...ne-month-80329
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread