Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd November 2013, 22:08   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Went to honda dealer today. Got a vital information regarding the Honda city 2014 on pricing of topend diesel version

Looks like top end diesel version will cost 13.85 - 13.95L in chennai / Comes with Rear AC vents/ 4 Alloys + 1 rim wheel /Fog Lamps/ Push button start/ No Foldable OVRM/ Again a media console with no CD player option/ No ACC
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
I will take this news with a pinch of salt. Even Amaze has electrically foldable OVRM, how can they skip it from their flagship model. So instead of speculating let's wait for 2 more days and things would be clear.
+1. I would take it with a huge pinch of salt as well, specially after what sawnilrules had reported from earlier in this very thread :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
As per my discussion with guys from Honda, the New City is already at the Gurgaon Plant. There are 2 variants of the car, 1 with Petrol Motor and 1 with Diesel Motor. The power for the Petrol Pod is gone up from 118 to 124 and diesel to have 120 PS engine, same power plant that is doing duty on the Amaze, albeit with bigger output

Dimension-ally, the new car is wider and longer than its outgoing version, and expect the car to be costlier than the current one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Meanwhile an update, these are the list of features the car may have extra over the outgoing model in its top-end avatar-
  • Bi-Xenon
  • MID
  • Auto Folding ORVM's
  • Climate Control AC with rear vents
  • CD, USB Player with Bluetooth Integration as well as Micro SD Card reader
  • Digital Console for Speedometer
The reason I say may have is, The current top-end model which is at the plant is with these features, however, knowing Honda India, they may invariably want to strip down on certain features in the car. And the most likely one to be stripped out citing cost issues would be Bi-Xenon.
The list of features above looks like a bare minimum, given that most of the competition already has it. I am expecting projectors instead of bi-xenons, everything else should be available. If the Amaze VX has a notable feature, then it's a definite that the City will have it as well (auto-folding ORVMs, heat-absorbing front windshield, etc.).

Anyway, one final shot to whet the anticipating appetites till Monday, courtesy paultan.org-

It's almost the same pic doing the rounds, from another angle. I daresay the final product will be very similar in looks to this one - Fit/Vezel front, "fluidic" mini-Civic side-styling lines, and most probably a C-Rider/Civic inspired rear. Doesn't it resemble the Elantra from the front two-thirds? There is an unmistakable resemblance to the Hyundai design.

Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-2014hondacityai850x343.jpg

Quote:
The 2014 Honda City will make its global debut in India at 12 noon India Time on November 25 2013.
That would be about 2:30pm in Malaysia on Monday, just two days from now. The Honda City is one of the two ‘kings of the B-segment’ other than the Toyota Vios, and if executed right this is one car that’s going to set Honda’s showrooms on fire when it is introduced in Malaysia next year.
We expect Honda to continue with the 1.5 litre i-VTEC and 5-speed auto powertrain for the new City. India will get an additional 1.5 litre i-DTEC diesel engine, while Japan will get a Honda City Hybrid in Q2 2014.
SOURCE (and full article) - http://paultan.org/2013/11/23/2014-honda-city-debut/
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 10:15   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Hold your horses folks. It is TOMORROW! I expect evolutionary and not revolutionary.
Old 24th November 2013, 10:45   #498
BHPian

25 hours to go.
Lets hope that Honda launches an awesome product at a good price.

Btw, Honda car india site has not yet removed the City from its list of models.
I guess they are not willing to have even a day in Indian market when there is no City in its product line.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:39   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Hold your horses folks. It is TOMORROW! I expect evolutionary and not revolutionary.
Yup , awaiting for the D-day. I strongly hope the price also follows the same suite. However for the price to be announced we need to wait until Jan-2014.
All I want to say is please Honda please don't break hearts by pricing the car high.
Old 24th November 2013, 13:55   #500
BHPian

Even I have banged up my head enough on this pricing issue. have braced my self with an understanding that if Honda city is overpriced then Vento tsi will be the way to go ( verna for diesel buyers ) or will take the plunge by cashing on my FD and go for Octavia elegance
Old 24th November 2013, 14:45   #501

Which version of the Honda City is this? Here are photos my brother clicked in Dubai last month.

Neil.
Attached Images

Old 24th November 2013, 15:11   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltopaz View Post
Which version of the Honda City is this? Here are photos my brother clicked in Dubai last month. Neil.
This is the Civic sold in the UAE
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 17:34   #503
BHPian

@neiltopaz and @speedsatya Which brings me to a wild thought of launching the New Civic as the City. I sat in one last night and believe me when I say this, the interiors of the outgoing Honda City in India seemed more upmarket than this. The mid-size cars are getting bigger by the day and the proportions of the Civic is just about right to be pegged against the Verna (again pls don't jump on me with numbers and details, but it just 'seems' close)

Might also explain the fact that it hasn't been seen for testing purposes, because Honda has already done so for the last two years. Wild goose chase guys, wild goose chase. Let's just wait till tomorrow; maybe our enthusiasm will ebb (hoping not)

Last edited by methecupid : 24th November 2013 at 17:42.
Old 25th November 2013, 00:03   #504
BHPian

I saw this pic on YouTube from autocarindia video about 2014 cars. Wonder if this is what that's going to be launched tomorrow! Name:  image1790895121.jpg
Views: 2994
Size:  180.8 KB See 2:00 of the video
Old 25th November 2013, 00:16   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
I saw this pic on YouTube from autocarindia video about 2014 cars. Wonder if this is what that's going to be launched tomorrow! Attachment 1170659 See 2:00 of the video
This is just a Autocar image / render

Same image was used in ACI November 2013 upcoming launches article.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:01   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
As sgiitk sir mentioned, i would wait for another 4 ~ 5 hours instead banging my head with options in internet.

Curios on the pricing point too, if the Manual transmission Top end crosses 12.5 i will cancel my booking.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:14   #507
BHPian

Guys, is there a live streaming portal where we can see the unveiling on the internet? Posting it here would be really great.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:15   #508
BHPian

The D-Day has come. Never have been so excited to see a new car getting launched.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:25   #509
Senior - BHPian

Phew! What a wait it has been, with wild guesses being the only option with us, as there are absolutely no pics of the car with any amount of camaflouge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Curios on the pricing point too, if the Manual transmission Top end crosses 12.5 i will cancel my booking.
Is that for the Petrol / Diesel? I think Petrol will fall around that figure, but diesel would cost around 13L. Anything more than that is asking too much for a mid-size car with an engine from a 8L car.

But looking at the hard lessons Honda had learnt on pricing front with the 2008 City and Jazz, I dont think they will goof up pricing yet again. They have priced the Brio and Amaze right at the centre of their segments. So City would hopefully not be taking chances with the already flying Verna and highly competent Vento/Rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Guys, is there a live streaming portal where we can see the unveiling on the internet? Posting it here would be really great.
Here you go -
https://hondacarindia.com/iconicmodel/default.aspx

Link will become active after 12 noon I suppose.

And guess what?? Honda City is off their models range in the website now! matter of 3-4 hours before it gets back afterall

Last edited by aravind.anand : 25th November 2013 at 09:35.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 09:38   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Phew! What a wait it has been, with wild guesses being the only option with us, as there are absolutely no pics of the car with any amount of camaflouge!

Is that for the Petrol / Diesel? I think Petrol will fall around that figure, but diesel would cost around 13L. Anything more than that is asking too much for a mid-size car with an engine from a 8L car.

But looking at the hard lessons Honda had learnt on pricing front with the 2008 City and Jazz, I dont think they will goof up pricing yet again. They have priced the Brio and Amaze right at the centre of their segments. So City would hopefully not be taking chances with the already flying Verna and highly competent Vento/Rapid.

Here you go -
https://hondacarindia.com/iconicmodel/default.aspx

Link will become active after 12 noon I suppose.

And guess what?? Honda City is off their models range in the website now! matter of 3-4 hours before it gets back afterall
You can watch through mobile also. Dear Honda Owner.Watch Unveiling of an Iconic Model that has redefined Automotive Design &Tech-Nov 25 @12pm.Click on http://www.24framesdigital.com/Honda/mobile
Closed Thread