Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th August 2013, 17:46   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Thats because this rule was implemented recently after a lot of abbrevations like OHC, NHC, ANHC, YAANHC (Yet another ANHC ), ANHV (for fluidic Verna), etc started floating around.
I get your point. Blame Honda for that! Thanks for the clarification though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Note from Moderator : Dear All, we had earlier requested to avoid using short form or abbreviation for car since the number of cars and its variants are growing multi fold each year and it's difficult for newer members to understand such abbreviations.

Besides, it also causes hindrances when a member is doing a search using a full search string.

Therefore, request all to use full form of cars for sake of all members.
Point noted! Was not aware of it. Thanks.

Last edited by saket77 : 14th August 2013 at 17:48.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:46   #47

So after researching for months, my Dad and me had zeroed in on the Honda City S-AT as it ticked all the necessary parameters we wished for. We are put up in Wilson Garden, Bangalore and Dakshin Motors, Lavelle Road was the closest dealership. Visited their showroom on 17th August, sadly they didn't have an AT for test drive since the Test Drive Car had met with an accident and currently under repair. We wanted a white S-AT but the SA informed he only had a silver S-AT and it would take at least a month after booking to get a white one.

On 27th August we decide to test drive the car in either Magnum Honda or Whitefield Honda and see who has a white S-AT in stock. I call up Magnum Honda and enquired, same reply NO AT's available for immediate delivery (any color or variant) and would take a month to get it. Dejected, I call Whitefield Honda, and the news that the SA gave me was that, they are not taking any bookings for the Automatics and only Manuals are being sold since they are waiting for the 2014 City which according to him would be launched in December. In turn I asked him, how is it other dealerships are taking the booking, to which his reply was that the company is clearing stock.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phkr19 View Post
they are not taking any bookings for the Automatics and only Manuals are being sold since they are waiting for the 2014 City which according to him would be launched in December. In turn I asked him, how is it other dealerships are taking the booking, to which his reply was that the company is clearing stock.
Same story here in Mumbai, SAs are pushing for Amaze AT because as per them, City AT is not in production anymore.
Old 28th August 2013, 09:39   #49
BHPian

Last week, when I went to Sundaram Honda showroom in Vijayawada on the lookout for an automatic car (brio/amaze) for my dad, we were informed that a new city will be launched by Oct 2013 and the sales person was against/reluctant going for automatic Honda City. He mentioned that the new model of City will be coming in diesel variant also.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 28th August 2013 at 09:54.
Old 28th August 2013, 09:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Last week, when I went to Sundaram Honda showroom in Vijayawada on the lookout for an automatic car (brio/amaze) for my dad, we were informed that a new city will be launched by Oct 2013 and he was against/reluctant going for automatic Honda City. He mentioned that the new model of City will be coming in diesel variant also.
Doubt that it will come in this year as no cars have been spied in India or anywhere in the world as yet. Honda India is yet to expand capacity in India and presently they do not have an excess capacity to build a new city that will attract thousands of bookings in the first few months. The Amaze i believe still have huge waiting periods and Honda is waiting for its Rajastan plant to be ready.
Old 28th August 2013, 10:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Last week, when I went to Sundaram Honda showroom in Vijayawada on the lookout for an automatic car (brio/amaze) for my dad, we were informed that a new city will be launched by Oct 2013 and he was against/reluctant going for automatic Honda City. He mentioned that the new model of City will be coming in diesel variant also.
Quote:
On 27th August we decide to test drive the car in either Magnum Honda or Whitefield Honda and see who has a white S-AT in stock. I call up Magnum Honda and enquired, same reply NO AT's available for immediate delivery (any color or variant) and would take a month to get it. Dejected, I call Whitefield Honda, and the news that the SA gave me was that, they are not taking any bookings for the Automatics and only Manuals are being sold since they are waiting for the 2014 City which according to him would be launched in December. In turn I asked him, how is it other dealerships are taking the booking, to which his reply was that the company is clearing stock.
These kinds of behaviour by dealers is strange and rarely seen.Most of the time when a new model is to be launched dealers lie and try to sell the existing model's stock.They would quote far off launch dates or increased prices of the new model.
A Toyota dealer told us that the new Corolla would start at 18L.
Maybe the Honda dealers are trying to sell the Amaze as they might be making huge margins on it.
It seems highly unlikely that the City will launch so soon as we have seen no test mules or announcements from Honda regarding the new City.
Old 28th August 2013, 12:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

There may be some truth to what the dealers are saying - this has been reported since late last year:

The big surprise could be the early launch of the next generation City, which is likely to pip the Brio diesel to the Indian market. Honda’s future bread-and-butter saloon could come as early as December 2013 or for a 2014 Auto Expo debut. The next generation City will be powered by Honda’s latest petrol and diesel motors, and this could help it reclaim its crown as the best selling mid-size saloon in the Indian market.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...rs-321936.aspx
Old 1st September 2013, 12:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
So after researching for months, my Dad and me had zeroed in on the Honda City S-AT as it ticked all the necessary parameters we wished for. We are put up in Wilson Garden, Bangalore and Dakshin Motors, Lavelle Road was the closest dealership. Visited their showroom on 17th August, sadly they didn't have an AT for test drive since the Test Drive Car had met with an accident and currently under repair. We wanted a white S-AT but the SA informed he only had a silver S-AT and it would take at least a month after booking to get a white one.

I can confirm that what's been said by Dakshin is true. In fact, I just bought a White AT from them about two weeks back. While booking the car, I was informed that two ATs were in stock, one, the one you have mentioned above (Silver S AT) and the other, a White V AT. I picked up the White one. If you are interested in picking up the S AT, let me know. I will refer you to the right person (@Dakshin Honda). If you are in a hurry, pick the S AT that's in stock (Feb 2013 VIN). Only thing being, it does not have Cruise Control. If you can live with that, its a perfect model.

If you can wait, suggest waiting for the new one. Allow anywhere from 3-12 months for that to become a reality.
Old 24th September 2013, 11:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
I can confirm that what's been said by Dakshin is true. In fact, I just bought a White AT from them about two weeks back. While booking the car, I was informed that two ATs were in stock, one, the one you have mentioned above (Silver S AT) and the other, a White V AT. I picked up the White one. If you are interested in picking up the S AT, let me know. I will refer you to the right person (@Dakshin Honda). If you are in a hurry, pick the S AT that's in stock (Feb 2013 VIN). Only thing being, it does not have Cruise Control. If you can live with that, its a perfect model.

If you can wait, suggest waiting for the new one. Allow anywhere from 3-12 months for that to become a reality.
Are dealers giving any discount on the existing ATs?
Old 24th September 2013, 11:39   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
I am not sure if any dealer will be giving discounts. Honda has stopped production of City AT (link http://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-d...c-discontinued).

I purchased City V AT in August. Most of the dealers in NCR had only few S AT cars in stock as in August.
Old 24th September 2013, 15:55   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt they would be willing to give much discounts, but you can always try. I got my insurance adjusted to ex-showroom price and got 25K discount. I also got art leather seat covers from Honda, which goes for 8K in their showrooms. All in all, it was kind of ok deal for my V AT.

Yesterday I got my first service done and talked to the service manager. He told me that Honda is in stock clearance mode given the "impending" launches. But he says lots of cars are in stock at the plants and with the dealers. Stock clearance may take anything from 3-9 monhts from now. June 2014 is when we can realistically hope to buy the new models. I suggest you to wait, however difficult it is.

Last edited by bsdbsd : 24th September 2013 at 16:06. Reason: typo
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 16:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Yesterday I got my first service done and talked to the service manager. He told me that Honda is in stock clearance mode given the "impending" launches. But he says lots of cars are in stock at the plants and with the dealers. Stock clearance may take anything from 3-9 monhts from now. June 2014 is when we can realistically hope to buy the new models. I suggest you to wait, however difficult it is.
If there are lot of cars in stock, then why some fellow team-BHPans mentioned about not availability of a selected model or color? Do they have few models available in plenty and others (like AT) not in stock?
Old 24th September 2013, 16:33   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
If there are lot of cars in stock, then why some fellow team-BHPans mentioned about not availability of a selected model or color? Do they have few models available in plenty and others (like AT) not in stock?
Not sure about the stock distribution by model. He did not provide me with that data. Take all this Honda salesman/service man talk with a pinch of salt, if not bucketful. I know for sure that White V AT is not in stock. During these times, we will have to pick up what is available Vs our intentions. Thats why I suggested the folks to wait and wait!
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 19:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can definitely get discount if any dealer in your area has AT model in stock. Festive season is around, navratras are coming so expect good discounts from dealers.

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th September 2013 at 19:15.
Old 7th October 2013, 10:08   #60
BHPian

New generation honda city diesel coming to India in 2014.

“Our most preferred car City will be launched in diesel variant it would hit Indian roads in 2014,” Jnaneswar Sen, senior vice president, sales and marketing said in an interview to ET.

“It will be launched in Japan in November and will come to India in 2014.”, he added.
nskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread