Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd December 2013, 22:20   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year

Facelift, if launched, will be after it is displayed at the 2014 Auto Expo at Noida. Expect a June - July launch, if it comes through.

Of more interest to us Bhp'ians, will be if Renault can launch the 4x4 version of the Duster which they already export to UK from their Chennai plant.

Am sure the management at Renault India is keen to differentiate / extend existing product variants of its line-up, from its Japanese cousins, given the fact that the Terrano has got off to a good start and is in-house competition to the Dusty.

I also feel a small, but loyal club of 4x4 fans, will do justice to the sales stakes if the All Wheel Drive Duster is launched.

The Mahindra Thar, is doing pretty well at an average of 650 odd monthly units - so if the 4x4 Dusty is specced, marketed & priced properly, at a premium of 40-60k over the 4x2 version, there is every reason to believe that it can actually crack open the 4x4 niche.
Hope Renault is listening ! (and reading T-Bhp!)
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 23:04   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post

I called up the Renault Showroom today to check if they would be accepting bookings for the new Duster anytime soon. Was shocked to find out that they are expecting a launch later in 2014, maybe around September and with an additional price tag of INR 1 lakh.

Just hope that this was a case of insufficient knowledge and that SA was trying to make a sale in 2013 itself.
This might be a tactic to clear the inventory. But we cannot rule out what SA told you.
Old 5th December 2013, 21:37   #63
R.G
BHPian

2014 Dacia Duster Review ( Italian )

I did not understand a single word he spoke , but the video is of good quality. You get to enjoy a clear view of the interior and exterior.

For those who are using google chrome , the same review in Italian can be translated to English on the fly .

http://www.omniauto.it/magazine/2481...014-test-drive

An interesting excerpt from the translated review .

Quote:
A big step forward was made ​​instead in terms of noise, thanks to the interventions made ​​to better insulate the interior from engine noise, the contact between tires and road and wind noise
Hope we get the Renault version of the facelift by early 2014 on our shores !

Enjoy !

Last edited by R.G : 5th December 2013 at 21:50.
Old 22nd December 2013, 22:59   #64
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The refreshed Duster is due to be launched in the coming months going by one of Renault's senior executive comments on the sidelines of Tokyo motor show. My guess they will offer a 4wd as well as an optional pick over their top end models. Till then keeping fingers crossed :-)
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:39   #65
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Well according to the latest news from auto car india the new duster is not going to make its appearance in Auto expo Delhi. Renault instead is adding a body kit on the same duster to be showcased in feb which indicates that Renault has no plans to launch the refreshed duster in India any time soon if the reportage is correct. Thats really a frustrating news and I was seriously hoping for Renault to be pro active and introduce a new duster with a 4wd option. Guess will have to be stuck between Mahindra and TATA is one wants a 4wd in that budget. I still am keeping fingers crossed and hoping that they do introduce the new duster with a 4wd variant. Keeping eyes silently on the auto expo till then.
Old 25th March 2014, 13:30   #66
BHPian

Visited a local Renault showroom. Was told by the SA that the facelift Duster will be launched only in 2015. Have any of you heard similar from other showrooms?

Would be good to know.
Old 25th March 2014, 13:34   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Visited a local Renault showroom. Was told by the SA that the facelift Duster will be launched only in 2015. Have any of you heard similar from other showrooms?
Dont expect the facelift to happen anytime this year. Also have not heard any press releases from Renault to that effect. Another year would push it into the the mid life of the product cycle. Hence I expect it in about mid to late 2015.
Old 25th March 2014, 14:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post

Would be good to know.
I saw the facelift doing the rounds last evening! Trust me, it is nowhere near as comprehensive as the Dacia Duster's facelift is. It was very disapointing to see only a mildly altered grill and blackened headlamps with the exact current bezel design in the front and absolutely o change at the rear. The interior seemed to have a more chrome laden flashier instrument console with a longer hood around.

Couldn't see the centre console of an SUV, from a low-slung-sedan But the car is launch ready, as it had minimal change and no camauflage.
Will try and upload the pictures I took once I get my hands on a data cable.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 25th March 2014 at 14:10.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 14:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

If they made it look better and improved the interior, I would go for this vehicle over mid size sedans. Maybe lack of competition is preventing Renault!
Old 25th March 2014, 20:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I saw the facelift doing the rounds last evening! Trust me, it is nowhere near as comprehensive as the Dacia Duster's facelift is. It was very disapointing to see only a mildly altered grill and blackened headlamps with the exact current bezel design in the front and absolutely o change at the rear. The interior seemed to have a more chrome laden flashier instrument console with a longer hood around.
Could it be dealer modified Duster? Lot of times we see local dealers modifying vehicles to advertise & sell accessories.

Asking since the 2014 facelift Duster with other exterior changes probably may not have smoky headlamps like you mentioned. The 2014 Dacia Duster headlight cluster has twin-pod treatment with daytime running lights and turn indicators integrated into one single unit, according to one news article.
I know smoky headlamps are a part of the current Adventure series Duster.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

My sister was disappointed with the Duster's interiors. It was the single reason to reject the vehicle which got everything else perfect.
After spending that much, she was expecting something better than the SX4's interiors. She said, even their Tata Xenon has better interior plastic quality. I hope that was not an exaggeration.

Hope Renault does bring better interiors in the facelift.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:52   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My sister was disappointed with the Duster's interiors. It was the single reason to reject the vehicle which got everything else perfect. After spending that much, she was expecting something better than the SX4's interiors. She said, even their Tata Xenon has better interior plastic quality. I hope that was not an exaggeration. Hope Renault does bring better interiors in the facelift.
Don't think she was exaggerating. My wife declined to even take a TD of the car when we went to the showroom last week. Cross posting from my Punto ownership review-

Renault Duster- One look at the price tag, and the interiors (Of the adventure edition that was on display) was reason enough for wifey to decline even a TD for the car. 14L OTR! Man, when did this car get so expensive!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th March 2014 at 13:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread