Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th September 2013, 08:43   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Got delivery of my turquoise blue micra active xe on 21st august. As of today have done 475km with a single full tank and the fuel indicator shows 2bars left and range of 42kms. Avg shown on MID is 14kmpl. Wife has done most of the driving and with full AC within city . I Had challenged her to keep the avg on MID above 14kmpl which she has so far managed.

My other car is a 4.5yr old linea which I have clocked 87000+ km

Micra positives are :
1.the looks
2. fuel economy
3. Good build quality and fittings (active xe costs just 4.07lacs OTR)

Negatives :
1.gear shift never feels smooth
2. Engine noise very prominent
3. 13" wheels

Overall, happy with the small beauty as it does what it was bought for and in a cute little package....

Hearty Congrats FastLove and wish you and your wife to have a great happy driving moments in this car.

How about a ownership thread on that car? I think no other has shared a ownership thread on that car here. So, It would be really very helpful for many folks here.

Also, since it has very lower ground clearance, is that creating any problem at bumpers or it can be manageable?
Wildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 08:57   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post

Hearty Congrats FastLove and wish you and your wife to have a great happy driving moments in this car.

How about a ownership thread on that car? I think no other has shared a ownership thread on that car here. So, It would be really very helpful for many folks here.

Also, since it has very lower ground clearance, is that creating any problem at bumpers or it can be manageable?
Thanks Wildy. I will start an ownership thread as suggested by you. My first month service is due on 21st Septmeber which is a regular check up ,will start from there

Regarding low GC , believe me, I haven't scraped a single speed breaker and I drove on the worst patch of road when I drove out of the warehouse after taking my keys. Not a single sraping of the underbelly. My linea still does minor scraping inspite of upgrading the tyres but micra with lower GC is very manageable on bad roads and bumps. This, ofcourse is due to the difference in wheelbase of both cars.
FastLove is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 08:59   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethyrev View Post
Still I believe Indian customers are smart enough to cancel the booking and go home with a tainted Nissan image. I think its a reason why Maruti is the market leader.

Just till a few months back Maruti was equally quoting waiting periods of more than 6-7 months for Swift and Dzire diesel variants. There are plenty of threads stating the same on the forum. Again this is a practice followed by every car maker who has a potential winner on there hands. IIRC there was even a thread some time back discussing about the possible nexus where car makers intentionally create huge waiting periods just to give there product an image of being most desired.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 11:33   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Regarding low GC , believe me, I haven't scraped a single speed breaker and I drove on the worst patch of road when I drove out of the warehouse after taking my keys. Not a single sraping of the underbelly. My linea still does minor scraping inspite of upgrading the tyres but micra with lower GC is very manageable on bad roads and bumps. This, ofcourse is due to the difference in wheelbase of both cars.
Congrats and request you to please do put up an ownership review for the benefit of numerous prospective owners who search the web. What are the service intervals for the petrol version?

Regarding GC, I have scraped my Micra's underbelly twice on projections where I thought it will go without an issue. These are not exactly bumps, once it was the exit of an incline and next time a hump like projections of soil between the front wheels. But she manages bumps on tarred roads pretty well, better than my old Baleno. That is because, as you have mentioned, due to the shorter wheelbase of the Micra. On the Chevy Beat, I had issues at every other start-of-inclines due to the protruding nose. So I will term the Micra's GC as average and manageable, but nothing great.

Last edited by thoma : 12th September 2013 at 11:34.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 12:02   #80
BHPian

Thank you thoma. Service intervals are 10000km or 1year whichever is earlier.
FastLove is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 12:17   #81

I don't understand what Nissan is trying to do in India! First they come with yesteryear products with pricing acceptable to none. Then they say its important to cater to mass market and start playing with prices, not to forget their strategy of sharing platforms with Renault, with minor facelifts! They recreate Datsun for the mass market and now why this? If I remember Carlos Ghosn right, he opined that Datsun will be the middle class brand! Frustrated to see Nissan dying a slow death...
akileshsri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 13:58   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akileshsri View Post
I don't understand what Nissan is trying to do in India! First they come with yesteryear products with pricing acceptable to none. Then they say its important to cater to mass market and start playing with prices, not to forget their strategy of sharing platforms with Renault, with minor facelifts! They recreate Datsun for the mass market and now why this? If I remember Carlos Ghosn right, he opined that Datsun will be the middle class brand! Frustrated to see Nissan dying a slow death...
There is a lot of excitement in the 3.5 lakh range right now, so I think the Active variants are just to ensure that Nissan has a presence now in the entry level car segment till the Datsun Go arrives. I would expect Nissan to remove the Active range post then, maybe introduce an all new Micra, and maintain its position as the premium brand.
achyutaghosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 13:03   #83
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India has compared the Nissan Micra Active, Ford Figo and Maruti Suzuki Wagon R:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...-359634.aspx/0

Though the Micra Active's petrol engine is rated at 68PS compared to the regular Micra's at 76PS (torque remains the same), ACI are full of praise for the way in which Nissan R&D have tuned the engine and calibrated the ECU. They have shifted the powerband lower down the rev-range to increase fuel efficiency, and this has resulted in a significant improvement in drivability!

The acceleration figures are telling. While flat-out acceleration to 100 kmph has reduced by slightly more than a second due to the reduced PS figure, the in-gear acceleration times have seen a definite boost. Both the 3rd gear (20-80 kmph) and 4th gear (40-100 kmph) roll-on times have been shaved off by slightly more than a second on the Micra Active. ACI says the low rpm torque, throttle responses and tractability have improved significantly.

For a primarily city car, this is exactly what the doctor ordered. It's good that Nissan gives ABS+EBD+BA and 2 airbags on the XV(S) trim level.The Nissan Micra Active is now a solid contender and a good alternative to those looking at a wide range of petrol cars - the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, A-Star, Alto k10, Estilo & Ritz, Hyundai i10 iRDE2, Santro and Grand i10, Tata Vista Safire (Indica Xeta is now discontinued), Toyota Etios Liva, Ford Figo, Honda Brio, Chevrolet Beat, Spark & Sail U-VA and even Nissan's own Micra facelift and its twin, the Renault Pulse.

The Micra's sales numbers should improve significantly now, with the improved Micra Active which has been positioned superbly. If only Nissan's sales network and after-sales experience were good enough, the Micra would have been in the top ten largest-selling cars for sure, as the Micra Active, facelifted Micra diesel and Micra CVT seem to be very good cars indeed.

Last edited by RSR : 8th October 2013 at 13:08.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 15:26   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Autocar India has compared the Nissan Micra Active, Ford Figo and Maruti Suzuki Wagon R:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...-359634.aspx/0

Though the Micra Active's petrol engine is rated at 68PS compared to the regular Micra's at 76PS (torque remains the same), ACI are full of praise for the way in which Nissan R&D have tuned the engine and calibrated the ECU. They have shifted the powerband lower down the rev-range to increase fuel efficiency, and this has resulted in a significant improvement in drivability!

The acceleration figures are telling. While flat-out acceleration to 100 kmph has reduced by slightly more than a second due to the reduced PS figure, the in-gear acceleration times have seen a definite boost. Both the 3rd gear (20-80 kmph) and 4th gear (40-100 kmph) roll-on times have been shaved off by slightly more than a second on the Micra Active. ACI says the low rpm torque, throttle responses and tractability have improved significantly.

For a primarily city car, this is exactly what the doctor ordered. It's good that Nissan gives ABS+EBD+BA and 2 airbags on the XV(S) trim level.The Nissan Micra Active is now a solid contender and a good alternative to those looking at a wide range of petrol cars - the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, A-Star, Alto k10, Estilo & Ritz, Hyundai i10 iRDE2, Santro and Grand i10, Tata Vista Safire (Indica Xeta is now discontinued), Toyota Etios Liva, Ford Figo, Honda Brio, Chevrolet Beat, Spark & Sail U-VA and even Nissan's own Micra facelift and its twin, the Renault Pulse.

The Micra's sales numbers should improve significantly now, with the improved Micra Active which has been positioned superbly. If only Nissan's sales network and after-sales experience were good enough, the Micra would have been in the top ten largest-selling cars for sure, as the Micra Active, facelifted Micra diesel and Micra CVT seem to be very good cars indeed.
I booked my Nissan Micra Active XV Safety Turquoise Blue on July 18th and received it on September 19th. It was ready for pickup on September 17th but I was not in town to pick it up on 17th. They initially told me that it would be available for delivery on August 16th or 17th but after several calls to a lot of different numbers, I cancelled my booking on August 31st out of sheer frustration as they had no clue about delivery. But after a week the guys called back and requested me to rethink as the car was in transit from Chennai to Delhi and provided me with Engine number and Chassis number as well. It was a very frustrating experience in the beginning as I did not receive a single call from the dealership after July 18th with any sort of updates on delivery. I was on my way to book the i10 Grand when I got the call from Nissan dealership and it is good that I did not go for the Grand as I came to know later that even the top variant Asta did not have ABS as standard and was optional which costed another 30 or 40K which brought on road price to around 6.4L which was over my budget. After cancelling, I Test drove, Sail U-VA, Ford Figo, Etios Liva, i10 Grand etc. but eventually things worked out well as Nissan was able to deliver which was my first choice. From the time the dealership got confirmation that the car is in transit from Chennai, their responses and attitude changed completely and they are emailing / SMSing and calling with updates and even called me yesterday to remind me about the 1000Km inspection. Nissan Micra Active On Road with Parking Sensors (Rs. 5000) and Zero Dep Insurance was Rs. 530418.

When I went for the test drive, they did not have the ACTIVE and only had the New Micra but I still booked the ACTIVE as it was real VFM. By driving for the past 20 days, I'm very happy or as Autocar has put it, I should say this is fantastic and perfect City car with decent power, decent mileage (around 10.7 now but this will improve as it has been increasing every two three days by 0.2 or 0.3) with a turning radius of 4.65 meters which is very good and I can see the significant difference when driving in parts of Lajpat Nagar and tiny roads around Delhi.

The review by Autocar India is spot on and the only place where I would differ since I've had this car for past 20 days is the rear seating space. If there are like three 6 FT, well built people sitting behind, this might an issue where they would find it cramped but for average built people, the rear space is definitely enough for three to sit comfortably.

The After sales with Nissan might be nowhere compared to Maruti but for the 5.2 L price on road with ABS+EBD+Two Air Bags and decent music system with two front and rear speakers, USB, Aux option, 250 litre boot space, I am more than happy with the purchase of Nissan Micra Active XV Safety. I have to try folding the rear seat and see if my cycle fits in the car easily as it would be great if I can take my cycle in the car. Pretty sure it would fit if I remove the front wheel of the cycle.

I still think there are lot of delivery issues as I see several posts in Nissan India's facebook page where people have gone mad without getting any updates from the dealership after booking and there were some posts about the base ACTIVE XE model being phased out and dealership requested to upgrade to XL which was Rs.60,000 higher. I was one of them as well about 6 weeks back but should say I have been lucky to get the car delivered in two months. When I was trying to get some sort of updates middle of August, I got in touch with one of my dad's friend who was working at RNTBCI, he said Nissan has been faring poorly in India as they outsourced their marketing to Hover Automotive India who have done a poor job since they took over.

I have not seen any other Micra Active's in Delhi until now and starting to wonder if I'm the only person to get delivery of this great VFM car in Delhi until now.

Planning to put seat cover this weekend.
mavin is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 13:16   #85
BHPian

Hi

I was looking to change my wife's car (Ritz ZXi) to something equivalent or better. We thought of several options in the 5 lakh price range, but none were fitted with ABS & Airbags, something her Ritz already has. After much deliberation, we finalized the Honda Brio (@Rs.5.25 lakhs) which had most of the features except ABS & Airbags.

My wife always had a thing for the Micra, especially in the Orange colour. We had test driven the car earlier, but the discontinuing of the Orange colour and the high price deterred us from considering it. We went to the showroom yesterday and were pleasantly surprised that the XV Safety was available (after a lot of negotiation) at a price of Rs.4.60 lakhs OTR Delhi!

The Micra was always a very comfortable car to drive in the city and is very poised and confident at high speeds, as we found out on the test drive. The reduction in power seemed like a problem, but reading the reviews it was evident that in city driving, they had tuned it even better. The ARAI figure of 19.4 km/L was the icing on the cake.

I would have wanted a few more things like a rear defogger, wiper & washer, driver seat height adjuster, Bluetooth music system with steering mounted audio controls in the car, but some of them are not as important and some can be accommodated for. The defogger & wiper usually are not required, as my wife hardly uses it in her current car and the height adjuster wasn't missed, as the driving position is spot on, even for shorter drivers. Bluetooth compatible 2 Din Pioneer unit is available for around Rs.7500 and this one should go for around Rs.4000-5000, leaving only the steering mounted controls. I wish i could exchange the steering of the Active with the New Micra at a nominal cost .

All in all, the deal seems to good to be true, especially because it ticks all the right boxes for us. We would be going to the dealer today to test drive the Micra Active and judge the drive feel for ourselves and most probably book the Turquoise Blue colour.
vipinjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 13:27   #86
BHPian

Micra is a very nice car and fun to drive within the city. But I would advise you to be very-very sure of the make of the car that you are buying. The car should be 2014 make and these discounts should be on that particular car. Check the VIN number, you can read about this in the advise forum.

The discounts are good,but again be sure to get the deal in black and white. Nissan is not a company that would respond if you end up in some kind of a dispute with your dealer.
mints21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 18:39   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Micra is a very nice car and fun to drive within the city. But I would advise you to be very-very sure of the make of the car that you are buying. The car should be 2014 make and these discounts should be on that particular car. Check the VIN number, you can read about this in the advise forum.

The discounts are good,but again be sure to get the deal in black and white. Nissan is not a company that would respond if you end up in some kind of a dispute with your dealer.
The car is a 2013 make only and that is the reason that this variant, which is otherwise priced at Rs.5.50 lakh OTR Delhi, is available for almost Rs.1 Lakh discount! It will be a 2013 make 2014 registered car and the deal, more than makes up for an year old manufacturing. I will still make sure that it is a late 2013 (preferably November or December) manufactured car by checking the VIN number in advance.
vipinjoshi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 18:28   #88

I bought this Micra active xv last November 2013.
Its a fun car low on equipments with just the essentials such as power steering, power window, powerful ac, tillable steering and internally adjustable mirror.
There are very few complicated electronics and fancy gadgets to waste money on, such as electric mirrors( which i adjust once in a year and i never fold my mirrors because i want other vehicles to keep that distance at least.), Automatic Air con(saved some cash on it), seat adjustment etc...

The gem of the car is the engine 3cyl 1200cc is said to be de-tuned, but i feel its much punchier that old micra (may be because of weight, but i dought if 100kg will make that kind of difference). Its lower end torque is comparable to diesel motors. The highway efficiency is great and we can easily manage figures like 19 kmpl with air con on. But on city with Air con on my average is 12kmpl. Real time economy meter helps a lot in fuel efficiency. On highway a relaxed drive at 60 Kmph will return figures above 22kmpl.

The drive is very smooth and refined. The suspension is slightly on hard side and give good handling. Its iron out all the unevenness at higher speed, but on lower speed it is slightly bumby drive. But overall its a good package.

The interior space is best in ts class with lot of leg space in front and back, its wide and there is a lot of space above the head make us feel its roomier. Seating position is neither too high nor too low, its a perfect position. Also the boot is not so small.

All round its a value for money car, in terms of space, power, comfort and styling.
The cons i noted are: Its city efficiency is just average, Tyre is 13 inch, Front bumber is not properly fixed (it can be shaken by hand), Tyre noise, etc...

driven about 2700km till today, i hope to put a detailed review at 5000km.
ckdeeepak is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 13:02   #89
Team-BHP Support

Nissan could soon offer the Micra Active with a diesel engine. The car has been spotted testing in Chennai.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 13:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Now Nissan Micra Active Diesel has been spied by guys at Anything on Wheels. Here are pics:

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-nissanmicraactivedieselreardetailspyshot1024x767.jpg

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-nissanmicraactivedieselrearspyshot.jpg

Link to the article:

http://anything-on-wheels.blogspot.i...l-spotted.html
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote