Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd July 2013, 22:04   #1
BHPian

Default Toyota Launches Chrome Edition Innova

Mod Note : The 2013 Innova's Official Review is located at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks!

To celebrate Four Lakh Customers, Toyota has launched Chrome Edition Innova.
Bling Bling. Breathtaking features include, Chrome on Wheel Arch Moulding, Door Handle, Rear Door, Bumper corner, Outer Mirror Cover, Front Grill

Why cannot manufacturers come out something better other than chrome, stickers and some weird names.

Source: Times of India, Bangalore Edition, Page 20

Toyota Launches Chrome Edition Innova-toyota.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2013 at 15:52. Reason: Link to official review
Sarvodaya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:23   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Toyoa Launches Chrome Edition Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Toyota has launched Chrome Edition Innova.
Bling Bling. Breathtaking features include, Chrome on Wheel Arch Moulding, Door Handle, Rear Door, Bumper corner, Outer Mirror Cover, Front Grill

Why cannot manufacturers come out something better other than chrome, stickers and some weird names.
hahahahahahahaha
This is the funniest limited edition i have ever seen. Period.
How can a auto manufacturer be so foolish that he launches a SPECIAL EDITION that just has chrome stuck on here and there!
This should just not be acceptable
amansanc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

4 lakh customers, so special edition. eh?

Innova sales number is sliding. Hence the special bling-bling edition to garner some attention.
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:35   #4
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Chrome Edition,absolutely hilarious! They should have atleast given it a chrome wrap!

But atleast this is better than the previous 'Special Edition' of the Innova which didn't even come with wheel caps!
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:36   #5
BHPian

Overpriced, but still sells kike anything. Reliability matters. Atleast Fortuner got some features to back up its price.
Its high time, Innova should get a proper update, a turbo charged unit, and a 6 speed AT would be good. And some noise insulation instead of these bling blings. Hehe
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:38   #6
BHPian

I think the entire effort of manufacturers introducing special editions in india are self defeating as it signifies that the unaltered version is not good anymore. So they have to resort to cheap techniques like chrome stripes or decals which doesn't add any value or utility to the original product. Toyota has surpassed even Maruti here
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is ridiculous! Is it that there is a huge market out there for all the Chrome bling which we are missing here on the forum or Toyota is missing from it's market intelligence?

I definitely feel that auto manufacturers treat us pretty bad when it comes to the 'actual' features versus the 'feel good' eye candy!

I expected something better from a Toyota!
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I was half expecting the roof to be chrome when I saw the name. And will this Innova come with a pair of anti-glare sunglasses?

The Swift and Innova getting limited edition variants is the sign of a slowing market. Not good!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:21   #9
BHPian

W hat next Toyota?? Chrome potential customers too???

Wow!! That would be just stunning!! Imagine chromed eyes, nose, lips! Just thrilled! Common Toyota do it!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:39   #10
BHPian

Which blundering idiot came up with the idea of a bling-bling Toyota? Hell, its not even proper bling.
Talk about extremes in our market. We have cars like the 'chrome' Innova launched within a week of the likes of the EcoSport and Duke 390. Says a lot about the Indian market, huh?
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:51   #11
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Launches Chrome Edition Innova

They should have also given a set of chrome tooth braces free to the buyers to make it a "complete" package
anish5225 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 00:51   #12
BHPian

Welcome to the Special 'Chrome' Edition lounge of Indian car manufacturers, Toyota, even though you are a late and unexpected entrant, we at Team-BHP do hope that you enjoy your stay here and try to outdo this 'silly' competition. I myself would have loved if you could have launched it in the 'new chrome colour' , all the best for your sales, and I'm waiting for a gold plated edition on your completion of a half a million sales of Innova

Disclaimer - No offence, I love toyota for its reliable and excellent cars.
Old 4th July 2013, 10:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

I tried desperately not to look into this thread just from the thread title.

I don't understand the mentality of Toyota behind going for this atrocity. Sure Indians love chrome but give them more than what's required and they'll choke on it. Let alone blind anyone who mistakenly glances at it.

This edition should get into the history books of Toyota as one of the worst limited editions ever! Epic Fail.
Old 4th July 2013, 10:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Good lord! Suddenly Swift RS with blackened wheel covers looks and sounds a hell lot more palatable.
extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 10:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ouch!!! thats a lot of chrome , overkill and senseless edition and frankly it does not look that nice either , especially the half crescent shaped chrome strip on the wheel arch
Closed Thread