Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th May 2014, 11:20   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Opinions about Maruti's Driving School :

I would highly recommend Maruti Driving School especially for the ladies since

1. Their course is highly structured and well laid out.

2. They have demo , theory classes and Simulators. ( While most guys who know driving might think Simulators are more of a gimmick, it is a very useful tool for the ladies who have no clue about driving at all.)

3. Choice of female instructors for Ladies if needed.

4. Well maintained fleet of cars at all times

5. Can select time of study by our convenience.

6. Most importantly the student gets to spend about 45mins to 1 hour continuously behind the wheel which according to me is the most important factor to learn driving.

Traditional driving schools pick you up at home, cram 4 students into a Maruti 800 and teach you all the stuff but driving time and personalized individual attention to each student is limited.

The rates are a bit high for MDS and you have to go there, but based on the experience of my sister and wife who learned driving at MDS, I feel its totally worth it.
microaubin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 12:49   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

They are better than many schools, but not perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
3. Choice of female instructors for Ladies if needed.

5. Can select time of study by our convenience.

6. Most importantly the student gets to spend about 45mins to 1 hour continuously behind the wheel
3. Female instructors not available, though advertised.
But on the other hand, the car has only the trainee & trainer. No one else is in the car.

5. Class timings - this is the case with almost all schools. And like in any school, mornings are most in demand.

6. MDS says 1 hour session, but they have been wasting 10 minutes in each practical class. That is 16% less practice time.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 13:21   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
They are better than many schools, but not perfect
3. Female instructors not available, though advertised.
But on the other hand, the car has only the trainee & trainer. No one else is in the car.

5. Class timings - this is the case with almost all schools. And like in any school, mornings are most in demand.

6. MDS says 1 hour session, but they have been wasting 10 minutes in each practical class. That is 16% less practice time.
Reading through various posts its clear that the level of services and satisfaction differ from city to city. Maybe its because some schools are not well staffed or due to attrition.

When my wife went , we chose the afternoon 3.30 pm slot so I could just drop her there after lunch. There were female instructors available though we just went with a guy who was allotted to us.

In some cases due to traffic conditions, she claims she drove for more time on some days than what was allotted.

Even I learned so many new things after going through their books. Anyway our experience was rather good and my wife drives really well.

Also would like to add with reference to ladies....Nobody will learn driving just by going to MDS. Application of techniques learnt at MDS on a regular basis on a car on our roads for at least a few months plus loads of patience and encouragement from better half is really required
microaubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 18:14   #79
BHPian

Maruti driving training school achieves a stupendous feat of training two million people since it started in 2000. Maruti Suzuki expects to train another 5 lakh people in safe driving in 2014-15.
Details here: http://www.business-standard.com/art...2400569_1.html
mahesh_sn is offline   Reply With Quote