Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th August 2013, 12:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP: Hyundai EON Facelift spied!!!

IMO eon doesn't need a 'facelift', it needs a 'heart transplant' ! maybe the 1.0L Kappa engine plonked in would do justice. In the rare occasions I have traveled with full family (mom, dad, wife, myself) in my dad's eon, it feels woefully under-powered. Current 800cc eon is best for 2 people at most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I agree completely!

This is one of the reasons why the Tata Nano, despite being a fabulous example of simple, frugal engineering, and despite being priced lower than both the Alto and the Eon, is not doing well (of course, there are other reasons too).

The worst part is that they are not listening to their loyal category (i) buyers' requests to give them a Nano VX/ZX or provide more features on the LX.
+1 to that.

I really like the looks of nano, and a nano with PS+discs+(maybe) bigger engine would convince me to buy one as a standby car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Design is very subjective thing, if you ask me i would rather be in a nano than a eon. Eon to me looks absolutely confused styling. It looks like crumpled metal. I would prefer a Nano or Alto(maybe not alto because of safety issues recently posted on tbhp) anyday over eon.
IMO eon is a better looker my miles from the Alto (old) / Alto 800 from outside. Inside - there is actually no comparison. Dad owns a eon and his cousin (my uncle) owns a Alto 800 - so I get ample opportunity to compare and contrast. Again - as you said - looks are subjective.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 23:55   #17
BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP: Hyundai EON Facelift spied!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Design is very subjective thing, if you ask me i would rather be in a nano than a eon. Eon to me looks absolutely confused styling. It looks like crumpled metal. I would prefer a Nano or Alto(maybe not alto because of safety issues recently posted on tbhp) anyday over eon.
Absolutely it is a fact that looks or design are subjective. But to prefer nano over eon, I don't have any words to explain what I was thinking
In my humble opinion instead of having impressions and assumptions, shouldn't we conclude by at least travelling in that car to even think that the car has a crumpled or confused design, is not good for long drive, is not worth to try high speeds and all that. May be you might have posted about the exterior looks (even then a nano over an eon??), but still When I type this post now, We just now finished driving the eon from palani to Perungalathur (with in TN). Roughly 450+ kms , that was dismissed in less than 7 hours, with a 40 mins break in between. We were 5 adults in the Eon and with the boot loaded. In these 5 adults at the rear seat we had our 80+ aged grandmother, my friend who is 5'11 ,myself and my brother (I am 5'11 and my brother is 5'6)The car was able to cruise all these in 120+ speed with AC at point 2. I don't think Nano might be able to do the same. The only area of improvement we thought was at the lower RPMs the pickup was missing and if the car can be more stable at more than the above said speeds then I can really compare Eon to the likes of beat(I own one) rather than Nanos or altos. I suspect a nano or an alto can do this. I mean no offence to any of the mentioned car owners, but this is what I could observe. On the whole in 2 days the car has done 1000+ kms with triple digit top speeds and AC on. The mileage still approx more than 16Kmpl.
Anyways, these are just the practical observations I had with Eon. Probably the first time we hate, we might completely ignore a product. But I wish you give it a try before comparing with other products and concluding, so that we don't end as losers for the money we spend.
Balaji31582 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote