Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 10:59   #1441
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 522
Thanked: 462 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
What? Team BHP did not get invited to do a TD of the Ciaz? Is there any particular reason that Maruti and TBHP had a fallout?
Even the never heard of car reviewers seem to have got the car in hand for a TD and their first impression is out long long time back.
If you look at the recent reviews of Maruti cars in the Official reviews section, none of them come with the customary disclaimer:

Quote:
Disclaimer : XXXX invited Team-BHP for the YYYY test-drive. They covered all the expenses for this driving event.
It's possible that Team BHP got the test cars from elsewhere, probably one of the dealers, and not from Maruti. If that is the case, we won't see a review until the Ciaz is available in showrooms.

Last edited by blacksport : 30th September 2014 at 11:14.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 11:19   #1442
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,674
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Got a copy of ACI yesterday.

1) They mention Ciaz Diesel 0-100 timing as 12.99 sec., which is any given day faster than City diesel. However, there was a note that the test was not as per ACI standards and just a preliminary test. I do believe that in 0-100 timing, Ciaz diesel will be faster than City diesel. Also, the in-gear timings were not significantly different between City and Ciaz. Petrol Ciaz 0-100 = 12.9 sec.

2) Diesel is where Maruti has managed well, but for K14, ACI mentions that Maruti has increased compression, the engine runs cooler, etc. which aids in FE. Its clear that Maruti did not want to have a cracker of an engine and power delivery in petrol was mentioned as flat. All this indicates FE oriented tuning. ACI mentioned performance to be adequate, which suits the car's nature and tuning overall.

3) The interior was mentioned as more or less equal to city, and at one place or so, better.

4) Space more in Ciaz, Ciaz ride better than City and City handling better than Ciaz.

I would have loved to see 1.6 with 115 bhp or so in Ciaz. If priced correctly, it could get some fan following. If, 11L OTR ZDI+ is to be believed, the 1.4 base is could be very VFM package for an individual upgrading from Swift.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th September 2014 at 11:25.
aaggoswami is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:09   #1443
BHPian
 
AkMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 888
Thanked: 1,285 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
If you look at the recent reviews of Maruti cars in the Official reviews section, none of them come with the customary disclaimer.
Yes, as far as I remember, the Celerio & new Swift reviews were done on cars owned by individuals (supporters/friends/members of Team BHP), thus they came much later than actual launch of vehicle.
AkMar is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 12:29   #1444
BHPian
 
HuseinZS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 35
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

I got a call from Maruti PR last Sunday inquiring about my interest in the Ciaz. On expressing my interest they confirmed to arrange a TD (but no concrete timeline provided) for the AMT version as soon as possible. AMT being the one I'm more interested in.

On further inquiry I was given a tentative mid Oct launch with the pricing between INR 7L to 12L (entire range petrol & diesel inclusive).

Cheers
HZS
HuseinZS is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 12:36   #1445
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,718
Thanked: 88,950 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Guys,

Just an update: We were indeed invited by Maruti for the Ciaz test-drive. Aditya's first impressions report will be up next week.

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2014 at 12:37.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:50   #1446
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,942
Thanked: 16,608 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) They mention Ciaz Diesel 0-100 timing as 12.99 sec., which is any given day faster than City diesel. However, there was a note that the test was not as per ACI standards and just a preliminary test. I do believe that in 0-100 timing, Ciaz diesel will be faster than City diesel. Also, the in-gear timings were not significantly different between City and Ciaz. Petrol Ciaz 0-100 = 12.9 sec.

2) Diesel is where Maruti has managed well
IIRC, the Autocar India timings for the Honda City diesel is somewhere around 14.7x.

If thats a case, then the Ciaz diesel is significantly faster than the City diesel. Wonder if its due to the higher torque / weight ratio since the City still has a slight edge on the power/weight figures.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 12:55   #1447
BHPian
 
kadanaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 348
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
IIRC, the Autocar India timings for the Honda City diesel is somewhere around 14.7x.

If thats a case, then the Ciaz diesel is significantly faster than the City diesel. Wonder if its due to the higher torque / weight ratio since the City still has a slight edge on the power/weight figures.
The Honda City diesel is that much slower? :o

How can a 1.5 litre 100 bhp engine with a 6 speed gearbox be so much slower than the Ciaz's 1.3 litre 90 bhp? Is there a significant weight difference, or is there something very wrong with the Honda City?
kadanaJ is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 13:03   #1448
BHPian
 
cpbopanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 561
Thanked: 784 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuseinZS View Post
I got a call from Maruti PR last Sunday inquiring about my interest in the Ciaz. On expressing my interest they confirmed to arrange a TD (but no concrete timeline provided) for the AMT version as soon as possible. AMT being the one I'm more interested in.

On further inquiry I was given a tentative mid Oct launch with the pricing between INR 7L to 12L (entire range petrol & diesel inclusive).

Cheers
HZS
AMT? In Ciaz? Are you sure?
I was under the impression that the Automatic would be a 4-speed slush-box!!

BTW, a bit of information from a birdie (not a cuckoo )!
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the delayed production (and supply) of THAT critical component and thereby delay in car manufacture!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 30th September 2014 at 13:10.
cpbopanna is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 13:06   #1449
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,942
Thanked: 16,608 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
The Honda City diesel is that much slower? :o

How can a 1.5 litre 100 bhp engine with a 6 speed gearbox be so much slower than the Ciaz's 1.3 litre 90 bhp? Is there a significant weight difference, or is there something very wrong with the Honda City?
We can't be sure till some official figures, or atleast our team-bhp review is out. Autocar still has a disclaimer that figures are not official. Looks like they didnt do VBOX testing.

City diesel is 60 kgs heavier than the Ciaz diesel, which puts them quite close in the figures department even though Ciaz has a .2L disadvantage.

Torque/weight - 172 Nm/ton (City), 181 Nm/ton (Ciaz).
Power/weight - 85ps/ton (City), 81.44 ps/ton (Ciaz)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 13:06   #1450
BHPian
 
HuseinZS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 35
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
AMT? In Ciaz? Are you sure?
I was under the impression that the Automatic would be a 4-speed slush-box!!

BTW, a bit of information from a birdie (not a cuckoo )!
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the production (and supply) of THAT component and thereby cars getting delayed!
Sorry my bad, I meant the Auto.

HZS
HuseinZS is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 13:24   #1451
BHPian
 
lalittalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 239
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
The Honda City diesel is that much slower? :o

How can a 1.5 litre 100 bhp engine with a 6 speed gearbox be so much slower than the Ciaz's 1.3 litre 90 bhp? Is there a significant weight difference, or is there something very wrong with the Honda City?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
We can't be sure till some official figures, or atleast our team-bhp review is out. Autocar still has a disclaimer that figures are not official. Looks like they didnt do VBOX testing.

City diesel is 60 kgs heavier than the Ciaz diesel, which puts them quite close in the figures department even though Ciaz has a .2L disadvantage.

Torque/weight - 172 Nm/ton (City), 181 Nm/ton (Ciaz).
Power/weight - 85ps/ton (City), 81.44 ps/ton (Ciaz)
The 0-100 times will depend on a lot of other things like gear ratios, torque curve and power curve and the relation between the two. just the peak power and torque figures do not show the complete picture
lalittalwar is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 13:53   #1452
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,942
Thanked: 16,608 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
The 0-100 times will depend on a lot of other things like gear ratios, torque curve and power curve and the relation between the two. just the peak power and torque figures do not show the complete picture
True. I drive a car which makes it all the more evident that gear ratios play a very important role. The Swift 75 can beat the Punto 90 in 0-100 timings thanks to the weight and ratios.

But, Honda has an advantage of a 6 speed playing allowing them more flexibility to get their ratios better. If Maruti has indeed pulled of a 2 second advantage, its an acheivement alright!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 14:07   #1453
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
IIRC, the Autocar India timings for the Honda City diesel is somewhere around 14.7x.
I think its 14.07
Gear ratios are pretty good on Honda which contributes to easy drivability in city and almost no turbo lag.
SumitBahl is offline  
Old 30th September 2014, 14:20   #1454
Senior - BHPian
 
NetfreakBombay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,385
Thanked: 336 Times
Default re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the delayed production (and supply) of THAT critical component and thereby delay in car manufacture!
Hi, what does IR stand for ?
NetfreakBombay is online now  
Old 30th September 2014, 14:25   #1455
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post

Hi, what does IR stand for ?
Could be Infra Red. I guess it could be related to the IRVM or the top-end variant HU functioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the delayed production (and supply) of THAT critical component and thereby delay in car manufacture!
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th September 2014 at 14:30.
a4anurag is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! Kia Picanto spotted testing arvi86 The Indian Car Scene 84 12th February 2016 14:59
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6 JRAJE The Indian Car Scene 126 4th March 2015 15:22
SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20 Mpower The Indian Car Scene 407 1st February 2013 14:33
DC Design to launch India’s first supercar *Update* Scoop pics on Page 2! Y@SH Super-Cars & Imports in India 78 6th January 2012 17:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks