Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th March 2017, 19:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
HI there,
Were you not informed when you gave your car of the replacement plan of the parts like timing belts (and it's associated parts), DSG oils etc.

What works had you requested to the service adviser?

Going through the items billed, i do not see any particular loot/snake oil stuff.

By the way, changing timing belt etc & DSG oil at 1Lac KMs is not un-natural.
I left the car only for normal Oil change service. They did not inform me about the DSG Oil nor timing belt change. They asked me about the Mirror replacement to which I denied, but that too they replaced and billed me.

I complained to customer service but did not get any proper reply from them and came to Team-bhp only as a last resort since I did not want their already bad reputation here to get worse.

If these are all normal things that need replacement it's alright. Their attitude though is bad, but obviously since I'm a Skoda customer already will have to live with it I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I am surprised they didn't tell you upfront what service will be done and approximate estimate of the bill.

The items look normal to me. It has some items like mirror, bulb, trim, mud flap etc to indicate non consumable parts which would have contributed to the higher than usual bill.

By Skoda standards it looks like you got away cheap They should have thrown in some air conditioning part to bump up the bill into 6 figures.
No they did not inform me upfront and though this figure is not large as how the Big 3 charge customers, it was still an initial shock as I was expecting to pay just 15 grand.

Anyways any idea why there is a difference with the website's service cost calculator ?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2017 at 09:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged
stanjohn123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 20:03   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Superb 1 Lakh Km Service cost - Normal or Scammed again ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I left the car only for normal Oil change service. They did not inform me about the DSG Oil nor timing belt change. They asked me about the Mirror replacement to which I denied, but that too they replaced and billed me.
While giving the car for service, generally they hand over a counter foil, where they mention approximate cost.
If the costs differ significantly, then the Service adviser should ring you and take permission to go ahead. That is how it is for all the service centers i have dealt with (VW, Hyundai etc)

It is a gross violation if they did not do this. Did you confront them on the spot?
What did they say?

Finally, Did you physically verify on the spot, whether they have actually changed everything with new ones?
abhishek46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 20:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
While giving the car for service, generally they hand over a counter foil, where they mention approximate cost.
If the costs differ significantly, then the Service adviser should ring you and take permission to go ahead. That is how it is for all the service centers i have dealt with (VW, Hyundai etc)

It is a gross violation if they did not do this. Did you confront them on the spot?
What did they say?

Finally, Did you physically verify on the spot, whether they have actually changed everything with new ones?
My service center is usually far off so my driver drops and takes delivery of the car.

I did not get any such thing nor was any call made. When I spoke on the phone, they were a bit rude and asked me to pay soon and take the car out.

They returned the car with the replacement parts.

Anyways as most have mentioned here that all these items need replacement, it's alright. Skoda's service center attitude is not a surprise so I'm not going to bother trying to change them. Sales of their competent car's are testament to their poor attitude.
stanjohn123 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 20:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
No they did not inform me upfront and though this figure is not large as how the Big 3 charge customers, it was still an initial shock as I was expecting to pay just 15 grand.

Anyways any idea why there is a difference with the website's service cost calculator ?
You should definitely let them know your displeasure about not informing you upfront.

The item wise costs seem to match with the Skoda estimates. The total is more because the service includes lot more things needing replacement upon inspection, such deviation is normal as the mileage piles up. I feel the bill amount is OK for the work that was carried out. But it is a big deal that they have not taken your consent and given an estimate up front.
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 21:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
You should definitely let them know your displeasure about not informing you upfront.

The item wise costs seem to match with the Skoda estimates. The total is more because the service includes lot more things needing replacement upon inspection, such deviation is normal as the mileage piles up. I feel the bill amount is OK for the work that was carried out. But it is a big deal that they have not taken your consent and given an estimate up front.
Yes I had informed customer care that I was not happy with their attitude and behaviour of not informing me.

Anyways Mod's can you please change the Title of the thread, as I was not scammed.
stanjohn123 is online now   Reply With Quote