Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th August 2013, 00:27   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai

Eagerly waiting for the price... Only thing i am concerned about is the ASS.. i am unsure of whether to buy or not since i don't want to get frustrated when my car needs attention and was neglected or cheated in the name of it...
Old 14th August 2013, 09:33   #92
BHPian

Sales agent in Hyd told me base version of diesel OTR in Hyd is 18.33 lakhs. They have got price list and are taking bookings.
SanjeevReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 10:40   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
Sales agent in Hyd told me base version of diesel OTR in Hyd is 18.33 lakhs. They have got price list and are taking bookings.
Wow, that is steep. Could you manage to get a detailed break-up of the price as well as what features the base version has?
Old 14th August 2013, 10:43   #94
BHPian

The BOLERO screens on such huge car looks really bad. I hope at least the higher ends get a touch screen like the top end versions of the jetta.

Somebody should write a comparison between OCTAVIA and JETTA.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:58   #95
BHPian

Quote:
how reliable is this information?. Will Skoda share the price with dealers without announcing it. I doubt it. Sharing it with dealers means in a day or 2 everyone will know it.

On a different note, there is another thread mentioning that skoda is going to extend standard warranty of 5 years on all its cars. This is yet to be confirmed. will be good if anyone can throw some light on it
Old 14th August 2013, 12:34   #96
Senior - BHPian

The build quality of SKODAs never fail to amuse me. Here's one video that I found recently on YouTube. Hope the same build quality continues with the Octavia 2013 too!

Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 12:45   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The build quality of SKODAs never fail to amuse me. Here's one video that I found recently on YouTube. Hope the same build quality continues with the Octavia 2013 too!
This is brutal. i couldn't watch it. Good to see the superb giving them a hard time

Last edited by bblost : 14th August 2013 at 13:56. Reason: removed embedded video
Old 14th August 2013, 13:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

The new Octavia looks really nice, well built, and discretely classy interiors. Hope Skoda resolves Harish's issue, then I and many others will think of buying their products, else, sorry.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 13:02   #99
BHPian

Finally , the design looks clean and neat reminds of the old audis . i currently own the first gen laura and looking for a replacement . Will this be it ?. How much of a drivers car will the octavia be ? . Read in the first drive reports that the car is badly composed around corners !!
Old 14th August 2013, 13:51   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Which showroom of Mahavir Auto was that sales agent from? 18.33 Lakhs OTR for the diesel base variant is atrocious unless the base variant is also the fully loaded variant. Also, did he mention anything about when will the cars arrive at the showrooms?
Old 14th August 2013, 13:59   #101
BHPian

Yes.Mahavir Auto, Jubliee Hills checkport . He said the base version will have most of the features, and they are taking bookings as well. As per SA, deliveries starts from September.
SanjeevReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 18:23   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.Mahavir Auto, Jubliee Hills checkport . He said the base version will have most of the features, and they are taking bookings as well. As per SA, deliveries starts from September.
Thanks for this. I stay in Jubilee Hills and the last time I spoke to the sales guy from that showroom, they told me the car is only expected in November. They had also taken down my details saying they would call me once they have any further information on the car. I think it's time I pay them a visit .

As for taking bookings, can anyone else from other cities check with their local showrooms and confirm if they too are taking bookings? Sounds to me like these guys are jumping the gun a little bit.
Old 14th August 2013, 18:26   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post

Thanks for this. I stay in Jubilee Hills and the last time I spoke to the sales guy from that showroom, they told me the car is only expected in November. They had also taken down my details saying they would call me once they have any further information on the car. I think it's time I pay them a visit .

As for taking bookings, can anyone else from other cities check with their local showrooms and confirm if they too are taking bookings? Sounds to me like these guys are jumping the gun a little bit.
I checked with jai auto gurgaon today. Had gone with my cheque book to entice more details. They flat out refused on taking any money. They said they only know of a November launch. Apparently the owners of all dealerships are being invited for a know the car event sometime in end August early September.

I handed my details and they have promised to let me know as soon as they get any more details.
Old 14th August 2013, 19:48   #104
BHPian

Called up Vinayak Cars in bangalore today , asked them if they could provide me with any form of details regarding the car . They say that the car is ready for an october launch and the car will arrive to showrooms next month sometime . Yes they have started bookings . Booking amount one lakh .
Old 15th August 2013, 13:52   #105
BHPian

Heaven !
Skoda, Please launch the Octavia RS. Also, i want the proper Vrs with the 2.0 TSI with a 6 speed manual box, Thanks.

Really really quick! Quickest stock sub 50 lakh car?

Cheers

Last edited by vibhu_f430 : 15th August 2013 at 13:59.
vibhu_f430 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread