Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2013, 12:35   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Diesel just around the corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Well, I haven't been in a Santro, so won't be able to tell the difference between the NVH Levels.
Isn't the Santro a 4 cylinder 1.1 l engine and the Wagon R, a 3 cylinder 1.1 l engine ?
Wagon-R before K-Series were all 4 Cylinders with the F10D Engine (Santro still runs on 4 Cylinders. K Series is a 1L 3 cylinder Engine.

The erstwhile 4 Cylinders still remain the best when it comes to low end torque and city driving.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 12:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
... & I was referring to 1061CC 4-Cylinder Wagon-R here. Apologies, never thought new Wagon-R would be bad in this aspect. Then why people go for Wagon-R over Santro... brand Maruti-Suzuki only, which attributes to 7-8 times sales over a competent & may be safer product.
Aha. Ever since I knew the Waggie, I always knew that it has a 3 Cylinder engine.
Didn't know of the 1061CC engine.

BTW, (Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review)THIS is the car that I am talking of now.

EDIT: Just read paragsachania's post. Thanks for the update !! Just a quick question, you remember that bright Yellow colour that Wagon R came with (around 2002-2003) , my uncle had it. Was it during that time that Waggie had the 4 cylinder engine ?

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 13th August 2013 at 12:43.
Soumyajit9 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 12:48   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aha. Ever since I knew the Waggie, I always knew that it has a 3 Cylinder engine.
Didn't know of the 1061CC engine.

BTW, (Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review)THIS is the car that I am talking of now.
Hey Soumyajit, the older Wagon-R had those 1061 CC - 4X4 engines which put out out 61 BHP IIRC, before the 3 cylinder K10 engine was plonked recently.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 13:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Did we hear right now a 2 cylinder engine? Agreed that it will be fuel efficient and all that but will it not sound like an autoriksha aka Nano?

Now that will be a serious blow on the image of the WagonR since the perception of a car sounding like a 3 wheeler a negative in our market.

Also there may be more insulation required to bell the noise levels emitted by this 2 cylinder motor.
Old 13th August 2013, 13:27   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Did we hear right now a 2 cylinder engine? Agreed that it will be fuel efficient and all that but will it not sound like an autoriksha aka Nano?

Now that will be a serious blow on the image of the WagonR since the perception of a car sounding like a 3 wheeler a negative in our market.

Also there may be more insulation required to bell the noise levels emitted by this 2 cylinder motor.
Agreed to your concern. It will be an outright blunder is an engine sounding like that of a Nano finds its place in Wagon-R. It simply won't sell as its a big turn off for people looking for a family car.

However, I came across this:http://www.dieselwagonr.com/ which says that the engine could be a 3 pot diesel burner. Many more speculations including some pricing on the site too, though I have not gone through it in detail and have no testimonial for its authenticity.

Last edited by saket77 : 13th August 2013 at 13:28.
Old 13th August 2013, 13:51   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT: Just read paragsachania's post. Thanks for the update !! Just a quick question, you remember that bright Yellow colour that Wagon R came with (around 2002-2003) , my uncle had it. Was it during that time that Waggie had the 4 cylinder engine ?
Except the current model, all the older ones were with 4 Cylinder.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 14:09   #22
BHPian

With the Stingray coming on Aug 22 (stingray thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3207267), nine days from now on, I don't think we are getting the diesel on it first up.

Maybe it would be launched later as a part of the festive season launch.
Old 14th August 2013, 11:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Morning BHPians,

There's a change in the WagonR Diesel launch time frame. Team-BHP sources say that the WagonR Diesel will NOT be launched during festive season. Such a car is definitely coming, but will arrive a while later. The Sting Ray will be launched first, and with a petrol engine. Later, the Sting Ray is also expected to get diesel power. Sincere apologies for the confusion.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread