Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th July 2015, 15:06   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

The 2015 Ford Endeavour could be launched in India at the 2016 Auto Expo in the first week of February next year, according to Mr. Nigel Harris, President and Managing Director, Ford India.

Speaking to IAB during the Media Drive of the Figo Aspire, he said:

Quote:
We said 3 vehicles in 9 months. You’ll start to see the Endeavour before the end of this year, to look at, but in reality we’ll bring it early next year.
Prototypes of the Endeavour have been imported for testing and homologation purposes, and they will be offered as assembled CKD units from Ford's Chennai plant.

IAB
Old 13th July 2015, 21:22   #242
BHPian

Default Re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2015 Ford Endeavour could be launched in India at the 2016 Auto Expo in the first week of February next year, according to Mr. Nigel Harris, President and Managing Director, Ford India.

IAB
With a heavy heart I wish Ford India "Good Luck" . I admit I have liked the new Endeavour since I first saw it and have been trying to convince myself of replacing my >1.5 lakh kms done 2010 Fortuner with it . Sadly that was until I saw the new Fortuner in white with its rich interiors.

If Ford decides to launch it alongside the new Fortuner, I fear it might be a case of stillborn baby. It pains to say but probably the long waitlist for the new Fortuner maybe the saving grace for Ford, resulting in some sales.

The large fan following of Fortuner has been because of several good reasons and if Ford wants to confront Toyota head on , probably they need much more than a good product at the right price and maybe a "mahamrityunjaya yagya"
.Albatross. is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 23:01   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
If Ford decides to launch it alongside the new Fortuner, I fear it might be a case of stillborn baby.
Completely Agree ! Ford should have sheer amount of luck to get at least the lowest three digit sales figures, If planning to launch it along with Fortuner. And i'm sure new Pajero Sport & Trailblazer will join the party by then by adding more salt to the wound. I think Ford is forgetting the fact that Toyota is still selling 1500+ consistently with a decade old design !
Old 14th July 2015, 16:23   #244
Senior - BHPian

The surprising aspect is that a Car's looks are always relative and till the time that none of us had seen the all new Fortuner, we were all praises about the new Everest.. but moment we saw the new Fortuner, we are completely impressed by its design.
The new Fortuner is miles ahead of the Everest in its design language and Ford will take a mighty hit in case they don't launch it before the new Fortuner. Toyota will continue laughing all the way to the bank if Ford prices it at the same level as the new Toyota Fortuner and Ford will again be left with 100 per month while Toyota will sell 1500 per month. This is where foresight in terms of design direction play off and delivers results. It takes 3 years to design and bring a car to market (minimum) so designers need to design a car in line with the design language 3-5 years in the future and if they use current design language, it will already be outdated by the time it comes out and worse still, some other manufacturer will take the design lead (Toyota in this case) and get all the sales!
Ford have on their hands a huge challenge and if they want to give the new Fortuner serious competition, they may need to price it at least 4-5 lacs cheaper!
(Just my personal thoughts)

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th July 2015 at 16:25.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 11:44   #245
BANNED

Must Say Ford is behaving like a joker. Looks like their team is busy making a suspense movie rather than launching a serious product! Very casual and down right insensitive! I have to urgently buy an SUV, thought i will give a try before I finalize other SUVs in the market, but after talking to their customer center i am convinced i am convinced wasting time!

Despite realizing my urgency & knowing the fact that once the new SUV of Toyota & Mitsubishi are launched (they dont stand a chance) & XUV W10 & others are already digging into their markets, their communication & interaction with consumers remain pricey & cavalier! They refuse to even remotely indicate when is the new Ford Endevour expected to launch? Asking me to sign their new customer page on website which will keep me updated of any development and will allow me to have sneak preview before the market. Really jokers, instead of seriousness they are engaged in stupid marketing emailer promotions.

Surpirsed and shocked at their inablity to comprehend the market and the reality of their product visa a vis the fortified SUV behemoths with new Pajero & new Frotuner!

Had they launched it now they would picked up many new buyers who may not have wanted to go with the existing machines besides if the product did stand up to the taste of Indian buyers it would have built a strong reputation, making it difficult to simply flock for competitors products as and when they are launch

i think i better buy a SUV now and not waste my time for these guys who cant even plan and inform their prospective buyers of actual position.

They must know they are not making a movie where suspense will lead to more sale...

thanks
Dilip
shardil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:36   #246
BHPian

Default The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardil View Post

thanks

Dilip

I understand your urgency to buy a new SUV. But I guess there are lots of thing which goes in to launch a new product in a new country. Ford has to do lots of home work by localising maximum parts in order to price the car competitively. So it will take time.
And secondly Ford would rather wait for some time iron out all the issues than launch an uncooked or badly prepared car. This will only add to its woes. They launched the Everest 2 months ago in Thailand but deliveries haven't started yet. That would be a much worse scenario I guess.
That way Toyota has been testing its new Innova in India since August last year. The car should have been launched at least by this Diwali but it's not going to be launched before January.
So no matter what you will have to wait till January if you want to buy any of the new SUVs.
Old 29th July 2015, 12:55   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had they launched it now they would picked up many new buyers who may not have wanted to go with the existing machines besides if the product did stand up to the taste of Indian buyers it would have built a strong reputation, making it difficult to simply flock for competitors products as and when they are launch
. The current crop of 20 to 30 Lakh SUVs are really long in the tooth. This would have been the perfect time to launch the new Endeavour and get the first mover advantage. If they launch it after the new Fortuner & Pajero Sport are out, then they will continue to be the *also-ran* that they are now...
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 14:08   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I guess the reason for delay will be logistics more than anything.

Launching by September or latest Diwali would have been ideal.

Toyota is readying the new Fortuner as well as Innova. Till then Fortuner sales will be limited as buyers are well aware of the current Fortuner being in it's last year of production.

By getting the Endavour before the Fortuner, they can take a big chunk out of Toyota till Toyota launches the new Fortuner.

Right now with the launch set to next year it's directly inline with the Fortuner launch. That's going to be an uphill battle.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 11:55   #249
Senior - BHPian

Got this from Bunny's feed.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2219
Size:  79.0 KB
man_of_steel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 14:17   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

2015 Ford Endeavour revealed - Media drive in progress.

Name:  FordEverest_2016_800x600_wallpaper_18.jpg
Views: 4913
Size:  85.3 KB
Name:  FordEverest_2016_800x600_wallpaper_26.jpg
Views: 2745
Size:  48.2 KB
Name:  FordEverest_2016_800x600_wallpaper_22.jpg
Views: 7804
Size:  69.7 KB

Quote:
In India, the new Ford Endeavour will be powered by 2 diesel engines. A 2.2L, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel motor producing 148 BHP of power and a 3.2L, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel motor producing 197 BHP of power. The 3.2L diesel motor will come equipped with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Ford will also offer active noise cancellation for better NVH in the new model. The new Endeavour is lighter & will offer better efficiency as well.

The 2.2L Endeavour comes only with 4×2 while the 3.2L motor gets 4×2 as well as 4×4 driving modes. The SUV also gets a low range transfer case, locking differential & the terrain management system which allows you to select road conditions (Normal, mud, sand, snow & rock). There’s traction control & downhill control on offer as well. The new Endeavour has 800mm of water wading capability. Ford has also included an off-road display in the instrument cluster.

Features:
•Body-on-ladder structure
•Electric power steering
•Leather upholstery
•20″ rims
•Chrome accents all around
•LED DRLs
•Projector headlamps
•Chunky front chrome grille
•Silver skid plate at the front and back
•Front & rear fog lamps
•Automatic headlamp & wipers
•Dual zone climate control
•Cruise control
•Rear AC
•8-way power adjustable driver seat
•60:40 split for 2nd row
•50:50 split for 3rd row
•Touchscreen stereo with SYNC
•ABS + EBD
•ESP
•Hill hold
•Traction control & anti-skid regulation
•Dual front airbags, side & curtain airbags
•Panoramic sunroof
•Drag co-efficient of 0.38
•4,882mm in length, 1,862mm in width, 1,836mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,850mm
•225mm ground clearance

The new Endeavour will be sold as a 7-seater model only. The new Endeavour will also get an electric tailgate. With the 3rd row seats folded, the new Endeavour can accommodate 2,010 litres of luggage.
http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...ails-revealed/

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st August 2015 at 14:23.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 17:06   #251
Senior - BHPian

Hope we get all these here. I personally like the Endeavor against the Fortuner considering the ride quality of both. Plus all these features should make it competent SUV here.
Old 1st August 2015, 17:11   #252
Senior - BHPian

Only 197 bhp from a 3.2 diesel? Hyundai manages to squeeze that out of its 2.2...

Hopefully will be a much better vehicle than the outgoing Endeavour - Toyota needs to be taken a peg on two (on pricing) and the only way that will happen is if there are other competent options available.
Old 1st August 2015, 17:34   #253
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why but the new Everest isn't doing it for me the way the Fortuner is despite it's quirky design. Somehow the Everest/Endeavour doesn't talk to you the way the Fortuner does but that's what I feel.

The interior looks a bit old to me in terms of design although the media screen with air con vents around it remind me of the Mercedes ML class. What's with the steering? It's a sea of buttons out there!

Having said that, I really hope this Ford gives a tough fight to the Fortuner because that will rein in Toyota who have horribly overpriced their SUV and will surely be tempted to push it still higher with the new one.
Old 1st August 2015, 18:42   #254
BHPian

This is the closer to perfect version of Endeavor. I must say it is quite a looker. Heads will turn when one this will pass by. Previous version was too long compared to this one. Eagerly waiting to see it rock and roll.
But will this be as capable off-road beast as the predecessor? Going with the looks, its seems more softroder.
Old 1st August 2015, 22:23   #255
BHPian

First Review of Ford Endeavour from Thailand

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-396643,0.aspx
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread