Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2015, 13:20   #286
BHPian

Default Re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

IMO , The new endeavour is the most handsome of the latest iterations of the Mitsubishi, Toyota and Chevy.The engine is pretty powerful & frugal, the car is loaded with features and likely to be the cheapest of the four too.
From the pics and the Autocar videoreview, it has relatively old school styling but retains that butch look to the maximum followed by the Chevy. The other two are modern but look more like crossover with quirky looks save for the tyres which might be SUV like.
Old 18th August 2015, 21:12   #287
BHPian

Default Re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Where is that post anyways?
Gone without a trace?
I think post was taken down briefly to watermark those photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thanks for sharing!
Few questions:

How was the road presence ?
Did it have the "don't mess with me look " of the Fortuner

Was the silver one top of the line"Titanium"?
Looks like they have knocked off the front sensors and LED tail lamps(Thailand's version gets them)
From what I saw, the updated Endeavour has fantastic road presence. Sorry, I couldn't make out which variant were those. Looking at the video reviews from Thailand, it has fantastic feature list. We need to just hope that Ford won't delete much of those when they launch in India.
With Toyota also launching updated Fortuner, competition for SUV's in 25-30L will get more intense.
BlueEyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 10:37   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Where is that post anyways?

Gone without a trace? Anyways, those Endeavours seem to be exactly the same as listed in Zauba for imports.

They probably are out of homologation and now into testing or maybe heading to different major vendors for an introduction.
Looking at these prices, can the Guru's guess the expected Ex-Showroom for these models.
Old 20th August 2015, 13:31   #289
BHPian

As per NDTV AUTO: New Ford Endeavour: What to Expect

1) The new Endeavour is based on the Ranger pick-up and has been designed and engineered by Ford Australia

2) The SUV looks similar to the Everest concept introduced by Ford and will come with a large trapezoidal grille, beefed up wheel arches which make it look muscular

3) Changes up front include LED daytime-running lights and an aluminium scuff plate

4) Drivability of the SUV is improved thanks to the inclusion of a new independent coil-spring layout at the rear instead of the leaf spring setup found in the current model

5) It will also come with a new terrain management system (TMS) that allows a driver to select among pre-adjust settings (normal, snow/grass, sand and rock) while driving. Each of the aforementioned settings adjust the traction control, engine torque, four-wheel drive system and other things to better the driving performance in any condition

6) There is a big change inside too, as everything from the dashboard to the central screen harkens to the future

7) The Endeavour will be equipped with Ford's SYNC2 multimedia setup and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system

8) Ford has been testing the 2.2-litre (148 bhp) and 3.2-litre(197bhp) mills for India and the Endeavour will see these under its bonnet instead of the 2.5-litre and 3.0-litre diesel engine that the predecessor had

9) Expect a 7-seat configuration on the Endeavour. This will be India-specific

10) The SUV will compete with the likes of the Mitsubishi Pajero, Ssangyong Rexton and Toyota Fortuner

Expected Launch: Festive Season, 2015

Expected Price: Rs. 20 lakh - Rs. 25 lakh

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-ford-e...from=home-auto
embee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:35   #290
BHPian

If they manage to keep the prices the same as before (20-25L) they have a winner on their hands. The new Pajero Sport looks more like a MPV than a SUV and the Fortuner/Santa Fe might be a bit too expensive for people. If priced cheap this can rule the roost here in India. They have to undercut both Fortuner and Santa Fe.
Old 20th August 2015, 14:39   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
As Expected Price: Rs. 20 lakh - Rs. 25 lakh

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-ford-e...from=home-auto
I expect the prices to be 30-35 lacs (ex-showroom) and not 20-25 lacs. There is no way, Ford would let the endeavor / Everest sell for 25 lacs.
Old 20th August 2015, 17:40   #292
BHPian

being optimistic, i think they would probably keep the pricing similar/same to what it is with the current gen Endevour. One guy starting a price war would force fortuner, Santa Fe, pajero to drop prices I still dont understand why i should pay close to double for these vehicles in India.
Old 21st August 2015, 00:16   #293
BHPian

In Indonesia, the 2.2L variant is offered with Manual Transmission & 4WD

http://www.ford.co.id/en/suvs/all-ne.../models#step=1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1249166816220.pdf (1.62 MB, 206 views)
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 12:01   #294
Senior - BHPian

I think all the new launches Everest, Fortuner and Pajero will cross 40 lakhs onroad.
All those interested in buying at current prices, this is a good time.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:00   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I think all the new launches Everest, Fortuner and Pajero will cross 40 lakhs onroad.
If that happens I'd rather buy a used Discovery sport or the Prado
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:12   #296
BHPian

2015 Ford Endeavour spotted undisguised in India

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/08/2...n-india-188439
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2015fordendeavourspiedtestinginchennaiindiaatnight1024x768.jpg  

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:03   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Interesting theory, but a little birdie I know gave a hint that prices will start roughly around the current gen Endeavour's price. I tried to get hold of the ex showroom prices of the current Endy and found that they have removed the current Endy from their website and teasing the new Endy. Hence by the given hint, I believe that the 2.2L 2WD will start at the price range of current Endy and putting the top end 3.2L AWD Endy close to 30 L ex showroom.

Can anyone help us with the price list of current Endy to get a rough idea of starting price of the new Endy?

Last edited by karthick_b : 22nd August 2015 at 19:04. Reason: more info
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:10   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
If that happens I'd rather buy a used Discovery sport or the Prado
Slightly but I went and saw the new Discovery Sport SE (with 5+2 seats) this afternoon. The face is LOVELY, but the interior is quite perplexing. The '+2' seats are literally there to tick some box, and the only people who will stay there are little kids when punished! Not to mention that there's hardly any luggage space indoors when you have all three rows up.

Came away underwhelmed. All the more reason to hope for the new Endeavor with all bells and whistles at a sub-30 (on-road Delhi) price.

<Fingers crossed>
atthewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 00:17   #299
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Current Endy 3.0 AT exited at about 29 L OTR Mumbai. Delhi would be lower and Bangalore higher.
Old 23rd August 2015, 01:36   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
Interesting theory, but a little birdie I know gave a hint that prices will start roughly around the current gen Endeavour's price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Current Endy 3.0 AT exited at about 29 L OTR Mumbai. Delhi would be lower and Bangalore higher.
So if they price the base model at the current otr price then you can expect the new Endy to touch or even cross 40 lakhs for the top spec model.

I highly doubt Ford will price the new Endy at the old Endy prices considering the tech and gizmos packed in it.
However, they need to price it well below the Toyota to garner any sales.
Closed Thread