Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th October 2013, 17:53   #166
BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
I went to Harsha Toyota, Chennai today to get RC book of my Fortuner 4X4. Surprise in store there! The new Innova is standing in the basement and the new Fortuner inside the showroom.
As it is described elsewhere in this thread, the design of new Innova is completely messed up from the front and the new Fortuner looks different from the front though the DRLs are missing and the only change I can see is in the front grill. I happened to see the TRD version in 4X4 and I could not find the all black theme or any single change in the Interior. It's all the same as mine which is a month old now.
Both these models will be launched on Monday - 07th October according to showroom sources.
Do you have any pictures of the updated Fortuner?Are you sure that its not a dealer modified Fortuner i.e. with prado styled grill?Does it look as ugly as the new Innova?
Old 5th October 2013, 18:08   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Do you have any pictures of the updated Fortuner?Are you sure that its not a dealer modified Fortuner i.e. with prado styled grill?Does it look as ugly as the new Innova?
No it does not look as ugly as the Innova. The main changes in the Indonesian car are introduction on DRLs, new ICE which supports DVD and some other changes to the TRD sportivo kit. I really hope they don't take this for an excuse to further hike prices since Fortuner's pricing wasn't hiked the last time they decided to increase prices across all models i.e. some 10 days back.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/toyota...-in-indonesia/
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 23:44   #168
BHPian

Has anybody noticed that the DC modified Innova will cost about 20 L and makes real good sense at that price for the chauffeur driven, rates much more than any lux sedan above 30L. DC mod will cost about 6L, and I see one everyday below my office where the owner bought a basic version for about 13 L and paid another 6L for the rejuvenation from DC, smart thinking I'd say.
Old 6th October 2013, 00:21   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
I don't think so, maybe people from that segment think he is. 3 lakhs for just 30 bhp more? I think its nuts, but people do this all the time. And ofcourse they have the luxury of having luxury so they can justify their choice.

That is a good point, the Innova holds onto its value quite well. And resale value matters. Same with Swift, very high resale.
But, you see Innova sells because of no direct competition, I might say the XUV/Storme/Ertiga/Xylo are all competitors but the Innova guys so easily pull out their trump card of reliability and discard these vehicles as though they are useless. Its hard to argue with them. No matter how many features, how powerful the engine, how good the ride the competition has, its not enough.
Mate, 30 bhp more for 3 lakhs from a manufacturer there are plenty takers even outside this forum. It is not nuts. No one can hate Innova for the product it is but VFM is something you do not associate with it. One cannot justify the greatness of a product just by the numbers it sold against the competition. Alto for instance still sells at the same price it used to and when someone picks it up , you get a logical sense and reasoning behind. But Innova is almost twice the price where it started. Don't you feel aweful to pay the price only because competition is not stiff ? In all likelyhood, Xylo at half price or may be even less considering discounts and rest for a sedan is smarter when you bring in VFM factor.

Any facelift launch reports on team-bhp gets me all curious but with Innova, i only look for how much more they are milking this time. And i know i'm not alone. But i do not hate Innova for it being a comfortable people mover.
Old 6th October 2013, 00:52   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post

Mate, 30 bhp more for 3 lakhs from a manufacturer there are plenty takers even outside this forum. It is not nuts. No one can hate Innova for the product it is but VFM is something you do not associate with it. One cannot justify the greatness of a product just by the numbers it sold against the competition. Alto for instance still sells at the same price it used to and when someone picks it up , you get a logical sense and reasoning behind. But Innova is almost twice the price where it started. Don't you feel aweful to pay the price only because competition is not stiff ? In all likelyhood, Xylo at half price or may be even less considering discounts and rest for a sedan is smarter when you bring in VFM factor.

Any facelift launch reports on team-bhp gets me all curious but with Innova, i only look for how much more they are milking this time. And i know i'm not alone. But i do not hate Innova for it being a comfortable people mover.
It was a hypothetical case, and I know there are plenty of takers for the additional bhp deal. But when you ask the same thing to a buyer of an entry level segment, they will tell you its nuts, and maybe if you analyse it logically, you will know its nuts. But still there are takers for it, and I know, because they have so much money it hurts. :lol

Mate I too feel that Innova is not VFM, so no telling me.
Every car is a good car, but as long as it remains within the boundaries of its value.
How is an Alto for suppose 1.5 lakhs?
Answer- Awesome!!
How is an Alto for 6 lakhs?
Answer- Yuk!!
I wonder what Nepalis go through.
Old 6th October 2013, 20:29   #171
BHPian

I hate innova to the core now, i started hating it, due to its over price, but i agree it is good car, but 100% costly for its features. some other manufacturer have to bell the cat (toyota) for taking advantage of indian love towards innova and toyota badge. innova in the beginning was pretty, the later versions was bad in looks, this one is worst
Old 6th October 2013, 20:58   #172
P76
BHPian

Quote:
In USA, Toyota sells Sienna for same price (~$30k) which is in totally different league. http://www.toyota.com/sienna/#!/Welcome
Here they are giving us old tech, old design, no proper safety for inflated price.
I used to own 2007 Honda Oddyssey in USA and if i compare even in 2013, Innova looks poor man's van in front of 2007 USA model. Toyota and other manufacturers are taking Indian customers for granted.
@rawnak, the cost difference between India and the US regarding the Toyota MUVs have much to do with the government taxation. The rate of central and state government taxes, duties, cess, etc is much much higher in India when compared to the US. Read an article stating that we are paying Central and State taxes as much as 94% of the base price of a Diesel SUV/MUV costing more than 10 Lakh rupees. This almost doubles the price of the car after it leaves the manufacturer. Though I do not know much about the US taxes, from what I have heard from Friends there, its much less.
The link to the article : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/22679964.cms
Old 6th October 2013, 22:29   #173
BHPian

Default Re: New Innova Variant to be Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
The VX has seats & door card inserts of velux- what was this 'premium' interior' can you describe it?
Of the remaining things mentioned, automatic climate control is factory fitted in VX model, whereas good music system (2DIN), alloys can be easily installed from the after market.

So, not sure what the premium of ~ 5L is really for.
I did not have a detailed look though, the Music system had touch screen as well as the usual , Bluetooth, do not know if this unit has a GPS as well, Reversing camera, wood finish gear knobs, as well as a smattering of the same on the console , the upholstery was in two tones and was leather, the carpet looked premium from the usual Innova fare. On the outside it had Alloys, a new chrome grill and Side door cladding , this is as much I observed in a glance. Yes agree with you, 19L is toomuch to pay for this, maybe I'm missing out something very significant, may be more airbags...and some more safety features
Old 7th October 2013, 10:39   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Can we have a hypothetical case, say if you had money when you were in search for you were checking out Innova and it's competition and you go stick to your choice. The difference amount you parked in a bank fixed deposit and what would have been the outcome?
Roughly a lakh savings if I liquidate today. Not bad. And also the total cost of ownership in 4 years, I am sure my Xylo wins.

But not to forget the respect Innova gets, I do not bother though .
Old 7th October 2013, 10:50   #175
BHPian

Toyota is showing signs of arrogance, with their pricing of what is essentially a van. Most Innovas are still bought by fleet owners, who get a different pricing from normal customers. The Indian customer has, progressively, shown intent of putting manufactuers in place who take customers for granted. If they continue like this, they may soon find out!
KrishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 13:02   #176
BHPian

I agree with many regarding the insane "new pricing". I bought my Innova 8 seater in 2010, when the Fortuner was launched. Infact, I had booked a Fortuner and cancelled my Booking, because all I wanted was a 7 seater car for ferrying around my family and a couple of outstation holidays with family and friends. The Fortuner was overpriced for my needs @ 23 lakhs approx. and I ended up picking up the 8 seater version of the Innova,saving around 10 lakhs. The onroad cost in Mumbai, if I remember correctly was around Rs 12 Lakhs for my version of Innova, then. The interiors were totally disappointing then and are still sad for the newer versions.
But after using it for 3 + years, I don't think I will change my Innova for another Innova, reasons being 1) The Price 2) I don't find the ride quality good at all. I feel the car is very jumpy and sitting in the middle row, on a not so good road, makes my stomach churn. It could also be because of my drivers bad driving skills, but when I drive, people in the 2nd row and last row too complain about the car being jumpy.
My Innova has done barely 50000 kms and after using it for another 2-3 years,will pass it on to office staff for their daily commute to the Port from Mumbai city.
Hopefully,some interesting Van / 7-8 seater, will be launched then.
Old 7th October 2013, 13:20   #177
BHPian

Oh they are very arrogant. It was indeed VFM 4-5 yrs ago with the VX coming in around 12-13L OTR but now its way overpriced.
Fact is that there is no real alternative to Innova yet. Xylo was supposed to be, but few takers there. Aria went to hell - thanks to TML marketing folks. Stile is no threat either. Ertiga, Enjoy etc are not real competition although they do take some from Innova's lunch but nothing serious. Doesnt that explain they are essentially selling the very same engine that they launched it with, 9 yrs ago? Nothing major has changed in the car actually

Secondly, Toyota is known to command their margins - Innova is no exception. Maybe they are thinking on a smaller MPV based on Etios? UGH..

Innova was a good option for folks looking at a 11-14L as this space isnt that crowded. The C+ sedans are expensive and the entry level D- are not that inspiring..
The XUV500 took some of these customers, but not much now.

What actually is good option for someone looking at the 12-15L OTR space?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
(How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP)click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th October 2013 at 14:44. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th October 2013, 21:35   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No it does not look as ugly as the Innova. The main changes in the Indonesian car are introduction on DRLs, new ICE which supports DVD and some other changes to the TRD sportivo kit.
I saw the Fortuner and I should add that its a TRD 4X4 version and the only change I could see is in the front grill design compared to the regular Fortuner which I bought a month back, nowhere else there is any change in the interior or exterior. Looks like a TRD kit added on to a 4X4 Fortuner with revised front grill.

No DRLs, No ICE change or whatsover.
Old 7th October 2013, 22:23   #179
BHPian

In today's Times Of India, there is a Toyota Innova advertisement. Toyota Kirloskar call the new Innova as "Multi Premium Vehicle". Looks like the tagline and pricing have very close relation.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 05:57   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
So the only difference between the VX and the Z is leather seat covers? I thought it gets a new entertainment system with roof-mounted DVD screen?
I was also expecting a roof-mounted DVD screen as per reports in various forums. Maybe the safety concerns or non-approval from transport authorities could have led to dropping of the idea by Toyota. In Delhi, Punjab and Himachal traffic police does challan vehicles with DVD screen on rooftop.
Closed Thread