Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd September 2013, 20:41   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Just got a call from Nissan customer service, as I had shown interest on their pre-booking page. The SUV will be launched 2nd week of October and the price "starts from sub-10Lakhs". She mentioned that the advantage one has with pre-booking is only on a speedy delivery and nothing on the price front.

It makes sense to wait for the actual pricing and book later. I don't really expect mad rush at the Nissan dealership (like what happened with EcoSport) once it's launched, so why rush into it? More importantly, it keeps my options open. For me it's a decision between Terrano and Storme now. If the Terrano XL 110 PS variant is priced as much as the Storme EX, i might be tempted to go for Storme, considering the extra space i get with Storme. fingers crossed.
But what about Terrano's detailed technical specifications?
Old 5th September 2013, 16:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

I had shown interest on the Nissan Terrano pre-booking page last week.

Got two calls on two separate occasions from Nissan customer service to reconfirm my number and email address and my "preferred" local dealership (as if there are a dozen to select from). Today, I get a call from the local Nissan dealer informing me about the Terrano and if I have seen the pictures. I promptly said I have and they insisted they'll email me a new set of pictures. Then on second thought, they just thought they'd Whastapp me those pictures - how convenient! I get about 15 pictures, all of them taken at the unveiling event. Nothing new there.

Now for the interesting part. While on the phone with the sales chap at the Nissan dealer I inquired about the price. He said the entire range will be available from 9-12L. I am assuming they're the ex-showroom prices. He also mentioned that the display car will be available at the showroom on the 25th of September and he'll call me again to confirm when it arrives.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 18:12   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
It makes sense to wait for the actual pricing and book later. I don't really expect mad rush at the Nissan dealership (like what happened with EcoSport) once it's launched, so why rush into it? More importantly, it keeps my options open. For me it's a decision between Terrano and Storme now. If the Terrano XL 110 PS variant is priced as much as the Storme EX, i might be tempted to go for Storme, considering the extra space i get with Storme. fingers crossed.
I am doing the same, the only doubt I have in my mind is about their servicing ability, in the entire Mumbai / Suburbs they have only 3 dealerships and the nearest one to me is about 30 odd kms.
Old 5th September 2013, 19:49   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I am doing the same, the only doubt I have in my mind is about their servicing ability, in the entire Mumbai / Suburbs they have only 3 dealerships and the nearest one to me is about 30 odd kms.
Considering it is Duster in a new avatar, I am not too concerned. Technical know-how of the vehicle across major cities wouldn't be an issue.

Another aspect when we buy a vehicle, we do look out for some exclusivity on the road (atleast for sometime) in the respective segment. I personally don't like to see a lot of people drive the same car that I am driving. Duster is seen everywhere in Bangalore now . In this case, both Terrano and Storme might enjoy the limelight for sometime.
Old 9th September 2013, 12:08   #155
BHPian

comparision of interiors of nissan terrano,renault duster and facelifted dacia duster.

which looks premium and upmarket?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-interior-terrano-01.jpg  

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-renaultdusterindiapresent.jpg  

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-renaultdusterfacelift20137.jpg  

Old 9th September 2013, 12:40   #156
Senior - BHPian

Actually none look premium. The Nissan looks more pleasing than the other 2. The steering wheel center portion needs to go on a diet though with a better color too.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 12:22   #157
BHPian

Today I talked over phone with Nissan Terrano marketing division and tried to know about technical specifications.I was told that the specifications would only be available after second week of October. I do not understand how is it possible to book a car without knowing specifications.
Old 11th September 2013, 12:28   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
Today I talked over phone with Nissan Terrano marketing division and tried to know about technical specifications.I was told that the specifications would only be available after second week of October. I do not understand how is it possible to book a car without knowing specifications.
But aren't the specifications already out? The Terrano has the same engine specs as the Duster.

The feature list can be found here (Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October) and here and the specs apart from the company website can also be found here!

Need more details? Send an email to Nissan Customer service here: customercare.nissan@hai.net.in

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 11th September 2013 at 12:35.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 14:20   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Got a call from the Nissan customer care & later from Ritu Nissan, Thane, as per the dealership the demo vehicle will be available by the first week of Oct.

At least the proactive approach is heartning.
Old 11th September 2013, 14:50   #160
Senior - BHPian

Well they definitely sound very proactive which is always good , Whats Apping images etc, clearly keen to give fast responses and information...
Old 11th September 2013, 20:59   #161
BHPian

The official website of Nissan Terrano does not cover technical specifications. I am informed categorically by the Nissan customer service that the technical specifications will be disclosed only in second week of October.So no point in going through unauthorized information on other sites which could only be a guess.
Old 14th September 2013, 12:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from a Nissan Dealer in Mumbai today, they are expecting the TD vehicles by the month end.

As per them the top end (diesel) with leather seats & wood finish trim is expected to cost around 14.7 lacs onroad in Mumbai and the one without leather seats and wooden trim about 14 lacs.

They claim to have around 70 bookings and the deliveries are expected to start around Oct last week, but he wanted me to pre-book now to get the delivery around Dec end, I am surprised at the waiting period already .

Anyways, I have no plans to pre-book unless I see the vehicle and test drive it at leisure.
Old 15th September 2013, 21:55   #163
P76
BHPian

Nissan could justify the higher price over Duster by simply setting right the Duster's trivial shortcomings -
1. Provide pull-type door exterior handles
2. Electric OVRMs (in the appropriate version xv?)
3. Climate Control.( xv)
4. Steering mounted audio controls
5. Better interior quality - the Nissan Micra feels much richer inside.
6. Better NVH suppression.
7. Split folding rear seats
8. Keyless entry (xv)....
9. Reverse cam
10. Lighter clutch.

These may add up to the cost, but if Nissan choose to give these in the Terrano, they could, in my opinion, garner better interest and bookings. Apart from these dare I mention the Impossible additions :
1. Rear disc brakes
2. Six airbags (if not more)
3. Factory installed Subwoofer (the Koleos, and Outlander have them, and it really sounds good)
4. 4-wheel drive option.

Am I sounding too greedy?

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2013 at 14:09. Reason: No more than 2 smileys / post please
Old 16th September 2013, 13:45   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post
Nissan could justify the higher price over Duster by simply setting right the Duster's trivial shortcomings -
1. Provide pull-type door exterior handles
2. Electric OVRMs (in the appropriate version xv?)
3. Climate Control.( xv)
4. Steering mounted audio controls
5. Better interior quality - the Nissan Micra feels much richer inside.
6. Better NVH suppression.
7. Split folding rear seats
8. Keyless entry (xv)....
9. Reverse cam
10. Lighter clutch.

These may add up to the cost, but if Nissan choose to give these in the Terrano, they could, in my opinion, garner better interest and bookings. Apart from these dare I mention the Impossible additions :
1. Rear disc brakes
2. Six airbags (if not more)
3. Factory installed Subwoofer (the Koleos, and Outlander have them, and it really sounds good)
4. 4-wheel drive option.

Am I sounding too greedy?
Dream on, these companies take us for a ride these days.

Its silly how they don't even think A/T is something people strongly desire now days.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2013 at 14:10. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 17th September 2013, 12:38   #165
BHPian

Autocar has put up the first impressions. They saying no mech. changes at all from the Duster. I hope they've atleast lightened the clutch http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-357283.aspx
Closed Thread