Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th September 2013, 15:12   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance plumbing View Post
Autocar has put up the first impressions. They saying no mech. changes at all from the Duster. I hope they've atleast lightened the clutch http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-357283.aspx
Nope, it is still the same . Copy pasting excerpts from the review:

Quote:
ACI - There have been no mechanical changes from the Duster and this means, the Terrano more or less drives similar to the Renault. The clutch on the 109bhp diesel is a little on the hard side, which can get a bit tiring for your left foot during stop and go traffic.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 15:57   #167
Senior - BHPian

Link to News Section

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-nissan-terrano-suv-brochure-scan-1.jpg

Nissan India has uploaded the brochure of the Terrano onto the official website of the SUV. In terms of new information, the brochure doesn't have much to add save for a couple of images revealing the leather clad interiors of the SUV. The Terrano will be available in six colours and will be built at the Renault-Nissan joint manufacturing facility at Oragadam, off Chennai. The Terrano is likely to share the assembly line with the Renault Duster, the SUV on which the former is badge engineered on.

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-nissan-terrano-suv-brochure-scan-2.jpg

Pre-bookings of the SUV have already commenced, and an official launch with the price announcement of the different variants will happen in the next few weeks. The Terrano, according to Nissan India's managing director Mr Kenichiro Yomura, will be the last badge engineered product to be sold in India. Going forward, Nissan India hopes to launch products that are highly differentiated from those sold by alliance partner Renault.

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-nissan-terrano-suv-brochure-scan-3.jpg

The diesel variants of the Terrano get the 1.5 liter K9K turbo diesel motor in 85 PS-200 Nm and 110 PS-248 Nm tunes while the sole petrol variant of the SUV will be powered by the 1.6 liter, 104 PS-140 Nm petrol engine. Features on the top end variants of the Terrano will include leather seats, wood finish on the dashboard and interiors, 16 inch machined alloy wheels, reverse parking sensors, rear AC unit, ABS+EBD, twin airbags and a six speed manual gearbox.

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-nissan-terrano-suv-brochure-scan-4.jpg

The Terrano will be front wheel driven and no plans for a four wheel drive variant exist at the moment. Looks wise, the Nissan Terrano is quite different from the Renault Duster in terms of the front and rear, both of which get major revisions. Viewed side-on, the Terrano does look strikingly similar to the Duster. The interiors of the Terrano are decidedly more premium than that of the Duster, perhaps a factor that'll allow Nissan to quote a higher price tag for the Terrano.

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-nissan-terrano-suv-brochure-scan-5.jpg

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 17th September 2013 at 15:58. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 16:02   #168
BHPian

The XL 85 seems to be a good option on Terrano. Guess the price will be similar to Duster RXL (O) . But I feel the aerodynamics might have changed positively towards the Nissan.

Does the wind noise still exist on Nissan on high speed runs?

Above 120kmph the Duster seems to be pushing lot of air around it rather than cutting through. The wind noise is very audible at 140kmph, like a window is left open. The mileage drops incrementally after 100kmph.
Old 18th September 2013, 11:11   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Nissan India has uploaded the brochure of the Terrano onto the official website of the SUV. In terms of new information, the brochure doesn't have much to add save for a couple of images revealing the leather clad interiors of the SUV.
I am not sure what is the strategy behind releasing the information in bits and pieces. If they can start pre-bookings they might as well release a full fledged brochure and the detailed website.

I don't think that people are crowding outside the Nissan showrooms like it happened for the XUV, Duster & EcoSport so they might as well stop the teasers and come out blazing.
Old 19th September 2013, 07:32   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Feature-rich Nissan Terrano with 4WD, steering mounted controls under consideration.
Nissan is looking to better differentiate the Terrano from the Duster with a 44 variant. Apart from the all wheel drive system, the company is also working on steering mounted audio controls.

Nissan India will also be offering a 6.1-inch multimedia touchscreen system as an accessory on the Terrano. The system will embed into the center console and should come with AUX, USB and navigation. Nissan will not be offering the rear jump seats on the Terrano though.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/n...deration-97344
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 07:55   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I am not sure what is the strategy behind releasing the information in bits and pieces.
Reason could be Suspense. Nail biting tension for the Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I don't think that people are crowding outside the Nissan showrooms like it happened for the XUV, Duster & EcoSport
IMO, I feel the masses are not getting attracted as it looks similar to the Duster and not all can see the difference between the two. For an average buyer the Duster is around from long so he'll choose that rather than going for the same looking vehicle with a different name and company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan is looking to better differentiate the Terrano from the Duster with a 44 variant.
They'll have to do something to differentiate both the Duster and Terrano else no use for such much suspense.

There more changes other than adding 4x4 variant. Nissan, is your reading, 'Don't add chrome all over and say it's different'. We need skin deep changes too.

Anurag.
Old 19th September 2013, 12:55   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Reason could be Suspense. Nail biting tension for the Terrano

IMO, I feel the masses are not getting attracted as it looks similar to the Duster and not all can see the difference between the two. For an average buyer the Duster is around from long so he'll choose that rather than going for the same looking vehicle with a different name and company.

They'll have to do something to differentiate both the Duster and Terrano else no use for such much suspense.

There more changes other than adding 4x4 variant. Nissan, is your reading, 'Don't add chrome all over and say it's different'. We need skin deep changes too. Anurag.
I guess it is a tension for Nissan and probably Renault as they will be eating into each others pie. With the number of showrooms so miniscule it would be interesting to see how Nissan plans to service the customers in the post Terrano times.

As far as the speculative cost for the top end model goes it is above the XUV5OO W6 and pretty close to the W8.
Old 19th September 2013, 22:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Terrano prices to be announced on October 9th.

Name:  image2633781176.jpg
Views: 4025
Size:  226.9 KB

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 19th September 2013 at 22:45.
Warwithwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 16:49   #174
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this.
@MODS pls delete it if already posted.

Nissan Terrano | Comprehensive Review | Autocar India

h@r$h@l is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 11:36   #175
avm
BHPian

Hi guys,
Iv been waiting for me Ecosport since 3 months now and slowly losing patience. Just uot of curiosity I called up Nissan (Bangalore) to inquire about the Terrano.
He told me that the Terrano will be priced from 9L - 13L (ex showroom).
The vehicle will be on display from 26th September onwards.

According to me, Terrano definitely looks better and more masculine than the bland Duster. But the interiors of both Duster and Terrano are hopeless. Considering we (the drivers of the car) spend most of the time inside the car, the interiors and the features have to be kickass. Ecosport clearly scores more on all aspects except the space for the 5th person inside the vehicle.

Also, I don't think Terrano will be offered in AT. :(
Iv owned a Nissan Altima in Dubai for 4 years, and i can vouch for driving pleasure and quality of Nissan vehicles. But looks and interiors definitely matter and i guess the Ecosport wins hands down.
avm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:09   #176
P76
BHPian

Nissan could have made a more subtle rear for the Terrano. The Tail lamps look out of sync to the overall design. The tail lamps looks similar to New Honda City's ones, wherein it suits well to the City's sharp angular lines.

Last edited by P76 : 23rd September 2013 at 11:11.
Old 25th September 2013, 09:50   #177
BHPian

Got a call from Shahwar Nissan in Bangalore, they have got the Display Car in their Queens Road show romm, Planning to check it out tomorrow. I had pre booked it on the 9th of September.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:35   #178
BHPian

I did check out the vehicle today at Nissan Surya. It looks exactly according to the pics on launch. No surprises in terms of the proportions, etc.

Exterior looks good. But interiors are still way below my expectations. (read comparo with XUV5OO).

More importantly I want the delivery of the vehicle before Diwali. The sales person was not very certain on the dates although he said it should happen around diwali. :-(

According to him, the test drive will be available around mid October and pricing around the same time. I have booked the vehicle a week back and have promised delivery in the first lot.

Now my questions are as below:

1) Is Nissan hurriedly preparing the vehicle to have it out before Diwali(festive season)? There is not much time left yet not many details are available.
2)What should be the pricing of the variants. ( I hope it gets launched at introductory price). I heard there isnt much booking yet. No rush like other SUV launches in recent past. If it is actually priced 50-70k above Duster I will be tempted to go for XUV5OO.

Any news will be highly appreciated.

Sorry didnt get the pics as it wudnt have been any value-add.
Old 26th September 2013, 10:36   #179
BHPian

IAB has reported that the Terrano would be launched on October 9th and initial deliveries will commence only by November end.
Price range ti be of INR 10-14 lakhs.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/n...o-launch-98214
Old 28th September 2013, 14:13   #180
Senior - BHPian

Link to Zigwheels' Nissan Terrano test drive report:

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...t-drive/17241/

They hope Nissan don't disappoint with the price, for a product with is quite competent.
Closed Thread