Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th September 2013, 15:27   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Got a call from Shahwar Nissan in Bangalore, they have got the Display Car in their Queens Road show romm, Planning to check it out tomorrow. I had pre booked it on the 9th of September.
So, where are pictures man. Hopefully, you are not that disappointed, leading to cancellation of your booking
Old 29th September 2013, 01:10   #182
BHPian

I called RC Nissan here in New Delhi to inquire about the Terrano and they told me that the vehicle would be available for display in their showroom only by October 3.

Also, when I told the person that I'm interested in the XL (85PS) variant, he told me that it should be priced around 9.50 lacs ex-showroom. Now this is quite interesting, as the RXL variant of the Duster costs Rs.9.73 lacs at present and there is no way Nissan can price the Terrano below it.

So, I think that a price-cut for the Duster might be on the cards!
Old 29th September 2013, 01:59   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Ecosport clearly scores more on all aspects except the space for the 5th person inside the vehicle.

Also, I don't think Terrano will be offered in AT. :(
Iv owned a Nissan Altima in Dubai for 4 years, and i can vouch for driving pleasure and quality of Nissan vehicles. But looks and interiors definitely matter and i guess the Ecosport wins hands down.
For anyone who hasn't booked a Ford EcoSport earlier, there's no way to get one now other than by paying extra to get one from the next delivery batch. Everyone else would have to choose the Renault Duster/Nissan Terrano or a Maruti Ertiga.

Nissan offers a good value - the Nissan Pathfinder, Nissan Altima, and Nissan Tiida in Dubai are great vehicles. However, the Terrano/Duster are from Dacia so initially people were a bit wary of buying them. However, now they are quite common (even in Dubai!). The only downside is the lack of a 4x4 and AT in the Indian variants.
Old 29th September 2013, 11:07   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
So, where are pictures man. Hopefully, you are not that disappointed, leading to cancellation of your booking
I visited the showroom on this Friday evening and checked out the display car, It was a Bronze Grey 110 XV, I liked the car, now waiting for the official review by TBHP and the price. Sorry no photo as it was late and my cell had low battery. For me it either will be this or the Duster, will decide after the test drive.
Old 30th September 2013, 09:54   #185
Senior - BHPian

The Terrano has arrived at the Ahmedabad dealership. Got a Whatsapp message from one of the sales consultant yesterday saying "I heartily invite u nd ur family to petal nissan to feel the all ne BLOCKBUSTER NISSAN TERRANO".

Pretty informal and a few spelling mistakes here and there but without being too critical, I think I'll go visit the showroom today to see how the car looks in person. I am assuming its the top of the line 110 XV variant that's on display.

Will try and post up some pictures if possible.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 14:37   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I think I'll go visit the showroom today to see how the car looks in person.

Will try and post up some pictures if possible.
Not expecting any drastic change. The paint might have a better gloss. Touch the material of dash, see if it is hard or has a soft feel. Their shades of paint also seems different.

Frankly, I only see the Nissan Terrano as an extended variant for the Duster to bring in more variety. Now you get Duster in more colors and trims.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:09   #187
BHPian

Saw the display vehicle a couple of days back in Bangalore. Appears to be sturdier and better finished than the Duster. Was however disappointed with the AC duct positioning for the rear seat as it makes it difficult to accomodate the 5th person. Was not available for a TD and no info on the final pricing too.
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:44   #188
BHPian

hi, has anyone noticed the features list of the terrano, XL plus does not seem to have alloys so what is the addition to the Xl only passenger airbag ? can anybody shed some light
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:34   #189
BHPian

Checked out the car in showroom yesterday and walked away unimpressed with this offering. Dint like the traditional door handles - the lift up type, the interiors looked dated and uninspiring, hard plastics all over, alloys though fine - looked like good after market fitment type, glovebox open and shut feel was ordinary, and seat upholstery could have been better. I next walked to Micra standing besides and the fully loaded Micra felt more plush in my opinion.
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:42   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
hi, has anyone noticed the features list of the terrano, XL plus does not seem to have alloys so what is the addition to the Xl only passenger airbag ? can anybody shed some light
Hi Terra85,

I think your question is on the difference between XE and XL? as of now the information is XL will have ABS+EBD+BA, 2 DIN Audio with Bluetooth (CD/MP3/USB/AUX IN), Front Fog lamp and Piano Black console, over XE.
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:18   #191
BHPian

Went through all the reviews of Nissan Terrano, canít help feeling a little dissapointed, they are going to launch an expensive version of an already overpriced car. Their engineers even had an oppurtunity to sort out the turbolag in the 110bhp variant wonder why they didínt.
Old 3rd October 2013, 20:22   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Their engineers even had an oppurtunity to sort out the turbolag in the 110bhp variant wonder why they did’nt.
Thats not how badge engineering works. The rule is 'if aint broken dont fix'. The look and feel changes are done according to the brand, but the heart and soul remains the same.

For automobiles even smallest component change needs to undergo thorough testing. No one wants to damage their brand reputation if things start failing in practical scenarios. Moreover recalls are expensive exercise.

Usually it is only the look and feel and some light suspension jobs or a different shoe, to give a different feel, without altering much to the overall structure or dynamics. Same assembly line is used for the manufacture and same set of operators work on them. So even the spots to weld and drive a nut are kept un-altered as much as possible.

I am sure, even the look and feel of the dash that is different on Terrano has the same assembly settings of Duster. The material used might be different thou.

Last edited by HillMan : 3rd October 2013 at 20:23.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:20   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Went through all the reviews of Nissan Terrano, canít help feeling a little dissapointed, they are going to launch an expensive version of an already overpriced car. Their engineers even had an oppurtunity to sort out the turbolag in the 110bhp variant wonder why they didínt.
I hear you. Theres plenty of minor things that Nissan could have touched upon to give that premium look. For ex - door handles, seat upholstery, better alloys and made standard across all variants, rear a/c vents withdrawn, touchscreen dash, etc.

Heard from sales guy there will be 30 - 50k premium over Duster. I feel disappointed that 10L+ car still lacks that plush and premium cabin.
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:37   #194
BHPian

I have a Bolero ZLX and am thinking of changing the vehicle.

The ones I have in mind are the Duster , Terano and the XUV. Would like the car to be within 120k

I would 100% want a Diesel vehicle. I do a lot of City driving along with long outdrives at least once a month.

Wanted to hear from you on what's best .. to change or stay with the Bolero.
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:07   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I hear you. Theres plenty of minor things that Nissan could have touched upon to give that premium look. For ex - door handles, seat upholstery, better alloys and made standard across all variants, rear a/c vents withdrawn, touchscreen dash, etc.

Heard from sales guy there will be 30 - 50k premium over Duster. I feel disappointed that 10L+ car still lacks that plush and premium cabin.
Thank you,

Both you and Hillman have a valid point , it is a difficult task to upgrade a vehicle using limited resources and visually at least they seem to have got it right but they havent addressed the core weaknesses,I think the one advantage terrano has is in having safety features as standard and that may draw the attention of some discerning buyers.
Closed Thread