Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd October 2013, 23:25   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohintonw View Post
I have a Bolero ZLX and am thinking of changing the vehicle.

The ones I have in mind are the Duster , Terano and the XUV. Would like the car to be within 120k

I would 100% want a Diesel vehicle. I do a lot of City driving along with long outdrives at least once a month.

Wanted to hear from you on what's best .. to change or stay with the Bolero.
IMO XUV is much better than Duster, Terrano (except for the electronics related problems in Mahindra)
But within 120k you won't get an XUV, unless you wait for a cheaper variant which is to be released.
B/w Duster and Terrano, terrano is atleast a slight improvement on interior side. From body styling, i find duster much better but that is just a perspective.
With 120k, you can get a loaded Duster/Terrano.
Old 4th October 2013, 00:41   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
IMO XUV is much better than Duster, Terrano (except for the electronics related problems in Mahindra)
Only point to note is what if one does not want a bigger car to lug around in the city? Also what is one needs a frugal engine? 18-19 kmpl of Terrano/Duster vs 12-14 kmpl of XUV?
So it boils down to need, even one can get a bigger car at the same price. Quality, interiors etc do come into play. But then the buyer should take the primary need into consideration
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 19:32   #198
BHPian

The main difference between the Nissan Terrano and XUV is IMHO is the presence of those last row seats the quality of materials are almost the same, reliability is a very important criterion for an SUV if it is not reliable then we will not have the confidence to travel long distances. The XUV despite having space has low seats and its ride is not accomplished as the Duster / Terrano duo small things but they matter more in the long run than some fancy electronics. If one can do without those last row seats Terrano IMHO I feel is a better car.
Old 7th October 2013, 12:48   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan has started dispatching its Terranos to dealerships, thus throwing up possibilities about the revealing of the price list very soon.

http://motorbash.com/nissan-terrano-...laration-soon/
Old 7th October 2013, 12:49   #200
BHPian

The Launch of the Terrano, supposedly is on the 9th of Oct, pricing as well should be announced. Had an opportunity to check out the vehicle, over the last weekend at the Worli, Mumbai dealer. The vehicle tentative price range for the 110 top of the line variant would be 15 lacs OTR and pricing is range is for the 85-110 models are to be 11 lacs to 15 lacs.

As they have only one trim level for the petrol variant, pricing he was unsure about but would be @12 lacs or so.
TRANSAM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 12:54   #201
Senior - BHPian

But have they not been assuring of sub 10 lakhs pricing for a long time now?
Old 8th October 2013, 12:22   #202
P76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
The Launch of the Terrano, supposedly is on the 9th of Oct, pricing as well should be announced. Had an opportunity to check out the vehicle, over the last weekend at the Worli, Mumbai dealer. The vehicle tentative price range for the 110 top of the line variant would be 15 lacs OTR and pricing is range is for the 85-110 models are to be 11 lacs to 15 lacs.
15 Lakhs OTR !. I saw the Terrano at the Avenue Nissan at Ambattur Estate. The exterior cosmetic changes are good, and apart from that there is no betterment in the interior quality. The beige carpets add a bit of richness when compared to the black ones in the Duster, that's it.
I read the New Skoda Octavia is priced between 13.95 lakhs to 19.45 lakhs ex-showroom. Can Nissan justify the Terrano's pricing from 11 lakhs to 15 lakhs OTR?. What will be the Terrano's score in Quality, Equipment, and Refinement when compared to an Octavia on a scale of 1-10?. There seems to be no logic in that high price.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th October 2013 at 22:34. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 8th October 2013, 14:06   #203
Senior - BHPian

Business Standard says the Terrano will be launched tomorrow with an introductory price of Rs 8.5L!

Source
9thsphinx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 14:15   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post

15 Lakhs OTR !. I saw the Terrano at the Avenue Nissan at Ambattur Estate. The exterior cosmetic changes are good, and apart from that there is no betterment in the interior quality. The beige carpets add a bit of richness when compared to the black ones in the Duster, that's it.
I read the New Skoda Octavia is priced between 13.95 lakhs to 19.45 lakhs ex-showroom. Can Nissan justify the Terrano's pricing from 11 lakhs to 15 lakhs OTR?. What will be the Terrano's score in Quality, Equipment, and Refinement when compared to an Octavia on a scale of 1-10?. There seems to be no logic in that high price.

I echo your thoughts, but he was certain, that the top end variant (110) would be in OTR 15 lacs, i mentioned to him, that they would have very few takers at that price and besides the vehicle does not come with an Auto Box.
Old 8th October 2013, 16:29   #205
BHPian

First national customer of terrano getting keys tomorrow at 12 noon.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-terrano-invite.jpg  

nskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 17:12   #206
Senior - BHPian

Introductory price of 8.5 lakhs is more likely to generate some heat than the 11 to 15 range which would be a dud.
Old 9th October 2013, 10:50   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Business Standard says the Terrano will be launched tomorrow with an introductory price of Rs 8.5L!

Source
The source you've quoted doesn't say introductory price anywhere. It only says their sources claim starting price 'might' be 8.5L.

I don't see how that will still not make the top end variants costly, at least in B'lore. 110bhp diesel top end variant could anywhere near or more than 12L, making on-road cost to surely see 14L or 14L+ in Bangalore (there are 6 variants in diesel).

Let's wait and watch today if Nissan has a potential hit or a potential dud.

Last edited by k_ajay : 9th October 2013 at 10:52.
Old 9th October 2013, 10:52   #208
Senior - BHPian

Any guess if the official review is underway?
Old 9th October 2013, 12:28   #209
Senior - BHPian

Nissan's rich SUV heritage is one thing, Terrano is another.
I feel it is not right on Nissan's part to sell a car designed by Dacia and developed by Renault by advertising it as if it is designed by the same people who design the real SUVs for Nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Any guess if the official review is underway?
Yeah, it would be easy. Just copy the Duster thread and do a search & replace of Renault with Nissan and Duster with Terrano
Old 9th October 2013, 12:44   #210
BHPian

Honestly, IMO the Terrano has better build quality than the duster, one can understand if they price the car in the 12 to 13 (OTR MUMBAI) range for the top end 110 diesel, this certainly will not go down well with most buyers and they would probably look elsewhere.
Closed Thread