Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th November 2016, 18:19   #76
BHPian

Default Re: The 2016 BMW 5-Series (next-gen) caught testing. EDIT: Now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
A short film showcasing the new 5, I wish Jason Statham was the driver!
This movie is a part of the The Hire series of movies by BMW.

Adding description from Wikipedia Page:

Quote:
The BMW film series The Hire is a series of eight short films (averaging about ten minutes each) produced for the Internet in 2001 and 2002. A form of branded content, the shorts were directed by popular filmmakers from around the globe and starred Clive Owen as "the Driver" while highlighting the performance aspects of various BMW automobiles. The series made a comeback in 2016, fifteen years after its original run ended.
Clive Owen has always been the designated driver and the movies have been made by some of the coolest Hollywood directors in recent times. To name a few- John Frankenheimer, Ang Lee, Alejandro González Iñárritu, John Woo, Joe Carnahan etc.

The series also features some of the coolest stars and cameos. I personally found the movies very stylish and tastefully filmed. However the impact on the brand value- I can't comment as such.

Here are few more:

Season 1:

Season 2:

The series came back fifteen years later and the episode you posted belongs to Season 3, marking the return of Clive Owen as a driver. I'd be surprised if this has not been discussed in TBHP earlier. These movies were made before Transporter Movies came (Which I think is the reason for you wishing Jason Stathom to be the driver). I think Clive Owen did a wonderful job too. The personal favorite is Star and Beat the devil. Star because it features my favourite car- BMW M5 and the latter one because - Gary Oldman (He's reason enough).

Last edited by LordSharan : 28th November 2016 at 18:41.
LordSharan is offline   Reply With Quote