Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 22:52   #136
BHPian
 
#enzowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BLR-MAA-PY
Posts: 190
Thanked: 174 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
M760Li has been launched the TVC is running on various channels like NDTV
What I meant was, the first batch of customer cars are coming.
One has already been delivered in Mumbai
#enzowho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 00:03   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 193
Thanked: 479 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Launch on the 29th of June confirmed. I just received my e-mail invite today. Anybody attending the event in Mumbai?
Porcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 13:38   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 193
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

With the new generation launch due later this month, any news on any discounts being offered on the existing 530d? I checked with the one and only dealer in Hyderabad and the best they could offer was 6 lacs of the on road price, which includes discounts due to the 360 degree promotion that BMW is currently running as part of the pre GST offer. Overall, they are offering a 3 lac discount on the ex-showroom price which doesn't really make me want to even think about it given the new generation of the car is said to match the levels of the 7 series when it comes to interior quality and even features.
sunny310c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 13:51   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 840 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
With the new generation launch due later this month, any news on any discounts being offered on the existing 530d? I checked with the one and only dealer in Hyderabad and the best they could offer was 6 lacs of the on road price, which includes discounts due to the 360 degree promotion that BMW is currently running as part of the pre GST offer. Overall, they are offering a 3 lac discount on the ex-showroom price which doesn't really make me want to even think about it given the new generation of the car is said to match the levels of the 7 series when it comes to interior quality and even features.
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. Would be a decent deal but I would recommend it only if for some reason you like the F10s design more.
Because do keep in mind that it would also fetch a lower resale value( 3-5 lacs) if you sell it after a few years as compared to the newer model. So the discount won't seem that big. Infact wait till the end of the year or early next year, I'm very sure there will easily be discounts of 5L and up on the new 5. That's just how BMW India seems to roll
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 16:17   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 193
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. Would be a decent deal but I would recommend it only if for some reason you like the F10s design more.
Because do keep in mind that it would also fetch a lower resale value( 3-5 lacs) if you sell it after a few years as compared to the newer model. So the discount won't seem that big. Infact wait till the end of the year or early next year, I'm very sure there will easily be discounts of 5L and up on the new 5. That's just how BMW India seems to roll
Thanks for pointing this out. I checked out the 3 series thread and folks have got 10 lacs discount on the OTR price for a 320d luxury line .

What's more, the dealer in Chennai who is offering that discount is the same as the one in Hyderabad, KUN. So am thinking if a 320d luxury line can fetch a 10 lac discount on the OTR price, a much more expensive 530d, which is being replaced by a new generation later this month, should fetch a heck of a lot more discount, especially given it's the same dealer, albeit in a different city.

Have a question here for existing 530d owners. How much of a discount should I be looking for on the current generation car to make it an attractive proposition, given the new car offers a lot more in terms of interior quality, fit and finish, features and all the other benefits associated to a whole new generation of car?
sunny310c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 16:43   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,139
Thanked: 2,773 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
How much of a discount should I be looking for on the current generation car to make it an attractive proposition
It's around 10-12 lac here in North but possible to get 15 as well. Do check if they have any 2016 MY or only 2017 ( Soft close doors are now standard)

Anything below 15 is not attractive in my opinion, remember you will be buying a 7-year-old car ( though they have upgraded it every now & then )

As others have suggested, better wait for the new one.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th June 2017 at 16:44.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 18:40   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 313
Thanked: 121 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. Would be a decent deal but I would recommend it only if for some reason you like the F10s design more.
Because do keep in mind that it would also fetch a lower resale value( 3-5 lacs) if you sell it after a few years as compared to the newer model. So the discount won't seem that big. Infact wait till the end of the year or early next year, I'm very sure there will easily be discounts of 5L and up on the new 5. That's just how BMW India seems to roll
3 Series has a deal in order to create the gap to GT

The price at which F10 is trading, IMO it is value for money. The 5 luxury line MY 2017 is well loaded but it's already stocked out. You may get 520d M Sports but most of the dealers are stocked out as well.

Few 530d may be had but considering the prevailing discounts and the pre GST stock clearance they may be out of stock as well.

Lastly on discounts on G30, if I look at the X1 and GT they are no easy discounts to the tune of 5 Lacs. It's just about taking chances but can't be said for sure that there will be 5 Lacs discount on the new 5 Series next year.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 18:49   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 840 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
3 Series has a deal in order to create the gap to GT

The price at which F10 is trading, IMO it is value for money.
Few 530d may be had but considering the prevailing discounts and the pre GST stock clearance they may be out of stock as well.

Lastly on discounts on G30, if I look at the X1 and GT they are no easy discounts to the tune of 5 Lacs. It's just about taking chances but can't be said for sure that there will be 5 Lacs discount on the new 5 Series next year.
The X1 had discounts of 4 lacs easily and keep in mind that it costs only half as much as what the 530d will cost when it comes out. So a 5L discount is not difficult.

And the GT has discounts on the Luxury line 320d as well , a Bhpian had posted about the buying experience recently and it sounded like he got a really good discount
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 19:02   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,836
Thanked: 5,118 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

BMW India starts online booking of All New 5 series :

I just found this new website.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_20170606_190129.jpg

http://www.bmw5series.in/
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 19:07   #145
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,730
Thanked: 6,288 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
With the new generation launch due later this month, any news on any discounts being offered on the existing 530d? I checked with the one and only dealer in Hyderabad and the best they could offer was 6 lacs of the on road price, which includes discounts due to the 360 degree promotion that BMW is currently running as part of the pre GST offer. Overall, they are offering a 3 lac discount on the ex-showroom price which doesn't really make me want to even think about it given the new generation of the car is said to match the levels of the 7 series when it comes to interior quality and even features.
In Mumbai you can get about 12-14 lacs off on the f10 530d. In fact the dealer here even has one unregistered car done some 3k kms for a great price. I can put you in touch if you are interested.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 19:53   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 193
Thanked: 479 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. Would be a decent deal but I would recommend it only if for some reason you like the F10s design more.
Because do keep in mind that it would also fetch a lower resale value( 3-5 lacs) if you sell it after a few years as compared to the newer model. So the discount won't seem that big. Infact wait till the end of the year or early next year, I'm very sure there will easily be discounts of 5L and up on the new 5. That's just how BMW India seems to roll
Absolutely spot on!

Anyone know if BMW plans on having an initial batch of CBU's as launch editions, or will they be assembled in India right off the bat?
Porcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 20:19   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 840 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Absolutely spot on!

Anyone know if BMW plans on having an initial batch of CBU's as launch editions, or will they be assembled in India right off the bat?
Bmw hasn't done this traditionally, so I don't expect them to do it now. Also the first drive that Autocar did was in the BMW plant itself, so I think it's most likely that they will assemble here from the start itself.
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 09:08   #148
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,822
Thanked: 9,418 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Bmw hasn't done this traditionally, so I don't expect them to do it now. Also the first drive that Autocar did was in the BMW plant itself, so I think it's most likely that they will assemble here from the start itself.
Actually , you are wrong, when the E90 3 came out first in India, they were imported.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 09:56   #149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 193
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Had another discussion with the sales guy yesterday and he is willing to offer a discount of 6 lacs on the ex-showroom price. Told him about the fact that dealers in Mumbai and other parts of the country were offering up to 12 lacs of discount on the outgoing 530d and how some folks on here got a 10 lac discount on the 3 series luxury line in Chennai. To that he said the Chennai discounts were probably because the cars being sold are refurbished cars that were affected by the floods last year. Told him that the dealer in Chennai is the same as the one he is working for. Anyway, going by some of the posts here am tempted to wait for the new generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
In Mumbai you can get about 12-14 lacs off on
the f10 530d. In fact the dealer here even has one unregistered car done some 3k kms for a great price. I can put you in touch if you are interested.
Thanks a lot for the offer. To be honest, I originally went to BMW to check out the X3 because my wife loves that car although I am not a fan of its boxy looks. Once at the showroom, we were drawn to the 3 and 5 series and although we checked out the X3 eventually, our heads were turned by the sedans. So, we are still debating whether or not another sedan makes sense (we have an Octavia 1.8 TSi). But thanks for the offer. Will let you know in case we do decided to proceed with the current generation of the 530d.
sunny310c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 11:09   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 840 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Actually , you are wrong, when the E90 3 came out first in India, they were imported.
I think that was only the 325i models IIRC?
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! BMW imports all-new G30 530d into India. EDIT: 520d as well dZired The Indian Car Scene 5 12th May 2017 00:49
Next Gen BMW 7 Series Launched @ Auto Expo 2016 Rehaan The Indian Car Scene 57 29th January 2017 21:26
BMW 3-Series GT India launch. EDIT: Launched at 43.30 lakh Omkar The Indian Car Scene 35 15th January 2017 11:08
BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh Aditya The Indian Car Scene 28 29th September 2015 12:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks