Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2013, 13:45   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
As a passing mention, there was another thread about an Audi catching fire in Mumbai on the sea link. Look at the catastrophic failure rate of such expensive cars vis-a-vis their sales figures. Is German engineering really worth the trouble ? I would prefer a home grown brand, which is pointed out for minor niggles. At least a known devil is better than an unknown angel.
Hi buddy, I agree to your last sentence. However you also will agree with me to an extent on the fact that whether its Nano, Esteem, Indica or even a Merc they are also very much prone to catching fire. I guess if you point out on a specific brand's engineering then i guess its slightly biased as ultimately all are machines.

Eg: You may have seen shattered windshields of maruti vehicles, tata vehicles and others too just because they stood under sun so is it ok to point out that a specific brand does not pay importance to use good quality windshield?

AD
ad3952n is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 14:17   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 1,003 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear SAS,
......

Asking you OT, If the remote control of your AC is not working because of a fault Will you ask the dealer to replace the entire AC for a NEW one because of it? And will you also convince others using that brand to support you and ask for replacement with a NEW AC?

Thanks
Well I would definitely ask for a new AC if the compressor goes bad. As others have said, engine replacement with refurbished/TD engine is not some thing an owner would relish, as for all purpose that would reduce the resale value (of an already high depreciating vehicle) further.
Aroy is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 14:25   #123
BHPian
 
midazolam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new delhi
Posts: 42
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

Asking you OT, If the remote control of your AC is not working because of a fault Will you ask the dealer to replace the entire AC for a NEW one because of it? And will you also convince others using that brand to support you and ask for replacement with a new AC

Thanks
Sir, seriously are you comparing engine failure in a 2 year old AUDI in the middle of a highway with a remote control failure in an AC?

And even if we compare, tell me sir, what would you do if the compressor of your 'premium brand' AC fails up on you in the middle of peak summer season? And then you get shoddy treatment from the company, with them blaming you for the failure. Wouldn't you be really mad?
midazolam is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 14:34   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

@Aroy, I totally understand that the re-sale shall be hampered with a engine replacement but dont you think asking a for a new vehicle shall be a illogical decision because if Audi may consider his demand for once let's say then it would be a wrong precedence as after this every other owner will stand outside Audi showroom for a new replacement vehicle even if the headlight of it fuses. And many members here agree on this forum that new vehicle demand is in-correct.

You also pointed out that it is a high-depreciation car so I also would like to quote Czech brand is also high depreciation with low re-sale and the cars of this brand are too high maintenance so is it ok if every other owner starts asking for new replacements just at any tech/mech/electrical issue?

AD
ad3952n is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 14:44   #125
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
@Aroy, I totally understand that the re-sale shall be hampered with a engine replacement but dont you think asking a for a new vehicle shall be a illogical decision because if Audi may consider his demand for once let's say then it would be a wrong precedence as after this every other owner will stand outside Audi showroom for a new replacement vehicle even if the headlight of it fuses. And many members here agree on this forum that new vehicle demand is in-correct.

You also pointed out that it is a high-depreciation car so I also would like to quote Czech brand is also high depreciation with low re-sale and the cars of this brand are too high maintenance so is it ok if every other owner starts asking for new replacements just at any tech/mech/electrical issue?

AD
Hey AD. you seem like an informed guy.
Any idea of the procedure to change the chassis/engine number on the registration of a car in which an engine has been replaced ?
Bluebeem is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 14:53   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Hey AD. you seem like an informed guy.
Any idea of the procedure to change the chassis/engine number on the registration of a car in which an engine has been replaced ?
Hi buddy, the technicalities of updating the engine number on RC of the subject vehicle is done through the dealer after being informed on the same by the parent company alongwith the regional RTO. The exact details can be furnished at the best from the subject car's manufacturing plant.

AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
tell me sir, what would you do if the compressor of your 'premium brand' AC fails up on you in the middle of peak summer season? And then you get shoddy treatment from the company, with them blaming you for the failure. Wouldn't you be really mad?
OT, My dear mate, If my so called "premium" AC mal-functions in the peak season after being periodically serviced at A.S.S then I shall get it rectified and even if its a "manufacturing defect" that got known to me after using it for 2 good years then as a sensible human i wont doubt the brand and amicably settle for a new compressor. After all be it a car/Ac or any machine it cannot be 100% error-free inspite of high-end technology and best of the conditions.

My friend, You must be aware of cars getting rusted within 2-3 year of purchase, Now if the water of that area is corrosive then will one go to the car dealer and ask for a new one stating that the body-shell is made of sub-
standard material?

AD

Last edited by Eddy : 24th August 2013 at 17:22. Reason: Merged
ad3952n is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 15:15   #127
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

Hi buddy, the technicalities of updating the engine number on RC of the subject vehicle is done through the dealer after being informed on the same by the parent company alongwith the regional RTO. The exact details can be furnished at the best from the subject car's manufacturing plant.

AD
Just spoke to the local AUDI dealer. He said I need to contact the RTO directly and get this done. The Dealer will only give me an invoice for the new engine as a proof. That's all the help they'll be able to provide.
Just FYI. it's a long drawn procedure for which you'll have to visit the RTO multiple times stand in ques etc.

Not to mention the owner will have to take a hit of at least 3-4 lacs on an Audi A4 's resale when the buyer finds out the engine was replaced.

Will audi compensate the customer for the loss in resale value ? Will audi compensate the customer for all the time energy and money spent on changing the registration? I don't think so !

Let's not compare situations where people with faulty air conditioning or fused headlights will start queuing up to replace the car. A failed AC or a Fused headlight is not the same thing as replacing the engine of the car my friend. It's apples and oranges.

Just FYI here's a thread of the BMW 520d owner who got his engine replaced. I urge you to see what kind of problems he's going through after the replacement including the fact that he's having a hard time changing the registration of the car !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-failure.html (Horrible BMW 520d ownership experience. Many issues, including brake failure!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Aha! I better understand what BlueBeem was trying to say.
Hope I answered your query now

Last edited by Eddy : 24th August 2013 at 17:23. Reason: Merged
Bluebeem is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 15:22   #128
BHPian
 
SASproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mountain View
Posts: 26
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear SAS,

We all here at this forum are not discussing this issue like its done by legal institutions. Hence we do not want to address either of the involved parties as "victim" or "accused". Its an intellectual discussion where in counter statements are put forward according to what a particular member thinks on it. Secondly, We are not into class rigidity and in no ways believe the owner to be uneducated. Its just that him demands seems unreasonable to us inspite of the offer made from Audi to him.

Totally agree. I dont affirm with his demands. My point mainly revolves around the assumptions being made about him because of his background.

Lastly, I believe before being a member of any automotive forum we all are common, day-to-day motorists first and in case if the vehicle in question had been owned by a bhpian still in no ways he/she would have ever sought for a new vehicle just because of a mechanical fault. I agree its a serious matter but in no ways does it require to be dealt in such a unreasonable fashion as it is done from his end.

If one does not trust service people to be able to perform a heart transplant, then it is not that unreasonable. Personally I would say an engine replacement at the factory would be ok.

Asking you OT, If the remote control of your AC is not working because of a fault Will you ask the dealer to replace the entire AC for a NEW one because of it? And will you also convince others using that brand to support you and ask for replacement with a NEW AC?

I would not. But then different things have different functions, with different critical importance. An AC does not take my family out on an highway at 80 Kmph. So naturally I will be less concerned about its well being.

Secondly are you saying that the remote in an AC is equally important to an engine in an automobile?

Sorry for getting worked up on this. But wrong comparison in my opinion.


AD

# P.S: We all here are enlightened and acknowledged people here just like you so humbly request you to avoid derogatory words like "idiot" etc. It does not go well with forum's culture. Dont be offended.

We must have different standards. Will refrain from using the word henceforth.

Thanks
Answers in bold. This conversation is getting a little off topic. Sorry if I have offended you.
SASproject is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 15:31   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Just spoke to the local AUDI dealer. He said I need to contact the RTO directly and get this done. The Dealer will only give me an invoice for the new engine as a proof. That's all the help they'll be able to provide.
Just FYI. it's a long drawn procedure for which you'll have to visit the RTO multiple times stand in ques etc.

Not to mention the owner will have to take a hit of at least 3-4 lacs on an Audi A4 's resale when the buyer finds out the engine was replaced.

Will audi compensate the customer for the loss in resale value ? Will audi compensate the customer for all the time energy and money spent on changing the registration? I don't think so !
Thanks mate to have informed me on the exact process of updating the engine number on the RC of the vehicle. In case it requires being in touch on regular basis with concerned authorities then I do believe Audi wont shy away from providing necessary assistance to the owner being a respectable brand though i agree it wont go out of the way.

As I earlier mentioned, there are certain brands who also face high depreciation but none of its owners make unreal demands as they have been informed about the future cost structures in prior.

AD

# P.S: Lining Up for vehicle replacements due to minor issues i well understand is inappropriate and beyond logic but still here in our country exceptions in every respect are available in large number.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 15:45   #130
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 23
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Just spoke to the local AUDI dealer. He said I need to contact the RTO directly and get this done. The Dealer will only give me an invoice for the new engine as a proof. That's all the help they'll be able to provide.
The dealer generally wont do it because there is no money/profit in it for him. So if you want the dealer to do it for you, you will either have to be a close friend or he must owe you something. My feeling is that, in this particular case the dealer will take up the responsibility and get the registration changed, given the facts of the case.

Even otherwise, if the dealer refuses to do it, a more practical thing to do is approach the RTO agent of the dealer and ask him to do it. Pay him a couple of thousand bucks and he will be more than willing because this is over and above his monthly salary, and he would have enough contacts in the RTO to get it done. One doesn't exactly need to run from pillar to post.
highonwheelz is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 17:18   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Hello Team, Found a useful piece of Info for Audi Q3 V belt. Its available on Ebay.

Product Code: Audi Poly-V Belt - Genuine Part - 06B260849A

Item condition: Brand New



Price: GBP 15.17
Approximately AU $26.19

Postage: GBP 5.99, AU $ 10.34



Delivery: Estimated between Mon. 2 Sep. and Wed. 4 Sep.

Its for all my mates who have Audis. Hope it is of relevance to my fellow bhpians.

AD
ad3952n is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 18:30   #132
BHPian
 
Thunderbird77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Do take such news with a pinch of salt. Sometimes the customers can be really greedy and foolish too. And I always fail to understand the logic behind statements like " My car costed 30L and hence shouldn't/cannot fail". Please excuse us the melodrama. Its a car at the end of the day with mechanical and electrical parts involved which do fail from time to time. For heaven's sake even Aircrafts and Jets fail for that matter. And honestly speaking if the engine has seized and Audi is offering to replace the whole thing free of charge with maybe extended warranty on the concerned part thrown in then the customer should not deny it.
I disagree with you. In India, the customers are taken for a big ride. Super luxury car makers are no exceptions. When I buy a car for 30 Lakhs, I expect the car to live up to my expectation. If it fails, the manufacturers better address it as they commit. It is good to see the customers stand up to injustice. This will make Audi from stop importing lemons to Indian market.
Thunderbird77 is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 18:31   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Dear SAS,

I just wanted to put forward a more balanced comparison though and hence acknowledge your statement of a slightly absurd comparison. All i wanted to emphasise was the fact that 2 years usage and periodic service at A.S.S still if the vehicle snapped then a deligent and reasonable approach had to be followed instead creating unpleasant heu and cry in which the owner itself seems to be at fault by being on a biased stand and if he is so agitated then for what reason is he agreeing for a new one since its also the same model.

On a logical ground neither the company nor the owner can give it in writting that the new vehicle will be error free since its a machine. Will the owner agree that next time he wont stand up for a new car replacement if the vehicle given this time to him develops a technical snag.

# My friend no offence taken. I am a human and so are you!!

AD
ad3952n is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 18:58   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Re: Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird77 View Post
I disagree with you. In India, the customers are taken for a big ride. Super luxury car makers are no exceptions. When I buy a car for 30 Lakhs, I expect the car to live up to my expectation. If it fails, the manufacturers better address it as they commit. It is good to see the customers stand up to injustice. This will make Audi from stop importing lemons to Indian market.
Hi mate, I too a certain extent agree to drmohitg because what the owner is demanding is making him look unreasonable as for any machine it implies that it cant be 100% error free. Coming to your view, I do know how are the customers over here dealt at A.S.S but thats not the fault of the brand at-large rather it is the mindset of the people who are associated to run the brand here in India.

The Cost of the car does not indicate that it is error proof as rightly said its a machine at end of the day and neither any brand endorses this statement to sell their vehicles because if they did then once the vehicle is purchased then no further investment needed on owner's part except fuel to maintain it neither service networks are to be established by them.

You believe that customer was metted out injustice on his car then why is he so adament to replace it with same model and same brand. Why is he giving a repeat booking of a Q5? Why did he pay for it? His stand of a new vehicle after running his car for 2 years is justified?

Also its not a hard and fast rule that the vehicle however expensive it may be is bound to give anybody 100% satisfaction at all times.

AD
ad3952n is offline  
Old 24th August 2013, 19:20   #135
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,624 Times
Default Re: Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird77 View Post
I disagree with you. In India, the customers are taken for a big ride. Super luxury car makers are no exceptions. When I buy a car for 30 Lakhs, I expect the car to live up to my expectation. If it fails, the manufacturers better address it as they commit. It is good to see the customers stand up to injustice. This will make Audi from stop importing lemons to Indian market.
What are your expectations of your 30L car? That its parts are made of some rare metal and would never fail? That it would never need any part change or service? Audi is willing to change the defective part on the customers car. Where is the injustice/taking for a long ride/cheating here? If this is the set norm then from tomorrow every one would start demanding a new car for the minutest fault since the perception of the magnitude of the problem is solely based on the individual. My altis had a AC leak diagnosed within 5 months of buying it. I can say that for me its totally unacceptable to see that in a 16L Rs car and hence I want a new car.
drmohitg is online now   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
Are Audis Prone to Electrical failures(lights etc.,) tsk1979 Technical Stuff 46 16th October 2009 19:45
Phones shaped like Audis and BMWs bottle Shifting gears 3 2nd March 2009 18:23
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:48.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks