Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 7th April 2016, 14:23   #316
BHPian

Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

A 80 lakh rupee American Muscle car or a discounted German sedan. I think the Mustang will sell in good numbers initially and then the demand will taper off sharply because it will simply lose it's appeal.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 15:46   #317
BHPian

This is what I got from dutycalculator.com for the prices given in the import details;

Total customs value (CIF): INR1610531.45
This is the amount that customs values your import at
- Duty: INR2033295.96
- Landing Charges: INR16105.31
- Countervailing Duty: INR1117979.82
- CESS: INR94538.27
- Additional Countervailing Duty: INR194898.03
- CEX (Education & Higher Education CESS): INR0.00
Total import duty & taxes due: INR3456817.39
This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
- Product, shipping & insurance: INR1610531.45
Total landed cost: INR5067348.84
This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes
at exchange rate of 100 INR = 1.5 USD

Guys how correct is this calculation and is it at par with our present customs duty rates etc. And can anyone calculate it to the ex-showroom prices?

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 7th April 2016 at 15:47. Reason: errors
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 15:52   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how correct is this calculation and is it at par with our present customs duty rates etc.
This is fairly correct, did you added shipping & Insurance on assessable prices that you see on zauba?
Quote:
can anyone calculate it to the ex-showroom prices?
To calculate Ex- Showroom prices, you need to add :

Clearing & Forwarding charges at Port
Ford India Margins
CST @ 2 % - FORD India bills to Dealers on C Form
Freight from Port / Factory to Dealer
Dealer Margin
VAT - 13-15 %

This should translate to Ex-Showroom price of Rs 65-70 Lac

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th April 2016 at 16:17.
Old 7th April 2016, 16:30   #319

I really feel that a convertible version and an attractive price tag can really take a big chunk of market share from the German rivals like the Z4, SLK and the TT. But my gut feeling is that it's going to be priced at 80-85 lakhs. I do hope that Ford proves me wrong.
Old 7th April 2016, 16:53   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
This is what I got from dutycalculator.com for the prices given in the import details;

Total customs value (CIF): INR1610531.45
If I remember right, CIF should include shipping and insurance too, which will obviously result in much higher customs.
Old 7th April 2016, 21:58   #321
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
I was quite lucky to drive it for the past 2 months as my company rental car while on a trip to US of A. My few bits on this car :
*I drove the 2016 model which had done around 2000 miles when I got it. It is a 3.7L V6 with all the creature comforts including leather upholstery & paddle shifts. I am not sure which variant it is, as the rental agencies have their own customized fleet of cars.
3.7 V6 doesn't come with Leather in 6th Gen so it was probably the 2.3L Turbo 4 with Premium Package. Can you post a pic of the rear? this way I can confirm which Engine it had.
Technocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 00:05   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Truly sad, but you can't blame Ford. They're only following the market.
But some how I'm just not ready to give up. Porsche which went that way realised the potential and brought 911R and Cayman GT4, albeit in small premium numbers. Even Ford got a taste of it through Focus ST & Mustang success in UK - '1st Thousand UK Ford Mustang Buyers Prefer the V8, Manual, Coupe' (source).

And the sadder part is that my generation will have to be content with shifting gears of Figo Diesel to get the taste of the so called Ford driving machine having manual transmission. May be a transmission swap to Mustang? (Too drastic,but aftermarket bolt on parts available) . Money and time being the biggest hindrances. But I will still remain hopeful. Maybe they will bring it in the Mustang GT350R. #SaveTheManuals
Old 8th April 2016, 00:59   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
3.7 V6 doesn't come with Leather in 6th Gen so it was probably the 2.3L Turbo 4 with Premium Package. Can you post a pic of the rear? this way I can confirm which Engine it had.
Yes it is the 2.3L Turbo I4 ecoboost, as you mentioned. Just opened the hood after 2 months..I am because I saw the gauge showing vacuum and boost some weeks ago while fumbling with them. That should have rang a bell. I didn't care to check the engine till today. Thanks. Its fun to drive anyway.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only TWO emoticons permitted per post. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th April 2016 at 10:43. Reason: See note in post
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 03:18   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
A 80 lakh rupee American Muscle car or a discounted German sedan. I think the Mustang will sell in good numbers initially and then the demand will taper off sharply because it will simply lose it's appeal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVsunk View Post
I really feel that a convertible version and an attractive price tag can really take a big chunk of market share from the German rivals like the Z4, SLK and the TT. But my gut feeling is that it's going to be priced at 80-85 lakhs. I do hope that Ford proves me wrong.
The Mustang should not cost 80L! Heck, it shouldn't cost more than 30L!That's just ridiculous pricing IMO. Even here, with our famous "Australia tax" on cars , the GT Fastback manual is $63,200 drive away (Rs. 31.7L at today's conversion). The car is also imported from the US. I just cannot see the appeal of this car if it is priced so high. Yes it is a nice car, but certainly not worth paying 80 plus lakhs for it!
Old 8th April 2016, 04:55   #325
BHPian

Another (bigger) lot comes in!

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-capture.jpg
Senna4Ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 08:39   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's just ridiculous pricing IMO. Even here, with our famous "Australia tax" on cars , the GT Fastback manual is $63,200 drive away (Rs. 31.7L at today's conversion). The car is also imported from the US. I just cannot see the appeal of this car if it is priced so high
Australian taxes are nothing when compared with India, please go back some posts for duty calculations. Trouble is with who should we compare in this segment ? check Toyota India site and prices of LC Prado or LC 200 - you will be like ,

the only large car that I can think, which sells at comparable prices with most of world markets including Australia is new Endeavour - top variant Titanium is about 30 Lac
Quote:
Another (bigger) lot comes in!
That's good , but will these be sufficient for the initial demand ? or are these for Dealer Demo ?

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th April 2016 at 08:41.
Old 8th April 2016, 17:19   #327
BHPian

More Information - The cars will reach the dealership in the month of June. It will be available in the showrooms as well as for the test drives. Deliveries soon after. Who ever wants to buy better book it as soon as the bookings are open. There will be limited cars available during the launch time.
Old 8th April 2016, 23:45   #328
KMT
BHPian

Is there any info on the ground clearance of the India spec Mustang?
Old 9th April 2016, 08:55   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The cars will reach the dealership in the month of June.
But these have been cleared at Customs already , why will they need 2 months to get at showrooms? Even if these are demo one's there's no point sitting on imports at Factory or is there any other reason ?

Quote:
There will be limited cars available during the launch time
Local Ford dealer has also told me same, probably 5-10 allocations per dealer Max. Have they shared any ballpark figures on pricing that you can put here ?

Given the recent aggressive approach of FORD in pricing Endeavour and even reducing pricing of ECO Sport , I believe they will price this aggressively. They have only limited RHD drive markets , overall it simply gives options to someone looking for a sports car over regular Germans & should put pressure on competition as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...car-march.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th April 2016 at 09:01.
Old 11th April 2016, 13:19   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
But these have been cleared at Customs already , why will they need 2 months to get at showrooms? Even if these are demo one's there's no point sitting on imports at Factory or is there any other reason ?

Local Ford dealer has also told me same, probably 5-10 allocations per dealer Max. Have they shared any ballpark figures on pricing that you can put here ?

Given the recent aggressive approach of FORD in pricing Endeavour and even reducing pricing of ECO Sport , I believe they will price this aggressively. They have only limited RHD drive markets , overall it simply gives options to someone looking for a sports car over regular Germans & should put pressure on competition as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...car-march.html
Its because they have started stocking up vehicles. 2 Months is whats gonna take them to stock vehicles. Customs are gonna be cleared as soon it lands in India.
During the launch time they will dispatch these cars all together to the dealers.
Closed Thread