Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 13:28   #331
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,986
Thanked: 2,428 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Customs are gonna be cleared as soon it lands in India.
These units are already cleared from customs, thats the reason that we see these at Zauba.

Do you have any dates when you start taking bookings , I hope prices will be annoyed simultaneously.
Turbanator is offline  
Old 17th April 2016, 12:05   #332
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 58
Thanked: 88 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
These units are already cleared from customs, thats the reason that we see these at Zauba.

Do you have any dates when you start taking bookings , I hope prices will be annoyed simultaneously.
No communication yet. They have asked us not to take bookings for it until the launch. Will post it here whenever I get to know.
ksgehlot is offline  
Old 21st April 2016, 22:12   #333
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 364
Thanked: 452 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Ford Mustang Showcased on the Ford India Website.

A 360 Degree Exterior and Interior Views available.

The Brochure of Ford Mustang can be downloaded from the Website. Gives a feeling that a Launch might be near.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-ford-mustang.jpg  


Last edited by tejas08 : 21st April 2016 at 22:13.
tejas08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 16:52   #334
BHPian
 
sambhav.jain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 73 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Update: - Another batch of 12 cars has been imported into India at the Pipavav port in Gujarat.

This time the cars are in different colours. Total 5 colours. The colours are Race Red, Absolute Black, Magnetic(Gray), Ingot Silver Metallic, Triple Yellow.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-screenshot_20160519163214.jpg  

sambhav.jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:35   #335
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 58
Thanked: 88 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Update: - Another batch of 12 cars has been imported into India at the Pipavav port in Gujarat.

This time the cars are in different colours. Total 5 colours. The colours are Race Red, Absolute Black, Magnetic(Gray), Ingot Silver Metallic, Triple Yellow.
The Magnetic is mine
ksgehlot is offline  
Old 25th May 2016, 11:29   #336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: indore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

No information on the launch date yet? and pricing?
Sad to see that all the cars imported are automatics. manual would have been so much more fun with all that raw power
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 11:52   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 1,495 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
No information on the launch date yet? and pricing?
Sad to see that all the cars imported are automatics. manual would have been so much more fun with all that raw power
As much as I love Manual transmissions, I also think from sales perspective AT is a better bet. As most of the Mustang owners would most probably be people who have a luxury car in their garage already, and would be used to the comfort offered by one - just my guess, but I think it makes sense from the Marketing angle.
aravind.anand is offline  
Old 25th May 2016, 16:45   #338
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: indore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
As much as I love Manual transmissions, I also think from sales perspective AT is a better bet. As most of the Mustang owners would most probably be people who have a luxury car in their garage already, and would be used to the comfort offered by one - just my guess, but I think it makes sense from the Marketing angle.
Since it is just being imported, the option of getting a manual should be there. I dont think it would be too complicated being a CBU.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 17:12   #339
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 1,495 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
Since it is just being imported, the option of getting a manual should be there. I dont think it would be too complicated being a CBU.
You are right in a way - importing a manual should not be a very tough task. But all the hassles a company has to go through for getting a very low volume of an already low volume car ( its a niche sports car! ) homologated is not worth it, I suppose.

If not, don't you think all luxury cars might offer a Manual transmission? at least on their smaller offerings? AFAIK, only Audi offers the Q3 S with a MT stick.
aravind.anand is offline  
Old 26th May 2016, 12:09   #340
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: indore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
You are right in a way - importing a manual should not be a very tough task. But all the hassles a company has to go through for getting a very low volume of an already low volume car ( its a niche sports car! ) homologated is not worth it, I suppose.

If not, don't you think all luxury cars might offer a Manual transmission? at least on their smaller offerings? AFAIK, only Audi offers the Q3 S with a MT stick.
ok that makes sense. but we can never stop praying for manuals.

Q3 is actually the only expensive car to come with an MT. Read somewhere that the new A4 could also get it on the base variant.
But again these would mostly only remain corporate cars. If i was buying an A4 i would want it with Some features even with the MT.
abhinavsureka is offline  
Old 10th June 2016, 09:40   #341
BHPian
 
DuHasstMich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pune,Delhi
Posts: 106
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

So what happened to all these imported units? Are they resting at some stockyard, unwinding from their long journey to India?
Why would they bring in so many and not even do a formal launch and/or handover to the customers?
DuHasstMich is offline  
Old 10th June 2016, 13:12   #342
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 139
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
So what happened to all these imported units? Are they resting at some stockyard, unwinding from their long journey to India?
Why would they bring in so many and not even do a formal launch and/or handover to the customers?

Because they're too few. Apparently we're only getting 89 cars for India this year. And a major chunk has already been unofficially booked my celebs/captains of industry and hotshot ford dealers themselves.

Chances are most of the general public won't even get near these beasts this year.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 16:32   #343
BHPian
 
DuHasstMich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pune,Delhi
Posts: 106
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

That may be true, but have the cars been handed over already?
I doubt it, since the car has not been officially launched.

Why would they bring them in and keep them parked for so long?
DuHasstMich is offline  
Old 14th June 2016, 16:06   #344
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 252
Thanked: 152 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Interesting patent filing by Ford on making artificial engine noise, looks like what you hear is not what you really should be hearing @ https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-might-be-fake
mazda4life is online now  
Old 25th June 2016, 16:38   #345
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 58
Thanked: 88 Times
Default re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Update - The launch is planned for 15th July.
ksgehlot is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs grplr02 Motorbikes 128 11th June 2014 15:21
BMW X1 facelift coming in on Valentines day. EDIT: Launched at 27.9 Lakhs sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 46 22nd February 2013 10:59
ALL RISE! Toyota Landcruiser coming to India EDIT: Launched at 81 lakhs GTO The Indian Car Scene 174 29th April 2012 15:53
Volvo S60 "HOT" and XC60 are coming. EDIT : XC60 launched at 39.50 lakhs ajai_dev The Indian Car Scene 56 19th January 2011 10:41
Honda "Civic Hybrid" coming. EDIT : Now launched @ 21.50 lakhs amit The Indian Car Scene 149 30th September 2008 22:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks