Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Is revision of Ford Ecosport prices so soon after launch an unfair Practice by Ford?
Yes, it is an unfair practice. 368 81.06%
No, it is not an unfair practice 86 18.94%
Voters: 454. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd January 2014, 17:10   #241
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Price revision, an unfair/sharp practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
One of my colleague had booked a Ecoboost at the launch time here in Bangalore and was told six months for delivery. Tired of the wait and multiple extensions he cancelled the booking.

However during his visit to his native recently - Bhuvaneshwar he visited the Ford showroom there and saw ALL the variants available and on display. Here the dealer quoted 2 months delivery for the Ecoboost and my colleague did book it there. The car will be shipped to Chennai from where he can drive down to Bangalore and get it registered.
Please update if he is made to pay the sales tax again to Karnataka state when registering in Bangalore or whether paying the road tax alone is sufficient. I'm not sure of the current rule but there might be some formality needed in this regard.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:22   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Please update if he is made to pay the sales tax again to Karnataka state when registering in Bangalore or whether paying the road tax alone is sufficient. I'm not sure of the current rule but there might be some formality needed in this regard.
I have not asked him the details on this but what I did hear from him was that the car would be delivered with temp registration and shipped to Chennai by the trucks travelling back to the plant. He intends to pick it up from there and drive down to Bangalore and get it registered.
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:38   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
I have not asked him the details on this but what I did hear from him was that the car would be delivered with temp registration and shipped to Chennai by the trucks travelling back to the plant. He intends to pick it up from there and drive down to Bangalore and get it registered.
You can ask him to check about the sales tax angle. AFAIK, the AP RTO site used to mention that if someone is transferring the registration of a car that is less than 2 years old, they need to pay some 8-9% sales tax in addition to the road tax. Don't know if it is still the case and whether it is required in Bangalore. If that is the case, the whole exercise might end up with a huge dent in your friend's wallet if he is required to pay sales tax in 2 different states.

This is usually put in place by most states to ensure people don't buy cars from the nearby state/union territories where the ex-showroom price is lesser and then register it in the state without giving the state its share of revenue by sales tax.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 17:06   #244
BHPian

Just received a call from Ford India (no: 040 45459393). The lady asked me if I've received any letter from Ford stating the possible delivery date (read month). As I haven't received any letter so far, I asked about the possible delivery date and she conveyed I would receive the vehicle only in Dec 2014.

She also asked me if I would like to consider other cars from Ford and I eagerly asked her about Fiesta 2014 and she vaguely replied to get in touch with dealer for more info on that.

Background:
1. Booked EcoSport Trend TDCi variant on 21st October with a waiting period of 4-5 months.

2. On 4th December upgraded my booking to Titanium TDCi and the waiting period was 8 months, but effectively my wait time would be 7 months.

My concern is, if people who booked in July 2013 are getting deliveries in Jan 2014 (7 months), why Oct 2013 deliveries will extend till Dec 2014 (15 months)

Only good thing is that there will be no cancellation charges!

I seriously hope other manufactures announce something as good as EcoSport in coming Auto Expo
Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 17:13   #245
Senior - BHPian

I think i might need to upgrade my car around second quarter of 2015.
Now is the time to book the Ecosport it seems !
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 21:01   #246
BHPian

1 year wait list for a Car is ridiculous, no matter how good and efficient the vehicle is. Ford is seriously losing hundreds of customers due to this notion.
Hope they divert few export orders to domestic market.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote