BHPian

Default Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*

Introducing the new LINEA CLASSIC
tagline:longest car in its price segment
Attached Images

nskumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskumar View Post
Fantastic catch. More details please.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskumar View Post
Happy to see that there dont seem to be any external visual differences from the current Linea.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

The one in the picture posted above isnt the classic Linea. Its the regular and existing Linea. I heard from some Chennai folks that they werent able to get the classic one for display :d

So, we need to wait a bit more time for the official pictures.

Simple pointer is alloys in the picture. A stripped down version with reduced cost and possible 75hp tune in motor, I dont think they would provide alloys.
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

They put this up on their Facebook page yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-557162_737192269628769_391052423_n.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
The one in the picture posted above isnt the classic Linea. Its the regular and existing Linea. I heard from some Chennai folks that they werent able to get the classic one for display :d

So, we need to wait a bit more time for the official pictures.

Simple pointer is alloys in the picture. A stripped down version with reduced cost and possible 75hp tune in motor, I dont think they would provide alloys.
Thanks for the info.

I think the top variant of the Linea Classic may still have alloys. Though it is likely they will be 15inch ones, while the ones in the pic above are the 16inch alloys.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

^ Yes, I feel very confused about the picture they posted yesterday on their Facebook. Is it only the Classic version of Linea or is there more to it is what is running in my mind. If they surprise us with a 1.6MJD, the whole automotive community may be happy and surely shutterbugs click

Julupani: If thats the case, it would be excellent. It would be a good option in market.

Last edited by funkykar : 23rd September 2013 at 10:59.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Can anyone let me know if the price of a car is also dependent on its power output, apart from cubic capacity, length, ground clearance etc?
Yes, it does, that's how manufacturers price it globally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Anway, what I was saying was sell the Linea classic with the current range of engines - 1.3L VGT 92bhp diesel & 114bhp TJet & launch the 2014 Linea with a 1.6MJD 120bhp unit and the 1.4L TJet with 150bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The kind of market FIAT is looking at for the Linea Classic, the 114hp Tjet engine will be complete overkill.
Just for the sake of numbers, T-Jet makes 114 PS, and that translates to 112.4 BHP to be exact. It does not make 114 BHP. Though we do use PS and BHP interchangeably, even if it's not exactly correct - in real world however, it does not make any difference at all, those additional 2 horses. AFAIK, HP and BHP are used interchangeably, though. Slightly on my part!

Last edited by Tats07 : 23rd September 2013 at 11:02.
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:18   #9
BHPian

I have a feeling that Fiat might bowl a googly and do the opposite of what Ford did by naming the new Linea with new interiors as Linea Classic otherwise there is no reason for anybody to be taking photos.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well i hope so and they dont plonk the same wheels onto the classic and make all their cars - Classic , New & T-Jet end up looking identical barring a descriptor badge at the back.

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I think the top variant of the Linea Classic may still have alloys. Though it is likely they will be 15inch ones, while the ones in the pic above are the 16inch alloys.
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Well i hope so and they dont plonk the same wheels onto the classic and make all their cars - Classic , New & T-Jet end up looking identical barring a descriptor badge at the back.
I guess in the future, it may be that the Linea Classic will have only 15inch wheel, possible alloys on some variants, and the new Linea will have only 16inch wheels, possible alloys on all variants but different designs.

And with the way the engines will utilised, I dont think the Tjet will be a special engine option for the new Linea. It will be the stock petrol engine. So there wont be a "Classic, New & Tjet", it will only be a "Classic & New".
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Lets see what they finally bring. Mentioning the T-Jet specifically was not to imply that i was suggesting there would be 3 versions available , sorry for creating that confusion, - but more so from the point that as it is now by offering the same alloys and wheels there is little differentiation even between the T-Jet and the normal Linea right now.

earlier the turbine design / 16 inches was limited to the T-Jet and now its available across.

Quote:
I guess in the future, it may be that the Linea Classic will have only 15inch wheel, possible alloys on some variants, and the new Linea will have only 16inch wheels, possible alloys on all variants but different designs.

And with the way the engines will utilised, I dont think the Tjet will be a special engine option for the new Linea. It will be the stock petrol engine. So there wont be a "Classic, New & Tjet", it will only be a "Classic & New".
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:12   #13

Fiat confirms that it is launching the Linea Classic on 25th September. The car will have shorter list of equipment and as reported the engine will be tuned for less power. Linea is great car and the price tag was a genuine problem with the vehicle. With festival season round the corner, tets see how market reacts to the Fiat's move.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantonil View Post
Fiat confirms that it is launching the Linea Classic on 25th September. The car will have shorter list of equipment and as reported the engine will be tuned for less power. Linea is great car and the price tag was a genuine problem with the vehicle. With festival season round the corner, tets see how market reacts to the Fiat's move.
We would appreciate if you have a source of reference for the information. There are definitely many takers for linea if they price it right.
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:21   #15
BHPian

Fiat India facebook:is it for Linea classic?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiat-india.jpg  

nskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread