Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 13:38   #181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Gentlemen,

I have just booked a Shadow Blue Vento TSI. I. Am. Happy.
Hey Congrats! Can you tell us how much is the waiting period and the Pune costing? Thanks!
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 13:43   #182
BHPian
 
pats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Gentlemen,

I have just booked a Shadow Blue Vento TSI. I. Am. Happy.
Please share the on road price for Pune registration.
pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 14:03   #183
BHPian
 
amitg79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 353
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey Congrats! Can you tell us how much is the waiting period and the Pune costing? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Please share the on road price for Pune registration.
On road Pune is approx. 11.47 lakhs including extended warranty of 11,000/-.

I have been given a waiting period of 2-3 weeks, as the Shadow Blue colour is not in their (BU Bhandari) stock. Pepper grey and Terra beige are readily available.
amitg79 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 22:52   #184
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,188 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post

On road Pune is approx. 11.47 lakhs including extended warranty of 11,000/-.
Wow that'sa lakh and a half more than what I paid for the gen 1 Vento AT. What is the like-to-like price comparo with the latest non Tsi/non Dsg variant?
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 23:04   #185
BHPian
 
amitg79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 353
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Wow that'sa lakh and a half more than what I paid for the gen 1 Vento AT. What is the like-to-like price comparo with the latest non Tsi/non Dsg variant?
The normal highline AT is just 6000 Rs less. It will be 11.41 OTR Pune (with extended warranty), as per the price list I have. There may be discounts, though.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 08:31   #186
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 325
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
The normal highline AT is just 6000 Rs less. It will be 11.41 OTR Pune (with extended warranty), as per the price list I have. There may be discounts, though.
No discounts on the tsi as per my booking - if anyone gets a good deal, please do post it asap.
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 09:24   #187
BHPian
 
amitg79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 353
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
No discounts on the tsi as per my booking - if anyone gets a good deal, please do post it asap.
Correct. Absolutely zero discounts on the TSI. I was talking about the old 1.6 AT which is still available.
amitg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 15:17   #188
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 991
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
What launch is VW boasting off. I went to the VW Showroom in South extension today and they were so disinterested in talking to me about the TSI. The salesman told me that the car has not come to the showroom. So i asked when is it expected since its been launched and it should have been here. He tells me i dont know, we have no information. I ask him if they have a Polo TSI for me to test drive? He tells me no sir we have the diesel one, and you will have to wait for 45 minutes as it has gone for refueling. Absolute Nonsense!!
I dont know if VW is serious about India? We bought my brothers Vento 2 years back from a North Delhi dealer and his attitude was the same, if not worse. Go to the showroom at Mohan Cooperative and you will get the same third class treatment.
So i made yet another effort to go see a TSI Vento. I was passing by the VW City Point Showroom in Gurgaon and i decided to go and see the car, if not test drive it.
I enter the showroom (swanky like an Audi one) and see many executives/salesman sitting around, walking around, chit chatting. No one bothers to greet me. I walk upto the recpeption and ask the lady about the TSI Vento. She tells me to wait for 2 minutes. After about 7-8, she walks upto an executive who guides her to another one and that one for some reason does not want to attend to me and keeps fiddling with a music system on display in the accessories section. Finally after 10 minutes one fool walks upto me. I tell him i want to test drive a Vento TSI DSG. He asks me to wait. He goes somewhere and comes back to ask the receptionist.. Chaaabi kaha hai gaadi kee ? she says something back and now he's looking through a bunch of keys in a drawer only to tell me that the Polo has gone for a test drive !! I get super annoyed and i tell him that i want to test drive the Vento not the Polo. He now starts grinning and says woh ton 10-12 din baad aayegee (almost expecting me to apologize for wasting his time). Abhi toh launch hui hai. Now i have wasted 25 minute in this stupid place, so i ask him to offer me a Polo Test Drive as the 2 have the same engine and gearbox. He tells me that they are different cars and i wont get the feel of a Vento driving the Polo. I tell him that i will get an idea of the car and i want to test drive it when it returns. He again walks off and comes back to tell me that the Polo has gone to Bhikaji Cama Place in Delhi. Wont return today !! Now im super angry. I tell him to not bother with any pleasantries. He now keeps going on like a tape recorder, Sir i will arrange for a test drive tomorrow, dont worry sir, will be there tomorrow.. I keep walking away, he doesnt bother asking me my address and thats that.

I have my doubts about the Vento being launched in North India at all.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 18:15   #189
BHPian
 
Tats07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 357
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Has any member, till date, got a test drive of Vento TSI anywhere in India?!

The best response to such stupid behaviour from dealers is to stop all enquiries, till VW comes calling for test drives.
Tats07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 18:31   #190
BHPian
 
pats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

I had called VW Downtown in Prabhadevi last Friday to check about the test drive and they called me today afternoon and mentioned that the Vento TSI is in display at the showroom but no TD cars have been received yet.
pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 19:37   #191
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,188 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post

The normal highline AT is just 6000 Rs less. It will be 11.41 OTR Pune (with extended warranty), as per the price list I have. There may be discounts, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post

Correct. Absolutely zero discounts on the TSI. I was talking about the old 1.6 AT which is still available.
No way they will have any offtake of the old variant at that price! This reinforces my opinion that the TSi Vento is sheer value for money. Hope the dsg box issues have been resolved though.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 23:06   #192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 325
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
So i made yet another effort to go see a TSI Vento. I was passing by the VW City Point Showroom in Gurgaon and i decided to go and see the car, if not test drive it. I enter the showroom (swanky like an Audi one) and see many executives/salesman sitting around, walking around, chit chatting. No one bothers to greet me. I walk upto the recpeption and ask the lady about the TSI Vento. She tells me to wait for 2 minutes. After about 7-8, she walks upto an executive who guides her to another one and that one for some reason does not want to attend to me and keeps fiddling with a music system on display in the accessories section. Finally after 10 minutes one fool walks upto me. I tell him i want to test drive a Vento TSI DSG. He asks me to wait. He goes somewhere and comes back to ask the receptionist.. Chaaabi kaha hai gaadi kee ? she says something back and now he's looking through a bunch of keys in a drawer only to tell me that the Polo has gone for a test drive !! I get super annoyed and i tell him that i want to test drive the Vento not the Polo. He now starts grinning and says woh ton 10-12 din baad aayegee (almost expecting me to apologize for wasting his time). Abhi toh launch hui hai. Now i have wasted 25 minute in this stupid place, so i ask him to offer me a Polo Test Drive as the 2 have the same engine and gearbox. He tells me that they are different cars and i wont get the feel of a Vento driving the Polo. I tell him that i will get an idea of the car and i want to test drive it when it returns. He again walks off and comes back to tell me that the Polo has gone to Bhikaji Cama Place in Delhi. Wont return today !! Now im super angry. I tell him to not bother with any pleasantries. He now keeps going on like a tape recorder, Sir i will arrange for a test drive tomorrow, dont worry sir, will be there tomorrow.. I keep walking away, he doesnt bother asking me my address and thats that. I have my doubts about the Vento being launched in North India at all.
Vento tsi is very much available . I've already seen the pepper grey version in the same dealership in gurgaon. And my shadow blue tsi will be delivered on 27th.

VW guys have always been very courteous to me... Just ask for Rukhsana and mention my name Jishnu for TD. Vento tsi not yet available for TD. But before you blame Vw for not keeping a TD vehicle for a slow selling vehicle, try any Hyundai dealership in Ncr for a verna crdi at test drive. Believe me, it'll be an eye opener
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 00:40   #193
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

I booked the Vento TSI (Blue) on Monday. Luckily they had the colour I wanted in the first batch of vehicles that had arrived. No nasty experiences with the South Mumbai dealers at Prabhadevi. They were kind enough to hold on to my colour even before I had confirmed. There is no test drive available for the Vento TSI yet, and the salesperson estimated it might take another month or 2 before they would get a test drive vehicle, since that is what happened when the Polo GT launched as well. They also informed me, off the record, that they are sharing a single Polo GT test drive vehicle between multiple showrooms across South Mumbai, so availability is a problem in most places.

Personally, I was sold a hundred percent after the test drive of the Polo, but space shortage at the rear forced me to go for the Vento TSI. The power is instantaneous. Personally, I am a big Honda City fan, having owned it for the past 5 years. The TSI however is in a league of it's own. Like I mentioned above, the test drive will stand witness to my statements.

Estimated time of Delivery is this Friday or Saturday. Can't wait.
ahmadnaik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 13:19   #194
BHPian
 
stumpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Coimbatore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Just thought I'd share the details from VW Whitefield Bangalore (Apple Auto).

Ex Showroom: 10,17,777
Road Tax: 1,92,054
Insurance: 41,389
Handling Charges: 8,000
DA Economy: 10,339
Onroad: 12,69,599

NOTE: Insurance, I'm going to shop elsewhere.

For giggles wanted to check the loan pricing with SBI for maximum available loan. Thought this may be of interest for folks as my payment is 50% down and isn't relevant to me directly. (Note the ROI and finance details may vary and given after the approval of the bank)


Loan Amount: 10,78,000
Tenure: 60 Months 84 Months
EMI: 23,230 18,210 (@10.55 Floating with reducing
Balance) *No penalty for
early payment*
DownPayment: 1,91,599
Processing Fee: 500
Stamp Charges: 1,400

Hope this helps folks.
stumpz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 13:29   #195
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 7,936 Times
Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Just thought I'd share the details from VW Whitefield Bangalore (Apple Auto).

Ex Showroom: 10,17,777
Road Tax: 1,92,054
Insurance: 41,389
Handling Charges: 8,000
DA Economy: 10,339
Onroad: 12,69,599

NOTE: Insurance, I'm going to shop elsewhere.



Loan Amount: 10,78,000
Tenure: 60 Months 84 Months
EMI: 23,230 18,210 (@10.55 Floating with reducing
Balance) *No penalty for
early payment*


Hope this helps folks.
Thank you for the information. From a couple of posts above Pune OTR is 11.4 Lakhs and Bangalore is 12.7 Did not know that there is such a big difference.

If you do not mind I had a few questions:
  • Do you know, if for the SBI Loan Part Pre-payment is allowed? Or is it only full prepayment?
  • If I am not mistaken, you had booked the Polo TSI. Have you switched over to the Vento? Any new information on Polo TSI waiting times.
  • Do they have a Vento TSI TD car at Apple Auto
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs Abhinav667 The Indian Car Scene 239 10th April 2013 19:57
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34
VW Passat 1.8 TSI Vs Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI ivar1951 The Indian Car Scene 21 14th April 2010 19:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks