Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th January 2014, 11:52   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Visited the Volkswagen Mumbai West showroom yesterday.
SA confirmed no change whatsoever in the 2014 model
2014 models have already been dispatched and delivery will start soon
Booking amount 50000 refundable and delivery is promised by mid Feb
No TD vehicle available which is not a surprise. I have driven the Polo TSI so I am sure it's not going to be much of a difference
They are going to get back to me with the final offer on Monday and if it's within my budget will book one immediately.
Is there a price increase for the 2014 model? Read some news articles which indicated a price increase across the range.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 14:26   #362
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Is there a price increase for the 2014 model? Read some news articles which indicated a price increase across the range.
Forgot to mention in my previous post. They are expecting a price rise of around 2.5 % But the best part is the dealer will absorb a price rise upto 20000
crazyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 14:41   #363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post
19.31 on a highway stretch seems too good to be true; but my fuel receipts can't lie
8.61 on commute is acceptable (Bangalore folks will empathize; BTM/Silk board/ORR)
Yes 19 kms on highway too good to be true for a petrol TSi & 8.61 kms on commute WITHOUT AC is worse than my 15 yr old Fiat Uno. Something is surely not right.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 13:59   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post
2800+ Kms; quick FE update (measurement method - tankful to tankful)
I am a lazy foot driver (mostly) ; the highway trips had 2.5+1 or 3.5+1 passengers

19.31 on a highway stretch seems too good to be true; but my fuel receipts can't lie
8.61 on commute is acceptable (Bangalore folks will empathize; BTM/Silk board/ORR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Yes 19 kms on highway too good to be true for a petrol TSi & 8.61 kms on commute WITHOUT AC is worse than my 15 yr old Fiat Uno. Something is surely not right.
I think these numbers are definitely possible. I got a FE of ~17 kmpl on a 400 KM drive which was predominantly 2 lane highways with reasonable traffic and a ghat section. So 19 seems definitely possible if it is a 4 lane highway and when driven with a light foot. In my typical city commute I get between 10-12. But in stretches which involve long waits times and long periods of crawling bumper to bumper traffic, it can go down to the 8-9 kmpl range. In the route Raghu has mentioned (BTM-SilkBoard), I don't think any Petrol sedan will give a good mileage.
Old 20th January 2014, 09:49   #365
BHPian

Yesterday, I did a test drive of both Polo GT TSI and Vento TSI. To me, frankly I did not notice much of difference in terms of power in case of both. Both were simply pleasure to drive. I hv driven other ATs available in the market and this one is way ahead of others in almost every manner I think. Not sure about the mileage though.

In Bangalore Polo GT TSI is 10.20 Lakhs on road (which includes reverse parking camera and navigation assist, costing 31K, which is optional, one leave it if not required).

Vento TSI is 12.87 Lakhs on road.

I m told by the Sales person that, Both of these models have no discounts today. Also, price is expected to jump by 2.5% from today!. For Vento TSI, I was also today, there can not be any price protection and can be delivered in 2 months time. So, whatever be the new price, that would apply. However, for Polo GT TSI, I may get price protection, if I had booked yesterday

Anyway, I was totally unhappy with the space available for the rear seats in case of Polo. After pushing the driver seat back to my comfort, I could not even get into rear seat. So, Polo became absolute no for me. yes, if I were a bachelor and wanted to roam around with my girl friend, I would have definitely considered Polo. Yes, it could be fine for a couple with a small kid.

So, Vento TSI is an obvious choice for me, which did not disappoint me in terms of power and drive.

Now, the problem I see is, if they increase the price by further 2.5%, then it would cross 13 Lakhs (13.3 - 13.5 L) barrier. Would that make sense?
I don't know how Honda City 2014 AT is going to be and how much less that would cost. Would it make sense to wait for City AT test drive and pricing? Not sure how long the waiting period for City would be also :(
I also looked at Renault Scala CVT which is priced 12.84L on road as compared to 12.87L OTR for TSI. For me, Vento TSI with out any doubts between the two. TSI is Clear winner there.
I m almost sold on the way DSG behaves on TSI, but City's CVT also seems to be in close competition to TSI according to powerdrift review. So, bit confused :(

One thing that helped me yesterday at VW palace road, bangalore is, that the sales engineer told me that price can not be protected for Vento TSI. Otherwise, I would have even booked Since, Honda CVT is around the corner, I would have a look at it before nailing on one.
Hope that makes sense!
ssbshankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 11:41   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post

Vento TSI is 12.87 Lakhs on road.

Anyway, I was totally unhappy with the space available for the rear seats in case of Polo. After pushing the driver seat back to my comfort, I could not even get into rear seat. So, Polo became absolute no for me. yes, if I were a bachelor and wanted to roam around with my girl friend, I would have definitely considered Polo. Yes, it could be fine for a couple with a small kid.

So, Vento TSI is an obvious choice for me, which did not disappoint me in terms of power and drive.

Now, the problem I see is, if they increase the price by further 2.5%, then it would cross 13 Lakhs (13.3 - 13.5 L) barrier. Would that make sense?
I don't know how Honda City 2014 AT is going to be and how much less that would cost. Would it make sense to wait for City AT test drive and pricing? Not sure how long the waiting period for City would be also :(
I also looked at Renault Scala CVT which is priced 12.84L on road as compared to 12.87L OTR for TSI. For me, Vento TSI with out any doubts between the two. TSI is Clear winner there.
I m almost sold on the way DSG behaves on TSI, but City's CVT also seems to be in close competition to TSI according to powerdrift review. So, bit confused :(

One thing that helped me yesterday at VW palace road, bangalore is, that the sales engineer told me that price can not be protected for Vento TSI. Otherwise, I would have even booked Since, Honda CVT is around the corner, I would have a look at it before nailing on one.
Hope that makes sense!
Actually the Vento TSI 12.87 Quote is including the 30K Camera + Navigation which is optional (as you mentioned). Without that the current OTR is 12.57L.

The Honda City prices are already announced. The CVT comes in 2 variants, the SV and VX. SV will cost between 11.5-12L OTR Bangalore and the VX will cost ~14L OTR Bangalore. On the previous page, I think there is a list of features missing in SV as compared to the Vento. VX pretty much has everything and then some more.

Link to post in previous page
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3339283 (VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs)

The team-bhp review of the CVT City is very detailed and balanced. If you have not read it, suggest you to have a look and see if it helps resolve the confusion.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 20th January 2014 at 11:45.
Old 20th January 2014, 11:50   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
VX pretty much has everything and then some more.
IMO, the availability of ESP and better tyres are a big plus for the Vento TSI. On the other side, lack of extended warranty is a downer.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 13:06   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
IMO, the availability of ESP and better tyres are a big plus for the Vento TSI. On the other side, lack of extended warranty is a downer.
Agree. And also the Hill-Hold feature. Found it very convenient. Just noticed that this is not there on the City CVT. On the extended warranty, I had visited the showroom couple of days back and enquired about it. The SA confirmed that it will definitely be made available and will be done 'soon'. Unfortunately no timeline for the 'soon'. He said once launched all Vento and Polo TSI customers will be informed and they can purchase the extended warranty.

This is pretty much what he said when I purchased also. Need to wait and see.
Old 20th January 2014, 15:50   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Agree. And also the Hill-Hold feature. Found it very convenient. Just noticed that this is not there on the City CVT. On the extended warranty, I had visited the showroom couple of days back and enquired about it. The SA confirmed that it will definitely be made available and will be done 'soon'. Unfortunately no timeline for the 'soon'. He said once launched all Vento and Polo TSI customers will be informed and they can purchase the extended warranty.

This is pretty much what he said when I purchased also. Need to wait and see.
Yes !! i too got the same response from the customer service of VW India when i had mailed them regarding the extended warranty.
They replied saying owners will be intimated through the dealers.
atlantis0965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 10:49   #370
BHPian

Hi Folks

It looks like the 2014 VIN Vento, Tsi deliveries have started. My shadow blue is yet to arrive but i got a call from VW Mount Road that if I want it urgently they have a white ready.

Regards
Shortsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 11:09   #371
BHPian

Finally booked Pepper Grey TSI.
I was lucky to get 2013 discounts since one of my friend who had booked the TSI in December cancelled his booking and they transferred that booking in my name.
No discounts whatsoever are offered on 2014 bookings.
Since the original booking was from December I got one allocated in the first batch itself. It will reach the showroom in 10 days or so.
crazyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 11:54   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
Hi Folks

It looks like the 2014 VIN Vento, Tsi deliveries have started. My shadow blue is yet to arrive but i got a call from VW Mount Road that if I want it urgently they have a white ready.

Regards
yes !
i'll be taking delivery of my black vento tsi (2014 vin) this thursday or friday... my first choice was black and then had it changed to shadow blue by family.
then earlier this month got the option to change to black ... so went ahead and now black it is

surprising thing though is they said they are allotted only 2 tsi cars per month ?
Old 21st January 2014, 13:05   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
yes !
i'll be taking delivery of my black vento tsi (2014 vin) this thursday or friday... my first choice was black and then had it changed to shadow blue by family.
then earlier this month got the option to change to black ... so went ahead and now black it is

surprising thing though is they said they are allotted only 2 tsi cars per month ?
cgrats!!!

hope you have checked the PDI checklist. Also do let me know your experiences in delivery and for the benefit of others who take delivery after you ,anything we need to be aware of?

Also are you going for any upgradation of the stereo/reverse parking unit?

cheers
Old 21st January 2014, 16:28   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
cgrats!!!

hope you have checked the PDI checklist. Also do let me know your experiences in delivery and for the benefit of others who take delivery after you ,anything we need to be aware of?

Also are you going for any upgradation of the stereo/reverse parking unit?

cheers
hey shortsell
yes will surely put up notes regarding the delivery experience; so far the experience with the dealership has been pretty good; in fact i was hoping to take delivery today but the loan department in HDFC is delaying things for reasons best known to them

i have a few quotes for the blaupunkt philadelphia 835 with the reverse camera setup; will decide upon it after a few days with the car.

i might also change the tyres and the headlamps since i have not read/heard too many flattering views about the OEM. Anyway will take the call only after driving the car around for sometime.

Any updates as to when your shadow blue colour is expected?
Old 21st January 2014, 17:25   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
i have a few quotes for the blaupunkt philadelphia 835 with the reverse camera setup; will decide upon it after a few days with the car. i might also change the tyres and the headlamps since i have not read/heard too many flattering views about the OEM. Anyway will take the call only after driving the car around for sometime. Any updates as to when your shadow blue colour is expected?
I was told that 2 blue and one grey is expected by month end. Do check the status of warranty and extended warranty (once they launch) in case we change to blaupunkt. I know it shouldn't matter but I'm still yet to hear it from VW officially.
I'm keen on 835 too. See if we can get a discount on two orders. Haha.