Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th March 2014, 19:02   #436

Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Got a message from VW Palace Cross. Extended warranty for Vento TSI for 3rd and 4th year is Rs 17,566/-
raghu_blr is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 19:58   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

I am not sure the dealer is quoting correctly.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-374216.aspx/4
I'm not sure if the article reflects the ground reality. I enquired with all 3 dealers in Chennai and they were all on the same page on ex-showroom. May be VW decided to pass on a smaller benefit by internally hiking once more!?

Anyway no point in having a buyer's remorse now
Shortsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 14:33   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
When you paid this?

I just got performa invoice from VW dealer, bangalore. it says extended warranty is Rs.17556
I paid this in last week of October 2013 and took delivery of my car on November 1, 2013. It took 6-7 weeks for the extended warranty documents to arrive.
dnahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 16:46   #439
BHPian

Hey guys, i am thinking about buying a new car for daily use.It must be an automatic.
So i am confused between the polo gt and vent tsi.
Can someone tell me the differences between the two.
I would like a responsive quick shift car which can be relaxing on the highway as well as tackle the ghats as i would be travelling to ooty quite often.
Fuel economy is also a major thing in my mind as the travel distance would be around 30-40kms daily.
How much is the onroad price difference (bangalore) between the two?
DocRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 17:15   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
Hey guys, i am thinking about buying a new car for daily use.It must be an automatic.
I would like a responsive quick shift car which can be relaxing on the highway as well as tackle the ghats as i would be travelling to ooty quite often.
Fuel economy is also a major thing in my mind as the travel distance would be around 30-40kms daily.
If boot and back seat space is not your priority then go for Polo GT else go gor Vento TSI. Only difference in Vento TSI is the better back seat leg room and the boot. The price difference might be in the region of 2 lakhs
crazyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 18:07   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
AS mentioned by crazyro, if backseat space, boot space, and a generally roomy cabin is important for you, go for the Vento TSI. If you expect the back seat to remain empty most of the time, maybe the Polo TSI would be sufficient.

In terms of drivability since both the Polo GT TSI and Vento TSI use the same gear box and engine, there is hardly any noticable difference in peformance and drivability. Both are brilliant highway performers and will be a joy to drive in the ghats and hills.

You mentioned 30-40 km daily drive, what kind of driving would this be? Fully within city on congested roads or does it include enough cruising stretches. Will this be in Bangalore or in Ooty? The DSG gear box gives the best efficiency when it can constantly be between gear 5 and 7 and speeds around 50-60kmph. Typically in decent city driving conditions it should give between 11-12kmpl but in stop go traffic for extended durations this can drop to 9-10. In highways it can easily return between 15-17.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 12:28   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The 41k number for the Vento TSI is likely wrong. A member on the official Jetta test drive thread says a two-year warranty extension on that car is about 41k.
hi

I did mention about the extended warranty being priced at about 41k for the vento TSi.

It was after talking to the dealer over the phone. I have now contacted him over email and asked him to give me a quote.
So i'll surely confirm once i get that.

Meanwhile the guys who have paid or have quotes for around 17k or 11k; can you please confirm it so that in case my dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me ; i can at least come out of it .

Last edited by atlantis0965 : 15th March 2014 at 12:29.
atlantis0965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 12:38   #443
Senior - BHPian

Atlantis, I'm sure the 41k quote for the Vento TSI is wrong. How can the Jetta and Vento's extended warranty be priced similarly? I'm sure the reports of a 17k price are correct
iliketurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 13:28   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hi

Meanwhile the guys who have paid or have quotes for around 17k or 11k; can you please confirm it so that in case my dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me ; i can at least come out of it .
Atlantis

I just received a quote for EW. 1st year is for 9k and 2 years EW costs 15.2k
I'm sure there has been some communication issues rather than any malpractice. Its all official and the dealers know they have to produce bills and are answerable to the OEM as well. Call them again.
Shortsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 13:41   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hi

I did mention about the extended warranty being priced at about 41k for the vento TSi.

I paid Rs.11249/- at VW Thane in November 2013. I can send you a copy of the document if you so desire, however mentioning Team BHP works at dealerships; I was quoted a very high zero depreciation insurance premium; when I mentioned that Team BHP colleagues have quotes that are much lower, they agreed to let lower and let me buy my own insurance. I did have the competing quote from a fellow BHPian just in case.
dnahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 13:01   #446
BHPian

Have a doubt (apologies if this was already mentioned in one of the earlier posts) - have booked a Vento TSI last month. Upon checking for an update today, I was told that the dealership has been allotted 2 cars but have no clue about the colors. Is that how VW allots cars or is it based on individual booking based on the choice(s) of colors given?
rejeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 13:14   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Have a doubt (apologies if this was already mentioned in one of the earlier posts) - have booked a Vento TSI last month. Upon checking for an update today, I was told that the dealership has been allotted 2 cars but have no clue about the colors. Is that how VW allots cars or is it based on individual booking based on the choice(s) of colors given?
Based on experiences of at least 3-4 members(including me), it looks like there is some truth in what the dealer is saying. All of us had to opt for the 2nd or 3rd color preference to get delivery within the committed time. The dealer did not have a clear idea on the colors expected till the cars were on the way.

Although, I have no idea why VW cannot manufacture as per the color preference of those who have booked. In any case they are supplying limited number of cars, so don't see why they cannot manufacture in the color of choice.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 14:18   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahelix View Post
I paid Rs.11249/- at VW Thane in November 2013.
Somehow from the posts here, I thought that VW started giving extended warranties for TSI starting 2014 only.
neel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 15:59   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post
Got a message from VW Palace Cross. Extended warranty for Vento TSI for 3rd and 4th year is Rs 17,566/-
I have just called VW Whitefield(Bangalore), they have no clue regarding the extended warranty
@raghu_blr: If you have any quotation, please PM the same to me.

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 18th March 2014 at 16:00.
shetty_rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 18:53   #450
BHPian

Hi
Got an sms and an email from the dealer with regards to the extended warranty.
For 2 years or 1lakh km it is costing ₹15625 for the vento tsi .

The 41k was an error in communication .
atlantis0965 is offline   Reply With Quote