Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th March 2014, 18:58   #451
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have just called VW Whitefield(Bangalore), they have no clue regarding the extended warranty
VW Whitefield is (in)famous for their sales. I had atleast 2 bad experiences. I don't know about their service.

I too got my performa invoice from VW palace cross which says Rs 17566 for 2 year extended warranty.
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 19:06   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
VW Whitefield is (in)famous for their sales. I had atleast 2 bad experiences. I don't know about their service.

I too got my performa invoice from VW palace cross which says Rs 17566 for 2 year extended warranty.
Thanks ambadan. Can you please PM this to me?
shetty_rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 19:13   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Thanks ambadan. Can you please PM this to me?
Can u please PM your mail address. I am not able to attach the file by PM.
ambadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 10:52   #454
BHPian

Default Bought Extended Warranty

I opted for the EW for 3rd and 4th year by paying 17k.
The procedure took 5 min. I went through the warranty document and found nothing unusual as yet.

Please ensure that the dealer has the correct VIN and registration number on the warranty card. He had a wrong number initially and I had to get it corrected. (Kun VW, Annanagar)
Shortsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 07:47   #455
BHPian

Hi
Hope the fools day today is not going to pore to me of I have been one !

Bad bad start to the day;

Early morning 645 i top up my vento tsi with fuel at a shell petrol pump I stop at the cut off after filling up 47.63 l .

I go in pay the bill !
Come out and see petrol seeping below the tank !!

Immediately call up the Assistance only to be met with a change in number and then call the new number to find some bloke asking me all sorts of irrelevant questions .

Now the leak is stopped and I am having time to type this up .

Hope all goes well !
atlantis0965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 09:43   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hi

Early morning 645 i top up my vento tsi with fuel at a shell petrol pump I stop at the cut off after filling up 47.63 l .

I go in pay the bill !

Immediately call up the Assistance only to be met with a change in number and then call the new number to find some bloke asking me all sorts of irrelevant questions .

Hope all goes well !
It may well be the over-filled petrol spilling over. May be the auto cutoff didnt cut well in time
rahulsharma2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 10:17   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
It may well be the over-filled petrol spilling over. May be the auto cutoff didnt cut well in time
hi

Issue sorted out . NO it was not what you have suggested.

Will update more on the issue later today.

Thank you

Last edited by atlantis0965 : 1st April 2014 at 10:19.
Old 1st April 2014, 12:45   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I go in pay the bill !

Hope all goes well !
Appears to be loose Overflow Pipe. It is always advisable not to fill the Fuel Tank to the Brim and leave 2~3 Litre space for Air,
kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 19:30   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
Appears to be loose Overflow Pipe. It is always advisable not to fill the Fuel Tank to the Brim and leave 2~3 Litre space for Air,

hi

It is not due to overfill or a case of filling the tank to the brim; I never do that ; not even on my i10 and not even when I go on long trips.

Coming to the issue on hand; Yesterday I had spent about 2.5 hours at the VW service centre ; that was after I had to wait for about an hour and a half of waiting for a flatbed truck to turn up .

Loading the car on the truck and the ride to the service centre was about 30 minutes.

I was waiting for about half hour at the service centre before this lone guy who was probably a rare early bird at the service centre decides to come and ask me what the issue was.

Even he was thinking it to be a case of filling up to the brim initially; of course had to make him understand and he quickly jacked up the car and traced the area of leak . Meanwhile a few other senior and junior staff too turned up.

They identified it to be a case of loose top cover on top of the tank which also houses the level float for the fuel gauge and also connections for the suction and return hoses for the fuel pump.

After some time they said they have retightened the cover properly and that all was well. Asked me if I could fill it up again and check for any leaks again .

Since I had some work till late in the evening yesterday and till today afternoon I got a chance to top up the tank only today afternoon.

Same petrol bunk and same pump and unfortunately same result

This time I directly drove to the service centre again . The same SA attended to me almost immediately; he was very apologetic and said he'll look into the issue again.

He again brought some senior SA and they had a look . They asked me if i could leave the car with them. i declined politely and surprisingly they had a discussion again and assigned some one to look into it ASAP.

This time I insisted/cajoled the SA that I wanted to have a look in when they were working on it. This pleasant mechanic started the work and since almost everyone else was busy we were left to ourselves literally.

This guy patiently answered all that I asked him while working on it. I asked him to have a look at the sealing ring of the cover again and when it was opened up found that it was deformed slightly .

He said he'll look for a spare and as usual came back with a manager sort of guy saying that they'll order the part ASAP and get it replaced ASAP.

Meanwhile he said they'll put back the same sealing ring and that i could use the car till then.
He has also said that though they'll replace the part ( they have given it in writing) he was sure that this time it'll not leak again even if i fill up the tank again.

I have anyway decided now that i will not fill up the tank to it's full capacity till the part is replaced.

Also i've told them that i wanted the vent of the tank also to be checked thoroughly when i go back for getting the part replaced.

So till then i am riding a handicapped TSi
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:41   #460
Senior - BHPian

First full tank ran 720 kilometers and refilled 47 liters - mileage ~15 kmpl.
StarScream is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:30   #461
BHPian

Quote:
They identified it to be a case of loose top cover on top of the tank which also houses the level float for the fuel gauge and also connections for the suction and return hoses for the fuel pump.
Wondering how these loose nuts, screws, Circlips etc. miss the QC eyes. Typical Indian Shop Floor comprises of union pampered workers protesting for wage increase and always longing for Tea and Snacks.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th April 2014 at 07:05. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for benefit of mobile users.
kapursaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:46   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Wondering how these loose nuts, screws, Circlips etc. miss the QC eyes. Typical Indian Shop Floor comprises of union pampered workers protesting for wage increase and always longing for Tea and Snacks.
HI

That was exactly what I was saying to the guys at the service centre .
I did not mention about the pampering and stuff. I was just talking about how the QC could have missed out on these things.

The service centre guys seemed very forthcoming and helpful. Mind you I was very apprehensive about VW service after reading so much about them on TBHP.
So it was very nice to see the way things were handled.

Of course I would definitely like to give a piece of my mind to someone in charge at the factory and also to the callers who handle the toll free number for roadside assistance.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:23   #463
BHPian

Quote:
HI

That was exactly what I was saying to the guys at the service centre .
I did not mention about the pampering and stuff. I was just talking about how the QC could have missed out on these things.

The service centre guys seemed very forthcoming and helpful. Mind you I was very apprehensive about VW service after reading so much about them on TBHP.
So it was very nice to see the way things were handled.

Of course I would definitely like to give a piece of my mind to someone in charge at the factory and also to the callers who handle the toll free number for roadside assistance.
Hi, which workshop is it. VW mount road ?
drpudhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:39   #464
BHPian

Quote:
That's harsh. Take the error percentage and compare with the work you do. Quality control needs redundancy built in so that if one misses , the other spots the same. The era of cost cutting prevents such redundancies in the system .
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:31   #465
BHPian

Ouch.. had a broken feul line on my laura tsi at about 15k, which was promptly replaced under warranty. Altho the part took 2 months to come, the workshop did a damn neat temp job allowing me to use to the car. Qc fails sometimes, cant help it.. as long as the workshop takes care of you.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote