Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd April 2014, 22:40   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi, which workshop is it. VW mount road ?

Hi
I bought the car from VW mount road, but this service centre is that of VW chennai @ Ambattur .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Ouch.. had a broken feul line on my laura tsi at about 15k, which was promptly replaced under warranty. Altho the part took 2 months to come, the workshop did a damn neat temp job allowing me to use to the car. Qc fails sometimes, cant help it.. as long as the workshop takes care of you.

Hi
I agree with you completely !

Like I said I was pleased with the way the workshop guys dealt with the issue though I guess it helps a bit when you deal with them a little courteously.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 14th April 2014 at 09:12. Reason: Please use the "edit" button instead of posting successive back-to-back posts.
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 14:24   #467
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

How long has the DSG gearbox been in service in India? Has there been any reported problem with this gearbox under Indian driving and environmental conditions? Of the mass recall in UK and other countries last year the solution offered by VW seemed to be to use mineral oil instead of synthetic oil. Do the Indan cars with this gearbox use mineral oil?
Guite is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 16:17   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Do the Indan cars with this gearbox use mineral oil?
Yes. I confirmed that before buying my Vento TSI.

There are three things in favor of Polo/Vento TSI, compared with the Skoda Superb's with which gearbox failures were reported in India.
1. It is mated to an engine that doesn't make anywhere near the maximum torque the DQ200 can handle.
2. It's received the mineral oil update.
3. Extended warranty is now available.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 17:02   #469
BHPian

I was told that the Vento TSI deliveries are on hold due to an impending change (could be some minor facelift? ). New ones expected only by late May or early June. Can someone verify this?
rejeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:32   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
I was told that the Vento TSI deliveries are on hold due to an impending change (could be some minor facelift? ). New ones expected only by late May or early June. Can someone verify this?
I have booked a Vento TSI recently, and I haven't been told anything like that. There is the usual 1-2 months of waiting period.
chevybeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:00   #471
BHPian

hi

A friend of mine had been to the VW showroom here in chennai and it seems the SA told him about the impending launch of the vento too with a 1.5l diesel engine .When asked about the TSi he was not very responsive i suppose and quoted waiting periods of 3-4 months.
atlantis0965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 20:45   #472

We dropped down to VW Palace Cross Showroom in Bangalore to check out the Polo GT TSi. The enthusiastic SA, sensing our inclination towards a petrol sedan became overenthusiastic and started pushing the Vento 1.6 MPI and promptly listed numerous offers on the 2013 models. He also forced us to take a test drive and advised to TD the Polo GT after we drove the Vento MPI for obvious reasons . The Vento MPI simply said was bland. It was nothing more than driving a heavier MS Alto (which we currently own). I smartly cut the TD short and asked the driver to get the GT TSi.

In came the GT, the first auto I had ever driven, and Wow! it just blew me away. The Tsi+DSG combo gives the car a completely new character. But the rear seat space was a huge let down. There was hardly enough space for 3 average individuals in the rear with lower levels of comfort than even the Alto! Front was comfortable though. Hence Polo GT was painfully struck off the list.

We then considered Vento Tsi as it had the goodness of both. But the SA was evasive and dragging us back to the MPI. He was evasive towards the Vento TSi and quoted 5 month waiting period! He also says that "Shadow Blue" color is no longer available as they are giving it a premium status to differentiate Jetta and Passat from the Vento. This I feel is ridiculous as they are advertising Vento TSi in this very color. I also could not find anything on the web in support of it.

Could any of you please confirm the above claims of the SA? Also any discounts on the Vento TSi in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Srikanth
srikanth.hv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 21:50   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth.hv View Post
In came the GT, the first auto I had ever driven, and Wow! it just blew me away. The Tsi+DSG combo gives the car a completely new character. But the rear seat space was a huge let down. There was hardly enough space for 3 average individuals in the rear with lower levels of comfort than even the Alto! Front was comfortable though. Hence Polo GT was painfully struck off the list.

We then considered Vento Tsi as it had the goodness of both. But the SA was evasive and dragging us back to the MPI. He was evasive towards the Vento TSi and quoted 5 month waiting period! He also says that "Shadow Blue" color is no longer available as they are giving it a premium status to differentiate Jetta and Passat from the Vento. This I feel is ridiculous as they are advertising Vento TSi in this very color. I also could not find anything on the web in support of it.

Could any of you please confirm the above claims of the SA? Also any discounts on the Vento TSi in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Srikanth
Don't think it is true. From the time I purchased, blue has been an in demand color and I think it is difficult for the dealers to get it. Based on an earlier discussion, The problem is that Volkswagen is unable to meet the demand for the TSI's (Both Polo and Vento) as the supply of the engine and gear box is limited and they easily sell what they make. On the other hand they have huge number of the MPI's lying unsold. I assume that is why they attempt to push the MPI's.

Don't expect any discounts for the TSI's as it is in demand and has a good waiting period. So no reason for the dealer to offer any kind of discount.

CHeck with the other dealers also. If you are ok to wait, maybe it makes sense to do a booking and keep. With a rumored face-lift coming, the waiting period will only increase until Volkswagen can increase the supply of the TSI's.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 23:15   #474

Thanks Rajeev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Don't think it is true. From the time I purchased, blue has been an in demand color and I think it is difficult for the dealers to get it.
I too suspected the same. But he says VW has stopped production of Ventos in Shadow Blue and told them not to accept bookings in this color. We are not keen on any other color. Will talk to other dealers.
Quote:
Based on an earlier discussion, The problem is that Volkswagen is unable to meet the demand for the TSI's (Both Polo and Vento) as the supply of the engine and gear box is limited and they easily sell what they make. On the other hand they have huge number of the MPI's lying unsold. I assume that is why they attempt to push the MPI's.
Agree with you all the way! But why is VW unable to meet the demand for the TSI motor? Did they fail to anticipate the demand?

Quote:
CHeck with the other dealers also. If you are ok to wait, maybe it makes sense to do a booking and keep. With a rumored face-lift coming, the waiting period will only increase until Volkswagen can increase the supply of the TSI's.
When is the face-lift rumored to be launched?

We could wait for 2-3 months perhaps. But he is quoting 5 months, which is insanely high. Thought of making the booking anyway, but the booking amount is 50k! Think of the hassles of getting the refund if you have to cancel the booking. From which dealership did you buy btw? What was the waiting period and booking amount?
Old 7th June 2014, 10:59   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rajeev.

I too suspected the same. But he says VW has stopped production of Ventos in Shadow Blue and told them not to accept bookings in this color. We are not keen on any other color. Will talk to other dealers.

Agree with you all the way! But why is VW unable to meet the demand for the TSI motor? Did they fail to anticipate the demand?

When is the face-lift rumored to be launched?

We could wait for 2-3 months perhaps. But he is quoting 5 months, which is insanely high. Thought of making the booking anyway, but the booking amount is 50k! Think of the hassles of getting the refund if you have to cancel the booking. From which dealership did you buy btw? What was the waiting period and booking amount?
There is a chance they may have stopped the color. They do have a habit of changing color choices. For example, a year or 2 back red was available in the Vento. Since last year, it is no longer there.

I remember an interview last year, where one of the top guys at VW India admitted that the demand for the Polo TSI was far more than anticipated. But more than that , both the TSI engine and the DSG gearbox is imported and since the same DSG is used in several VW/Skoda models worldwide, I assume India has lower priority on the supply side as it is not a high volume segment. Hence they are struggling to clear the backlog. It was supposed to improve this year, but I don't think it has.

The Polo face-lift seems to be around the corner, with reports of non camouflaged cars seen testing (although there does not seem to be big changes), the Vento I assume should follow soon.

My booking and purchase was a story in itself. Details are there in my ownership thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...te-pg-5-a.html

In summary, I booked in early November (Shadow Blueimmediately after launch) from VW Whitefield. Booking amount was only 5000 with promised delivery in a month. Close to the end of the month, there was no news. When I went and checked, they said VW had stopped supplies for the year and I need to wait till Jan end. I then contacted VW Palace Cross where I had gone for TD (They were the only ones with a TD car). They had a black in stock and also said next stocks would come only Jan end. I immediately rushed there and blocked it. Even then there was a confusion with multiple SA's having blocked the car for customers. Ultimately I got it since I was the first to block and put in the booking amount (Rs 50,000). If I had delayed a couple of days more, I would have missed it. At that time, my SA had said that they are expected to get only 2-3 cars per dealer per month.

Getting a refund is not a big hassle. I got the Rs 5000 from VW whitefield back in a couple of days. But I think VW Palace Cross has a Cancellation charge.

The only other real choice in the AT Sedan Segment is the New Honda City CVT. But the VX trim is more than a lakh expensive than the Vento TSI and I think there is a similar long waiting period for it.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2014, 13:59   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
There is a chance they may have stopped the color. They do have a habit of changing color choices. For example, a year or 2 back red was available in the Vento. Since last year, it is no longer there.

I remember an interview last year, where one of the top guys at VW India admitted that the demand for the Polo TSI was far more than anticipated. But more than that , both the TSI engine and the DSG gearbox is imported and since the same DSG is used in several VW/Skoda models worldwide, I assume India has lower priority on the supply side as it is not a high volume segment. Hence they are struggling to clear the backlog. It was supposed to improve this year, but I don't think it has.

The Polo face-lift seems to be around the corner, with reports of non camouflaged cars seen testing (although there does not seem to be big changes), the Vento I assume should follow soon.

My booking and purchase was a story in itself. Details are there in my ownership thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...te-pg-5-a.html

In summary, I booked in early November (Shadow Blueimmediately after launch) from VW Whitefield. Booking amount was only 5000 with promised delivery in a month. Close to the end of the month, there was no news. When I went and checked, they said VW had stopped supplies for the year and I need to wait till Jan end. I then contacted VW Palace Cross where I had gone for TD (They were the only ones with a TD car). They had a black in stock and also said next stocks would come only Jan end. I immediately rushed there and blocked it. Even then there was a confusion with multiple SA's having blocked the car for customers. Ultimately I got it since I was the first to block and put in the booking amount (Rs 50,000). If I had delayed a couple of days more, I would have missed it. At that time, my SA had said that they are expected to get only 2-3 cars per dealer per month.

Getting a refund is not a big hassle. I got the Rs 5000 from VW whitefield back in a couple of days. But I think VW Palace Cross has a Cancellation charge.

The only other real choice in the AT Sedan Segment is the New Honda City CVT. But the VX trim is more than a lakh expensive than the Vento TSI and I think there is a similar long waiting period for it.
Thanks for that detailed reply Rajeev. I have read your ownership thread multiple times and have even subscribed to it. Dont know how I forgot!

Well, as of the color, I think I'll speak to VW Whitefield guys once or mail VW India before buying his story.

I did read about the impending Polo faecelift in the news section, but I personally feel Vento deserves a complete refresh rather than a mere facelift since its been around for a long time now (Just like the Rapid perhaps?). However, if they do decide to follow it up with a facelift like in the polo, I dont think one would be regretting as there isn't much one would be missing.

Well, City isn't in the list as of now primarily due to budget constraints and also my inclination towards a turbo petrol. If not the Vento TSI, I would have to let the DSG go (mind vs. heart decision) and settle with Linea TJet, with good discounts running and low waiting periods.

Will keep updating in any case.
Old 8th June 2014, 18:00   #477

Spoke to VW Whitefield today. Vento Tsi does seem to have long waiting periods here in Bangalore. The SA quoted a waiting period of 6-8 months, but upon persuasion said would be able to deliver in 3 months as vehicles arrive. He wasn't sure about the shadow blue being discontinued and said he will know the color only after the vehicle reaches their yard. Weird!
Old 9th June 2014, 10:05   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Well, City isn't in the list as of now primarily due to budget constraints and also my inclination towards a turbo petrol. If not the Vento TSI, I would have to let the DSG go (mind vs. heart decision) and settle with Linea TJet, with good discounts running and low waiting periods.

Will keep updating in any case.
T-Jet is a great choice. Especially with the recent refresh. But since you are keen on the DSG, hope things work out and you can get it in a reasonable time

Quote:
Spoke to VW Whitefield today. Vento Tsi does seem to have long waiting periods here in Bangalore. The SA quoted a waiting period of 6-8 months, but upon persuasion said would be able to deliver in 3 months as vehicles arrive. He wasn't sure about the shadow blue being discontinued and said he will know the color only after the vehicle reaches their yard. Weird!
On the color, it is consistent with what they told me also. They know the color allotted once the car is on the way to the showroom. Very weird.

Also, be careful about VW Whitefield commitment. As mentioned in my ownership thread, they promised one month and then increased to 3 months. Also, different SA's seem to say different things. See if you can talk to the Sales Manager directly.

Also, if you want to try VW Palace-Cross once more, try talking to Mr Mahesh (9686601240). He was my SA and is one of the senior guys.

In both places, I suppose if you are clear that you are going elsewhere if you cannot get it in 2-3 months, they may be able to speed up delivery.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 13:40   #479

Quote:
I can confirm that question regarding the Shadow Blue version. Wrote to VW customer care and they confirmed that it is not longer in production for Vento TSI.

Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India!!

This has reference to your following email.

We would like to inform you that the Volkswagen Vento will no longer be produced in the colour Shadow Blue. This colour may currently be available only in dealer stock.

We trust the above is to your satisfaction and request you to contact us anytime in case of any further queries or feedback.

Kind Regards,

Customer Care - Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India
CIN:U50401MH2007FTC168439

I ended up getting a Pepper Grey TSI. Needless to say, its been a joy to drive for about 1000 kms now. So much so that I haven't had time to write about it
chevybeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 17:41   #480
BHPian

My booking is now 5 months old and yet to get a pepper grey or shadow blue The latest I was told is that these 2 colors are stopped for Vento TSI while a white one is readily available. Have someone heard something similar about the 2 colors being discontinued?
rejeen is offline   Reply With Quote