Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th February 2018, 10:47   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India

If the price bracket is correct, it is going to be Rush. I have seen the car here in Australia. It is priced in the range of VW Tiguan. So I doubt Toyota will be able to price CH-R in 10-15 lacs price range.
MaxTorque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 11:04   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
If the price bracket is correct, it is going to be Rush. I have seen the car here in Australia. It is priced in the range of VW Tiguan. So I doubt Toyota will be able to price CH-R in 10-15 lacs price range.
True.

Though I would like to see the CHR in India - the price simply puts it out of the question. It is priced between the Altis and the Camry in markets like Thailand, and that would make it just too expensive in our market - where size decides the price segments too.

Rush on the other hands slots in a little above Yaris, and that should help slot in above 15 - 20L in India. Still not very convinced with the MPV looks though - which particularly remind me of the Honda BRV!

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-allnewrush03.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th February 2018 at 11:06.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 13:20   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Though I would like to see the CHR in India - the price simply puts it out of the question. It is priced between the Altis and the Camry in markets like Thailand, and that would make it just too expensive in our market - where size decides the price segments too.

Rush on the other hands slots in a little above Yaris, and that should help slot in above 15 - 20L in India. Still not very convinced with the MPV looks though - which particularly remind me of the Honda BRV!
Yes, the Rush probably is a better bet for Indian market, at least for now; can easily slot in slightly above the BR-V, and fight out against the likes of the Creta.

The C-HR costs around the same as the Corolla here in Singapore, and its funky styling probably won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. And then you’ve the odd-looking cabin rear – seats are good but it feels extremely dark and claustrophobic due to those tiny windows.

Name:  CHR rear resized20170316131544493.jpg
Views: 3172
Size:  62.9 KB
vb-san is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 13:03   #109
BHPian

India bound Toyota Rush scores 5 star on ASEAN NCAP.
ASEAN NCAP has revealed results of crash tests conducted on the new Toyota Rush SUV. This 7 seater SUV has scored 84.03 out of 100 overall. In adult protection, it scored 43.25, in child protection it scored 21.33 while in safety assist technology it scored 19.44.

The variant of Toyota Rush that was crash tested, receives a total of 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, traction control, hill start assist and stability control. The crash test was performed at a speed of 64 kmph.

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-1526542394664.jpg

Source

Last edited by glikithvinayaka : 17th May 2018 at 13:05.
glikithvinayaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 14:08   #110
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why Toyota will bring this to India. Already Yaris is so overpriced and if they price it more, then that is Innova territory. Unlike previous rush, this one is more of a MPV which Innova is any day better

If they price this lower, well then who will take the Yaris? We Indians prefer SUV over a sedan anyday

Last edited by rajshenoy : 17th May 2018 at 14:09.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote