Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd December 2013, 15:28   #136
BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
The sales numbers from MSIL for November are out and it confirms that the facelift is round the corner, most possibly Jan.

Compact cars (Swift/Ritz/Estilo) have seen a 24% drop in sales from 23849 to 18122 for November.

Only conclusion out of this is that the dealers are not taking old Swift or Maruti is not making them during the last week of November. Either way, this means Maruti is ready with the facelift.
Just the final spark needed. Even when the honda city and octavia were going to launch we saw a considerable drop in the units sold.

honda city dropped all the way to 31 units in october.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:58   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The sales numbers from MSIL for November are out and it confirms that the facelift is round the corner, most possibly Jan.

Compact cars (Swift/Ritz/Estilo) have seen a 24% drop in sales from 23849 to 18122 for November.

Only conclusion out of this is that the dealers are not taking old Swift or Maruti is not making them during the last week of November. Either way, this means Maruti is ready with the facelift.
May be dealers are making hey when the sun is shining. As of today morning the dealer's are booking the customers for old LDi and VDi for 5K and 10K respectively. Delivery is in two or three days. Problem is some dealers in the city have stopped booking as the new one is around. I was amused swing where will they get the stocks for the cards these guys are booking desperately.

Answer: Nearby cities in AP. How ignorant the poor customer is. Wish all knew that Team-BHP exists and a thread on the New upcoming Swift exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Just the final spark needed. Even when the honda city and octavia were going to launch we saw a considerable drop in the units sold. Honda city dropped all the way to 31 units in october.
When is the spark getting ignited then? I am waiting for it more than my 12th and degree results.

Have you got any updates?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 20:07   #138
BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May be dealers are making hey when the sun is shining. As of today morning the dealer's are booking the customers for old LDi and VDi for 5K and 10K respectively. Delivery is in two or three days. Problem is some dealers in the city have stopped booking as the new one is around. I was amused swing where will they get the stocks for the cards these guys are booking desperately.

Answer: Nearby cities in AP. How ignorant the poor customer is. Wish all knew that Team-BHP exists and a thread on the New upcoming Swift exists.

When is the spark getting ignited then? I am waiting for it more than my 12th and degree results.

Have you got any updates?

Anurag.
My SA has asked me to visit the manaher on 15th to place a booking for the car. No confirmation on new prices but booking to start very very soon. I suggest guys going for swift to hold on to their money.
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:00   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My SA has asked me to visit the manager on 15th to place a booking for the car. No confirmation on new prices but booking to start very very soon. I suggest guys going for swift to hold on to their money.
I am waiting for my manager to be back as he is on a holiday till the 19 th of this month. The guys below him are never informed or updated.

AFAIK the deliveries should commence by mid January or February.

OT: the discussion has gone to 14 pages.

Hope Maruti doesn't disappoint us.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd December 2013 at 21:02.
Old 2nd December 2013, 23:48   #140
BHPian

This definately confirms the new swift and dzire.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control-20131202234649.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by rockporiom : 2nd December 2013 at 23:57.
Old 3rd December 2013, 04:02   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This definately confirms the new swift and dzire.
It does indicate a decline in sales by these figures but they are not to be taken in consideration as the figures for either cars were not consistent. One reason is the strike that going on that affected sales and the other beibg fuel prices with banks and RBI playing around with the loans, etc.

Wish wet could get an insight from Maruti on what they are upto.

Anurag.
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:41   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

SMALL UPDATE:

A friend of mine wanted a Swift ZDi, so he went to the dealer for booking the same but he calls me in 5 minutes of reaching the dealer.

He was refused (politely) for the booking and they have said the booking has been stopped for now as the new model is on the way and they hardly have any stocks for the ZDi model.

VDi was available though and they were accepting booking and deliveries for the same. I guess this is still stocks last.

So when is the launch?!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:38   #143
Senior - BHPian

Anurag could you share the contact details of the dealership. if possible through pm.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:24   #144
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Swift Platinum Edition introduced at dealer end - Kalyani Motors, Bangalore.

Quote:
Exterior changes in the Maruti Swift include a grille thatís finished in silver, blacked-out head- and tail-lamps with LED daytime running lights, front and rear bumper spoilers, side skirts, a roof-mounted spoiler, a black roof, body decals and grey alloys.

On the inside, Kalyani Motors has fitted the modified Swift with faux leather seats and a JVC audio system with four speakers.

Kalyani Motors has stated that the modified Swift Platinum Edition is available only on the VDi variant for Rs 1.40 lakh over and above the cost of the regular car (Rs 6.32 lakh), which brings the total cost to Rs 7.72 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore).
Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nd-366524.aspx

Another evidence of stock clearance of current generation Swift by dealers.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 23:41   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Swift Platinum Edition introduced at dealer end - Kalyani Motors, Bangalore.

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nd-366524.aspx

Another evidence of stock clearance of current generation Swift by dealers.
A dealer called me today and said that "I can give immediate delivery of dzire zdi." This was strange since dealers were not having stock and most of them were asking 15 -20 days for ordering it. I asked him for vin no. He was surprised and first wanted me to book but when I pressurised him he said "sir, 2013 ki hi gaadi hai." I said I want the vin no. even it was manufactured yesterday. It turned out that the car was manufactured in feb 2013 so nearly a year old. Gave him a good piece of my mind.

would like to say that beware if you are buying a dzire or swift now especially the zdi variant because dealers are clearing stocks to make place for the new model. So check vin no. carefully you would be lucky if you can find a dec manufactured one.

Last edited by rockporiom : 4th December 2013 at 23:44.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 08:34   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A dealer called me today and said that "I can give immediate delivery of dzire zdi." This was strange since dealers were not having stock and most of them were asking 15 -20 days for ordering it. I asked him for vin no. He was surprised and first wanted me to book but when I pressurised him he said "sir, 2013 ki hi gaadi hai." I said I want the vin no. even it was manufactured yesterday. It turned out that the car was manufactured in feb 2013 so nearly a year old. Gave him a good piece of my mind.

would like to say that beware if you are buying a dzire or swift now especially the zdi variant because dealers are clearing stocks to make place for the new model. So check vin no. carefully you would be lucky if you can find a dec manufactured one.
It might have been the display car in the showroom. Most dealers have to get rid of the TD car and the display car just before a facelift. Some offer it with additional discounts and freebies while others try to see if they can pass it on to an unsuspecting customer.

I had a similar experience with Ford dealers in Calicut back in 2008 when they were about to get a Fiesta facelift. We got lucky then since we wanted the silver shade and it was already out of stock. They tried to push us into white or platinum (display car) shades saying reasons like company has stopped producing silver, they were closing down soon for 2 weeks annual maintenance etc. but never admitted about a facelift round the corner. Dad got really pissed off by their attitude and finalized on Maruti since he knew the folks in both dealership and service station very well.

Last edited by zenren : 5th December 2013 at 08:35.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 10:30   #147
BHPian

FYI: Sai Service Mumbai has increased the consumer bonus to Rs. 15000 on the Swift Diesel models. The earlier consumer bonus being Rs. 9000 until end nov. This new bonus is valid till 31-Dec-13.
benzinblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 18:33   #148
BHPian

Guys can't believe I am saying this but I myself am feeling tempted to go for the current dzire since my daily commute of 175 kms demands a diesel vehicle. Right now I am spending around 25k on fuel as opposed to the 5k at max that I pay for diesel. The current offers stand at 10k consumer offer, 10k loyalty bonus, 10k dealer discount, free parking sensor, free steering cover, free matting. Total benefit of around 40k plus additional jugad of 10k makes it 50k. I know it will affect resale value but by the time the new dzire comes I would have lost nearly 75k that is expecting the launch in feb/ march.

one dealer accidentally revealed that the price will increase by 25k for zdi and he may be able to get the car by jan. If he is able to do it I will go with him otherwise I will have to go for the current gen.

Need advice on this since I want to keep the car just for a year or may be 1.5 years at max. What do I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If it is only for a year to two years, then wait for the new model. The money lost in waiting will be doubly recovered when you sell it. When it becomes time to sell the car you will have a product that is still a year or two from the end of its life cycle (speculated arrival of next gen Swift is 2017 perhaps 2018 by the time it gets here) also your car will be the latest iteration of the model.

Anyway why such a low time period? 1-1.5 years?
The car would have travelled nearly 30-35k kms by then. I would want to go for the 1.6 mjd yl1 when it releases by then. I want the dzire now since I can't take kizashi where ever I want due to some jealous souls that love to scratch paint with their keys.

Last edited by rockporiom : 5th December 2013 at 18:51.
Old 5th December 2013, 18:46   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need advice on this since I want to keep the car just for a year or may be 1.5 years at max. What do I do
If it is only for a year to two years, then wait for the new model. The money lost in waiting will be doubly recovered when you sell it. When it becomes time to sell the car you will have a product that is still a year or two from the end of its life cycle (speculated arrival of next gen Swift is 2017 perhaps 2018 by the time it gets here) also your car will be the latest iteration of the model.

Anyway why such a low time period? 1-1.5 years?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th December 2013 at 18:48.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 19:21   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys can't believe I am saying this but I myself am feeling tempted to go for the current dzire since my daily commute of 175 kms demands a diesel vehicle. Right now I am spending around 25k on fuel as opposed to the 5k at max that I pay for diesel. The current offers stand at 10k consumer offer, 10k loyalty bonus, 10k dealer discount, free parking sensor, free steering cover, free matting. Total benefit of around 40k plus additional jugad of 10k makes it 50k. I know it will affect resale value but by the time the new dzire comes I would have lost nearly 75k that is expecting the launch in feb/ march.

one dealer accidentally revealed that the price will increase by 25k for zdi and he may be able to get the car by jan. If he is able to do it I will go with him otherwise I will have to go for the current gen.

1.5 years. Are you kidding?

Simple theory bro, if your feeling the pinch of fuel costs and worried of scratches then go a second hand car til the Dzire is launched and once it does go for the new one. Why buy the old generation when your aware of the new one?!

If you can wait and keep filling petrol in the Kizashi it is OK of not go for the Dzire if you don't want a second hand one.

I advise you to wait for the new generation. I know your excitement levels

Anurag.