Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 23:11   #46
BHPian
 
windiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Capital
Posts: 345
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Can engine development be outsourced? I mean like how many of Toyota's Petrol engines are fine tuned and also manufactured by Yamaha.
Toyota's engines mfd by Yamaha? can you elaborate? (In India Police=Daku not just Chor, which is an understatement)
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 03:19   #47
BHPian
 
gitartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
ABS, EBD and Brake Assist for VXi/VDi variant is a blessing if they launch but as we all know Maruti it will only add ABS and leave it. No brake aids and air bags. Hope Maruti proves is wrong.

Anurag.
Whats the point if they do? Next time some one else will demand airbags on the LDI/LXI.

If anyone wants abs+brake assist+airbags, they are always welcome to buy a ZXI/ZDI. No questions asked. They will even get climate control, broader alloy wheels, rear wiper, et al as a bonus thrown in.

The whole point in having a V & L variant is to address different customer price points. And if ABS does not come in VDI/VXI (it comes in ertiga VDI , mind you, & even in LDI as standard fitment), we Indians deserve this treatment, because we would rather have the choice to spend the extra dough on a double din touch screen ICE sytem with extra loud subwoofers, than for a small sticker/moniker on our tail gate. Also, how many people have actually bought a WagonR VXI (ABS) when they could buy a swift lxi at almost the same price. So back to where I started from. Whats the point?
gitartha is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 11:26   #48
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 818
Thanked: 1,647 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Guys, this thread is about the new Swift with the Suzuki diesel engine. Please confine discussions around this topic. Thanks!
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 13:23   #49
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 594
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Toyota's engines mfd by Yamaha? can you elaborate? (In India Police=Daku not just Chor, which is an understatement)
Well, AFAIK Yamaha Instruments did the sound tuning in the Lexus LFA's engine note and exhaust! I dont think they manufacture Toyota engines! The reason why we buy a Toyota is because of its bullet proof reliability! And i dont think Toyota would risk it by letting Yamaha manufacture it!

And, i dont really think Suzuki can pull it off with it's own oil burner! I mean, it wont be as good as the MJD!
We also saw the 3 cyl oil burner in the Brio being tested nationwide! But, they are yet to launch it!

Last edited by saadat1992 : 13th October 2013 at 13:26.
saadat1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 19:06   #50
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
And, i dont really think Suzuki can pull it off with it's own oil burner! I mean, it wont be as good as the MJD!
If Fiat stops the supply of the 1.3 MJD to Maruti and it has to get manufactured it's own engine so it would become like Hero MotorCorp after the split with Honda.

Maruti has to develop one quick and has to compete good if not as good as the 1.3 MJD. It would be good if they preserve the driveabilty and frugal nature.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 19:17   #51
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 767
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
We also saw the 3 cyl oil burner in the Brio being tested nationwide! But, they are yet to launch it!
From what I remember, it was apparently shelved as Honda couldn't manage the NVH.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 17:56   #52
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Call me a pessimist but I highly doubt that keyless go is going to come anytime soon to any maruti cars leave alone swift. The reason?

Well its basically because they will have to start looking for a new parts supplier for the whole system which will be quite difficult for them. Since there is one thing common in all maruti cars right from the wagonr to the sx4 that is Nippon. Kizashi has the push button mechanism and it is made by a company known as calsonic Kansei corp. and there is one draw back to this system that it is very complex and not user friendly when it comes to personalisation. For e.g if I want the doors to auto lock at 20 I need to go to the service center where they will send the car to their regional office where some boffins sit on a laptop and do something which causes it to work. AFAIK Nippon has no such systems though they may develope one later but I doubt if they will do it only for the sake of MSIL. Correct me if I am wrong here. You may also notice a gap under the driver's side A/C vent that is where the push button system goes. You can see that even stingray has that hole. This means that they were designed to have the system, even the dashboard has the icon for the foot on clutch and push button. They may have removed it due to supplier issues.

As far as the cruise control goes it is a dream come true. I would happily trade in my Dzire zdi for another zdi(supposing that the updates will also come to dzire later on) if it has this system because it is a boon on the highways. And since we have a lot of highway driving it is like a dream come true. But again this feature is a huge doubt since the spy pics of YL1 don't show any cruise control buttons. Will Maruti add Cruise control to the swift which is obviously going to be cheaper than the YL1 before adding it to YL1?

Last edited by rockporiom : 17th October 2013 at 18:05.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 18:29   #53
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,996 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Call
Well its basically because they will have to start looking for a new parts supplier for the whole system which will be quite difficult for them. Since there is one thing common in all maruti cars right from the wagonr to the sx4 that is Nippon. Kizashi has the push button mechanism and it is made by a company known as calsonic Kansei corp. and there is one draw back to this system that it is very complex and not user friendly when it comes to personalisation. For ?
Why cant Nippon add a keyless module to their current security system? Is it as difficult as impossible? Currently they know in and out of Maruti cars. They just need to change the remotes on offer and make changes to how the security system works. Is it that difficult? Moreover, Maruti has the habit of importing some components. Climate control of the SX4 is one such example. It is a Suzuki Genuine part. Hence we cant judge what they can come out with. MSIL did have some segment first features like ACC, ABS, Airbags etc when the segment had never seen such things. So whats the difficulty in giving what the segment is already offering or standard these days?
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 18:36   #54
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Why cant Nippon add a keyless module to their current security system? Is it as difficult as impossible? Currently they know in and out of Maruti cars. They just need to change the remotes on offer and make changes to how the security system works. Is it that difficult? Moreover, Maruti has the habit of importing some components. Climate control of the SX4 is one such example. It is a Suzuki Genuine part. Hence we cant judge what they can come out with. MSIL did have some segment first features like ACC, ABS, Airbags etc when the segment had never seen such things. So whats the difficulty in giving what the segment is already offering or standard these days?
I Completely agree with you that they have introduced many segment first. But importing items would mean a bump in price. As we all know Maruti they are known to price most of their products well. I think that is the reason they removed the push button from the new swift when it initially came to india in 2011. Even at that time i20 had push button but they still didn't add it in the swift. The top end swift zdi is around 60k-70k cheaper than the i20 without having features such as bluetooth, push button start, auto day/night mirrors, etc. That price gap will be reduced if they introduce the system. I think that is the reason they are avoiding the system till now.

Last edited by rockporiom : 17th October 2013 at 18:38.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:36   #55
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Any update on this development part of the Swift?

Expected features and release date?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 19:14   #56
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,316
Thanked: 23,892 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Maruti Suzuki is rumoured to be readying the Swift and Dzire with a list of new features for launch.

Link to News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 19:22   #57
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maruti Suzuki is rumoured to be readying the Swift and Dzire with a list of new features for launch.

Link to News Article
And the lower variants don't get any additional features? May be optional ABS? The ZDi is already overpriced; so NOT sure how good this move will be considering they can add another 30K easily to the price.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 20:02   #58
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And the lower variants don't get any additional features? May be optional ABS? The ZDi is already overpriced; so NOT sure how good this move will be considering they can add another 30K easily to the price.
The dealers have reduced purchase of zdi variants which signals that most of the features like cruise control and keyless go will be only for the top zxi/zdi variants whereas features such as D.R.L's and auto up/down for driver might come in the lower variants. A price rise is imminent only question is by how much.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 21:10   #59
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The dealers have reduced purchase of zdi variants which signals that most of the features like cruise control and keyless go will be only for the top zxi/zdi variants whereas features such as D.R.L's and auto up/down for driver might come in the lower variants. A price rise is imminent only question is by how much.
Did you mean to say that the demand for top end has been lower now? At a time when Swift has started having discounts (in all these 10 years), how will this fare is my doubt.

But I appreciate they have started offering better features in the segment - that's definitely a welcome move. Again if there are no additional features provided in the lower variants, the price gap between the V variant and Z variant is going to be even wider forcing more people to opt for V variant. But they could balance the price by offering ABS as optional in V variant at an additional 25 K which will almost take care of the extra bucks on the Z variant.

Now, why these ONLY on the diesel variants? Have they started feeling the pinch with diesel sales?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 21:19   #60
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you mean to say that the demand for top end has been lower now? At a time when Swift has started having discounts (in all these 10 years), how will this fare is my doubt.

But I appreciate they have started offering better features in the segment - that's definitely a welcome move. Again if there are no additional features provided in the lower variants, the price gap between the V variant and Z variant is going to be even wider forcing more people to opt for V variant. But they could balance the price by offering ABS as optional in V variant at an additional 25 K which will almost take care of the extra bucks on the Z variant.

Now, why these ONLY on the diesel variants? Have they started feeling the pinch with diesel sales?
No the dealers have reduced and in some places stopped purchasing of the top end model of the dzire. When I went to place booking for my dzire the dealer said "Sir, discount ki kya baat karte ho zdi gaadi hi nahi aati hai. " this got me spooked and when I pressed for a reason they finally gave in.

They call the new key fob khichne waali chaavi. I was scratching my head for a long time to understand what it meant. I understood what they meant after they saw the keys of my kizashi in which the metal key comes out of the fob when a button is pressed.

When did I say updates are only for diesel they will be for the top end model regardless of diesel or petrol.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Keyless entry & go? Your car could be easy to steal Xinger Technical Stuff 46 29th November 2017 21:10
EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models) bageherath DIY - Do it yourself 4 31st December 2014 18:23
Dzire Vxi & Vdi - keyless entry to be discontinued! akash_m The Indian Car Scene 13 29th July 2008 17:52
Keyless entry & security for Santro XO.?? sundarpn Modifications & Accessories 10 20th April 2006 09:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks