Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd December 2014, 16:18   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*

The facelifted Volkswagen Jetta has been spotted testing in India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-jetta1.jpg

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-jetta2.jpg

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-jetta3.jpg

Source: Motorbeam
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:10   #32
BHPian

Much needed from VW given that this is a pretty competent vehicle from their stable and the beginning of a proper "German" experience!

My wishlist from the New Jetta:
  • RoofTop
  • DSG in Comfortline
  • DSG with the 1.4 TSI as well (they have really underequipped/undermarketed this engine variant)
  • TSI Highline and Comfortline DSG
  • TSI with 140 BHP and 250 NM Torque

It would be foolhardy to expect a price correction however if they maintain the current pricing it would be good.

My current boss has booked one (Highline DSG) and has been asked to wait till the new model arrives sometime next year. Can't wait!
miharbe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:34   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Much needed from VW given that this is a pretty competent vehicle from their stable and the beginning of a proper "German" experience!

• RoofTop
  • DSG in Comfortline
  • DSG with the 1.4 TSI as well (they have really underequipped/undermarketed this engine variant)
  • TSI Highline and Comfortline DSG
  • TSI with 140 BHP and 250 NM Torque
It would be foolhardy to expect a price correction however if they maintain the current pricing it would be good.

My current boss has booked one (Highline DSG) and has been asked to wait till the new model arrives sometime next year. Can't wait!
I was on the look out for a new Jetta before the end of this year. But I was late. I wanted a DSG TDI HL and all the VW people can offer me right now is a CL Manual TDI.

Now the good part. The mid-cycle facelift is launching Feb 15th '15 and the HL is almost sure to get a Sunroof in addition. The bad part is, its about to get a ~1L price revision. Up North.

I have already booked my HL DSG and will have it with me in the third week of Feb. Fingers crossed.

I, too, was waiting to get my hands on a HL DSG TDI but all the dealerships around me in a 500km radius have only CL Manuals.

A little birdie just told me the new Midcycle facelift will be launched Feb 15th '15 and will almost surely come with a sunroof. But will be ~1L dearer.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th December 2014 at 09:33. Reason: No timeline issue but just back to back post. Hence merged.
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post

[list]
[*]RoofTop
Sorry no sunroof. We can clearly see in the pics.

If I was buying a Jetta I wouldn't wait for the Jetta since the facelift is disappointing compared to the Octavia. All they did was add piano black finish a bit here and there On the dashboard and a flat bottom steering wheel. It has paddle shifts though.
Volkswagen is pretty stingy in terms of facelift. Even the polo gt tsi has very little changes. An almost 10lakh hatch with no armrest. :(
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:23   #35
BHPian

Good news Indeed. Keeping in mind that the segment currently is ruled by the duds(the most underpowered TOYOTA ALTIS Diesel) and the Boat(Elantra). We would need this dark horse to help the drivers survive . On a serious note , i hope VW packs this with features as well. No one likes to spend close to 20lakh on build alone.
spyder_p8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:53   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
It has paddle shifts though.
The paddle shifters weren't a new addition. The current models do have them.

The changes are subtle. Front bumper (and possibly the front grill), rear bumper, rear tail lights that resembles the A4ís tail lights and the flat bottom steering wheel (which is different from the facelift Polo's steering wheel). From the interior shot, it looks like they have retained the RCD 510 HU. Other changes remain to be seen.
Old 26th December 2014, 12:42   #37
BHPian

Any updates on this?

I'm keenly interested in the Highline AT

I spoke to two VW dealers. While one confirmed that the new version would launch in Feb14, the other said post April14.

Neither confirmed rumoured features such as :

1. Reverse Camera
2 Sunroof
3. Memory Seats
4. BHP Bump to 150
Old 27th December 2014, 08:57   #38
BHPian

I've been looking for the HL AT high and low and this is the news i got from a friend who is a VW Dealer. There are no AT's available anywhere in the country. Would be launched around Feb15. Expect deliveries to start by April-May.In bangalore the dealers are accepting bookings for an amount of 1 lakh. While one said delivery by end of Feb15 the other said by April at the latest. So there's a lot of conflicting answers.I'm trying to find out from someone within the company what to expect in reality and i should know soon.
Old 13th January 2015, 08:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
I've been looking for the HL AT high and low and this is the news i got from a friend who is a VW Dealer. There are no AT's available anywhere in the country. Would be launched around Feb15. Expect deliveries to start by April-May.In bangalore the dealers are accepting bookings for an amount of 1 lakh. While one said delivery by end of Feb15 the other said by April at the latest. So there's a lot of conflicting answers.I'm trying to find out from someone within the company what to expect in reality and i should know soon.
Hey, have you received any updates on this? From what I heard, training on the new Jetta will start post 20th Jan for the vw dealers
Old 13th January 2015, 09:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hey, have you received any updates on this? From what I heard, training on the new Jetta will start post 20th Jan for the vw dealers
I'm still waiting to hear from my source for now all I know is that bookings are accepted in fact the dealer in coimbatore already has about 20 bookings

Last edited by zombiedriver : 13th January 2015 at 09:41.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I'm still waiting to hear from my source for now all I know is that bookings are accepted in fact the dealer in coimbatore already has about 20 bookings
In Mumbai the story is a little different. They're refusing booking amounts because they're stating that they're not certain about the pricing. However, they did say that the booking would be started soon at 1.5l
Old 13th January 2015, 11:53   #42
BHPian

In bangalore one dealer was accepting bookings for 1 lakh it's the same in chennai and coimbatore but neither of them is sure about the actual updates and each one has their own time line for launch and delivery. I'm leaning towards the octavia right now subject to quick delivery
Old 13th January 2015, 12:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Any updates on this?

I'm keenly interested in the Highline AT

I spoke to two VW dealers. While one confirmed that the new version would launch in Feb14, the other said post April14.

Neither confirmed rumoured features such as :

1. Reverse Camera
2 Sunroof
3. Memory Seats
4. BHP Bump to 150

Quote:
I inquired at the local dealership here and he confirmed that the engine will definitely come with higher output. He was not sure about changes in interiors.

He also confirmed the fact that all the HLs are sold out and only 4 Blue CL models are available with the company from the old stock. He wasn't sure about the launch date of the updated version though.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 17:41   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

The Jetta facelift has been spotted testing in the open by the guys at Cartoq, which indicates that the launch could be really close.

Name:  2015VolkswagenJettaFaceliftSpyshot3.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  2015VolkswagenJettaFaceliftSpyshot1.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  2015VolkswagenJettaFaceliftSpyshot2.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  95.6 KB

Quote:
The 2015 Jetta will get a revamped front end, replete with a new headlamps, grille and bumper job. The alloy wheels get a redesign while tail lamps see minor tweaks. On the inside, changes include a multi-function steering wheel, revised AC vents, piano black finish for center console and the gearshift surround, chrome lined instrumentation cluster and climate control functions, ambient lighting and revised seats with new fabric pattern. The car sold in India will be CKD assembled.
SOURCE (and full details) - Cartoq
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 22:10   #45
BHPian

Since this is going to be a facelift it would be better if Volkswagen changes the alloy design too.
The alloys pictured above are the same as the ones I have in my Jetta Comfortline 2014.
Also they have not changed the alloy design for the Highline models since launch.
Closed Thread