Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th February 2015, 17:45   #106
BHPian

Default re: Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*

I might think of this as my next upgrade. I liked the old Jetta as well, but the front looked soo much like a Polo or Vento and that really put me off. Hope the facelift addresses this.
Old 17th February 2015, 17:46   #107
BHPian

I wonder if the TL version will actually be available this time around. Last year, there were no TL cars available in any of the dealer ships in Bangalore.
Old 17th February 2015, 19:18   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
The Passat has been discontinued for awhile now actually. Any sales you're seeing are just old stock clearance so comparison to a car current on sale with active stocks isn't a correct approach
That is not right, right? These sales numbers are from manufacture to dealer, and not sale by dealers of old stock.
Old 17th February 2015, 19:42   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
That is not right, right? These sales numbers are from manufacture to dealer, and not sale by dealers of old stock.
Had inquired with 2 VW dealers and they clearly told me that its not being sold anymore. The Jetta HL dsg was their most expensive car.
Old 18th February 2015, 12:25   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
The face lift as many have mentioned is more cosmetic than anything else. The front now resembles the Passat(current-gen) more as compared to the Vento which the pre-face lift model did.

I haven't driven the 1.4 TSi so I would like to know from someone here how it stands in comparison to the Altis petrol. Come what may it will not set the sales charts on fire.

Also I have no idea why VW does not provide the same ACC unit as the Yeti even on the HL variant.
The performance is not even a comparison. The 1.4 in Jetta is Turbo mated. The grunt would definitely be better than Altis. Needless to say that when it comes to diesel , Altis is a dud.
Old 18th February 2015, 13:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Jetta review by ACI

Source - youtube

naveen.raju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 13:04   #112
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Jetta Facelift Review has been taken live at this link (2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look). Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_p8 View Post
The performance is not even a comparison. The 1.4 in Jetta is Turbo mated. The grunt would definitely be better than Altis. Needless to say that when it comes to diesel , Altis is a dud.
You need to drive the two back to back.
Altis has a much better low end - makes it easier to drive around the city.
Mid range is strong in both - but since the turbo in jetta kicks in here, it feels more powerful.

Depends on your driving style - I prefer linear acceleration over a turbo punch. You may like the punch.

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2015 at 19:35. Reason: Linking to review :)
goldie_malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread