Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 15:00   #736
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
LLL, you are the one who is causing part of the confusion, in one post you are releasing discounted figures



and in other you are asking for it , are you a TATA guy or a dealer, it makes me wonder.
Dadu i am neither a tata guy nor a dealer. That discounted figure was in response to someone speculating that a discount of 1 lakh will be avlbl on old model. Had i been a tata guy i would have openly told folks about new 2.2L and had i been a dealer, i would have openly told folks when booking will start or WTH, i would have accepted bookings for 2.2L (when ppl can book fabia , then y not safari 2.2l )

Last edited by LLL : 7th August 2007 at 15:06.
LLL is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 15:40   #737
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The new Endeavour is more expensive IIRC?
You remember correctly. It is more expensive than the outgoing model.
benbsb29 is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 15:50   #738
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,653
Thanked: 2,012 Times
Default

LLL, I think you need to hone your searching skills a little. Go and try again. The 2.2l engine is not only in planning. Its very much running elsewhere. To start with you can go and start reading the Tata's Italian site. Yes, I said Tata's site. You need some more links for 2.2L engine bro? You can go and spend some Lira (or euros) to buy the 2.2L Safari in various trim levels if you are in Italy. And you can do it TODAY.

P.S.: By the way there are two of these engines available. One is a 2.2L Dicor and the other is the 2.0L TDi... wah! We never talk about the other. how come?
Zappo is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 17:38   #739
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
P.S.: By the way there are two of these engines available. One is a 2.2L Dicor and the other is the 2.0L TDi... wah! We never talk about the other. how come?
Because its really a TIDi (indirect injection). They are misleading the customer who thinks its same as VWs TDi.
Mpower is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 19:38   #740
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
LLL, I think you need to hone your searching skills a little. Go and try again. The 2.2l engine is not only in planning. Its very much running elsewhere. To start with you can go and start reading the Tata's Italian site. Yes, I said Tata's site. You need some more links for 2.2L engine bro? You can go and spend some Lira (or euros) to buy the 2.2L Safari in various trim levels if you are in Italy. And you can do it TODAY.

P.S.: By the way there are two of these engines available. One is a 2.2L Dicor and the other is the 2.0L TDi... wah! We never talk about the other. how come?
Most funny logic i have heard today....

Just because a 2.2L is being sold in italy, does it mean it will be sold in India? Can you show me a link where in tata has said same engine will be sold in india?

Suzuki plonks a 660 cc engine in wagonR in Japan. Does it mean new wagonr will have that?

About spending some euros and buying a tata...am i nuts to buy a tata in europe??
LLL is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 19:45   #741
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

dude havent you read any magazines or newspapers? all of them say it is going to be launched. if all of them say that it certainly means that its not a lie. and if tushky has spied the 2.2 testing in india what do you think it means? are they going to test the 2.2 in india to sell it in italy and the rest of europe? and dont forget that tata is an indian brand. they will bring their best stuff to india.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 20:23   #742
BHPian
 
Monster_BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 188
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Thanks guys, guess i will wait for it. I guess couple of more months wont make a difference. By then i probably would have lost all materialist desires and become enlightened. lol..

But these Auto mags shouldn't speculate the release dates so blindly, they are unnecessarily confusing us, unless they have some concrete proof they shouldn't do this to customers.
Monster_BHP is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 20:30   #743
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

Folks this is an open forum, people are not forced to beleive anything here, its just unfortunate that people come here for more reliable info than what can be had in the outside "commercial" world.

If you dont believe what is being said, you are free not to. Even people who are being suggested to wait for the future are not forced to, its just that those suggestions are made in keeping their interests in mind rather than that of any commercial body.

As far as the authenticity of the information is concerned, some of us know that barring a few delays almost all information/update available here has been authentic.
1100D is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 20:30   #744
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,653
Thanked: 2,012 Times
Default

Funny is it? And I find your arguments funny.

If you understand anything of business dynamics you would not have made this argument of Tata Italy may have something but India won't. And Suzuki and Tata? What a comparision. For Suzuki Japan is the home market. Have ever seen them develop an exclusive India specific engine. Though they won't be wrong if they do so considering the volumes they get here.

Similarly, for Tatas India is the home market. And they get their volumes here. They can not afford to develop an engine from grounds up and then sell some 100 pieces in export markets. For the expense to be justified they will need to launch the engine here in India. That is where they can expect to recover their costs from. Its the same with Mahindra. The new engine they are launching now in US will also make an appearance here as Scorpio Eagle.

By the way, please do your research before you push on with argumentgs. Do not make arguments just for the sake of arguing. Tatas themselves have said in their AGM that Q2 will see the launch of the 2.2L engine in Safari. Its available in the minutes of the meeting for the whole world to see. Safari 2.2 has also been spy photographed by Tushky. This same photo has been published by Overdrive magazine some times back. What else are you asking for?

And you are still arguing about the engine!

By the way you are also very conveniently glossing over where you began your argument. You said and I quote
Quote:
Do a google on tata safari 2.2l and only links that come up are from t-bhp
And now that you were shown tata's own site you immediately change tune and term the argument hilarious... the fact is your statement that Team-BHP is playing a trick on people by making a false claim because no one else talks about the existence of a Safari 2.2 has been proven arbitrary and wrong. Next time around before you label the whole forum as a trickster or some such thing please think twice and do your research well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Most funny logic i have heard today....

Just because a 2.2L is being sold in italy, does it mean it will be sold in India? Can you show me a link where in tata has said same engine will be sold in india?

Suzuki plonks a 660 cc engine in wagonR in Japan. Does it mean new wagonr will have that?

About spending some euros and buying a tata...am i nuts to buy a tata in europe??
Zappo is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 22:04   #745
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

I find comment made by LLL is quiet valid although it appears its wrong one. The main reason behind his comments is its like Fabia launch, samething happened to Safari 2.2 Even this thread opened and closed and reopened now.

May be TATA wants to launch 2.2 and position 3.0 DICOR as well very well to gain the volumme and earn brand image! With Fiat's backup I am sure this time Safari they launch will be tried and tested fully so we can trust them and buy

Lets wish speedy launch and all the best to TATA, I am looking forward to add Safari soon or later in my family with Innova

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 22:33   #746
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,653
Thanked: 2,012 Times
Default

ravi, the reason we closed this thread earlier but now reopened it is because we think now we have some solid backing for this info. Tatas have launched this engine in italy 2 months or so back. They have also commented about its launch in Q2 in their AGM. Mags have started publishing the spy pics. Dealers have got their batch of mechs trained on the new engine. So there were enough reasons to reopen this thread once again.

And my objection is not to a line of argument. Afterall that is what a forum is all about. I found the argument that 'Team BHP is tricking people into this 2.2L line of thinking' objectionable. And inspite of all the reasons shown to him, including a Tata site besides Team-BHP that talks of a 2.2L in existence, he just decides to press ahead with that line of argument. It says a lot more than what the mere words convey. And that is not good or healthy.
Zappo is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 23:07   #747
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
ravi, the reason we closed this thread earlier but now reopened it is because we think now we have some solid backing for this info. Tatas have launched this engine in italy 2 months or so back. They have also commented about its launch in Q2 in their AGM. Mags have started publishing the spy pics. Dealers have got their batch of mechs trained on the new engine. So there were enough reasons to reopen this thread once again.

And my objection is not to a line of argument. Afterall that is what a forum is all about. I found the argument that 'Team BHP is tricking people into this 2.2L line of thinking' objectionable. And inspite of all the reasons shown to him, including a Tata site besides Team-BHP that talks of a 2.2L in existence, he just decides to press ahead with that line of argument. It says a lot more than what the mere words convey. And that is not good or healthy.
Zappo - Where did you read me saying 'Team BHP is tricking people into this 2.2L line of thinking'

This is what i said - "i think this safari 2.2 is a trick being played on folks here." Where does it say that this is being done by Team-BHP staff?
LLL is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 23:14   #748
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Hmm quiet a party here eh?
I am sorry I can't reveal any sources, but the information of the launch within one month was a guy who supplies to Tata motors.
So they exactly know the date when production stops for what.
He has told me that on 3 Aug 2007 the production of 3.0L safari was stopped.
When stocks clear(In Tata side) Tata will launch new 2.2. This stock clearance my take 15-30 days. If Safari sales had been on a roll, it would have taken 2 weeks, but sales for now are bad for all segments.

Also people with 3.0 engine need not worry as the new TL will have the 3.0 115PS engine.
I guess on that truck this engine will be great because it TL(Xenos) weighs much less than the safari
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 23:19   #749
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 680
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Zappo - Where did you read me saying 'Team BHP is tricking people into this 2.2L line of thinking'

This is what i said - "i think this safari 2.2 is a trick being played on folks here." Where does it say that this is being done by Team-BHP staff?
LLL, your comparision of the publicity that Fiat's GP, Linea Skoda's Fabia and TATA's 1 lakh car get to that of the 2.2 L Safari is not valid. The reason is that the above mentioned cars are all new launches and do not effect the sales of their existing models. Where as 2.2 L from TATA is a upgrade to existing car and if it is announced, the sales of current batch will drop. Just see how many people here are ready to postpone their plans to buy safari hoping the 2.2 L will be launched. All these people would have bought the existing car if not for the news on tbhp. Right?

This is the strategy followed by car makers worldwide. New models are advertized heavily while upgrades are not talked about. Today, walk into any american Honda showroom and ask them about the new Accord and the salesman will probably say he never heard of it. I had this experience at Toyota and Nissan too. Ofcourse there will be excption like the new C and M3, but they cater to a different market.
Mayavi is offline  
Old 7th August 2007, 23:36   #750
BHPian
 
JUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune (Wish was in GOA)
Posts: 157
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Coming soon 1st-2nd Week Sept07. Sell those stocks ...get ready to buy the BEAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hmm quiet a party here eh?
I am sorry I can't reveal any sources, but the information of the launch within one month was a guy who supplies to Tata motors.
So they exactly know the date when production stops for what.
He has told me that on 3 Aug 2007 the production of 3.0L safari was stopped.
When stocks clear(In Tata side) Tata will launch new 2.2. This stock clearance my take 15-30 days. If Safari sales had been on a roll, it would have taken 2 weeks, but sales for now are bad for all segments.
I have had the news of the 2.2L Safari being launched in Sept07 from a reliable source with the TATA MOTORS here in Pune however that was in Feb07 and it was my first time speaking to him so didn't want to shoot off and give out information I wasn't sure about. Now is the best time to get a fresh launch date!. So I shall speak to his Son [Son works in my company] tomorrow morning and update some more info on this.
JUDA is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safari 2.2 Dicor - "Silverado" LTR smsrini Long-Term Ownership Reviews 36 20th February 2015 23:07
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18 Simhi The Indian Car Scene 451 21st December 2010 16:05
Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2 Digitalmafia SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 55 1st June 2009 17:31
My New Safari Dicor EX 3.0L 4x2 LTR Thread reachmash Long-Term Ownership Reviews 57 9th September 2008 10:34
Suspension setup Safari Dicor 3ltr v/s 2.2 ltr PAVAN KADAM Technical Stuff 13 13th May 2008 13:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks