Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 31st July 2006, 15:43   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Scorpio - Even the top of the line model STILL doesn't come with standard 4X4, nor basic safety features like Airbags, ABS & EBD that all other manufacturers are offering
Is the Safari equipped with ABS, EBD and airbags ? Which version ?
Old 31st July 2006, 15:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
Is the Safari equipped with ABS, EBD and airbags ? Which version ?
Yes the VX version is and also much more like Lumbar support, Reverse guide system and DVD player.
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:43   #93

Does anybody know just when Tatas are going to launch this new Safari.
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:29   #94
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok.harish
Does anybody know just when Tatas are going to launch this new Safari.
Surely by the end of this year. You can count on that.
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

Here's one to lighten your afternoon....called the Gurgaon dealer again today to ask for a TD in the VX 4X4 & their reply was "Sorry sir, VX is available only on order, we can offer TD in LX"....so I asked them how I could order a VX based on TD of LX when it had nothing by way of Alloys, ABS, EBD, Leather upholstery & ICE......answer was "Yes sir, sorry, we understand but that is the policy. At the most, we can arrange for a EX but not beyond that".

Anyway, so I said "No thanks" but I do find it ridiculous!!
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

@suman: The Vx was intended as a limited ed. But yes, it does seem strange, especially when Tata showrooms over here are accepting bookings and offering delivery within 12-15 days. If they ARE intending to launch the 2.2 soon, the least they can do is tell the customers, as Mahindra did in case of their Crde.
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:04   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
If they ARE intending to launch the 2.2 soon, the least they can do is tell the customers, as Mahindra did in case of their Crde.
Absolutely! They are denying that vehemently....and you know what Atul? All this is surely and slowly pointing me more & More towards the Endy so I'm not complaining... !!!

Diwali is what I've given myself time till...if nothing else is here before that, its the good old Endy in its present avtar!
Old 4th August 2006, 15:18   #98
BHPian

suman,

given that you are specifically looking for a vehicle os this size, i.e. SUV, I am assuming you intend to do considerable driving with people on the rear seat as well. In case they are elderly people such as your parents etc. I would strongly recommend you get a first hand test drive with them *sitting in the rear seat* as well. I don't think that the Endeavor is as comfortable in the rear seat as the Safari, especially for longer drives. Significant differences in level of body roll and seating ergonomics.
Old 4th August 2006, 16:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
suman,

given that you are specifically looking for a vehicle os this size, i.e. SUV, I am assuming you intend to do considerable driving with people on the rear seat as well. In case they are elderly people such as your parents etc. I would strongly recommend you get a first hand test drive with them *sitting in the rear seat* as well. I don't think that the Endeavor is as comfortable in the rear seat as the Safari, especially for longer drives. Significant differences in level of body roll and seating ergonomics.
I know buddy....I've tried out both the Dicor (when it was first launched) & the Endeavour. In my case, it wouldn't be parents, it would be the kids and for some reason (probably they have a huge bias towards the Endeavour & against the Dicor!) they did not have any problems in the rear.

Having tried both out quite some time back, the only reason I've held off is hoping the TDCI will make an appearance in the Endeavour (and also hoping they'll do SOMETHING about the rear seat comfort!). I wanted to re-test the Dicor as Steeroid has mentioned that they've upgraded a number of components to get rid of the niggles.....now, based on the fact that there is no TD available for the Dicor VX 4X4 AND after just reading Nitin's post, I'm sliding towards the Endeavour again - TDCI or no TDCI, I'll wait a couple of months more and then go for it.

Last edited by suman : 4th August 2006 at 16:05.
Old 4th August 2006, 23:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

The Endy's rear seat (middle bench; forget the 3rd row) comfort is nowhere NEAR the Safari's. Heck, the Scorpio's middle bench provides more thigh support than the Endy's. But, the rear seat can be fixed. The mechanicals can't. This is where the Endy scores.

The TDCi is near, but no confirmations yet. It will arrive, and with a bang.
Old 6th August 2006, 08:19   #101
BHPian

In my opinion, the Endeavor's mechanicals are outdated even compared to the Safari. The interior finish is a different story though.
Old 6th August 2006, 14:04   #102
BHPian

Endy is overpriced IMHO. The engine is from WWII and the chassy from a truck. They really need to give it a makeover and more power which acccording to some mags is expected by September.
Old 6th August 2006, 15:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

The Endeavour is a reliable workhorse. It's a rugged, well-built, tough machine. All it lacks is a little horsepower and finer ride quality. Fix these glitches (which ford is comtemplating to do; soon), and the Endy is a far better machine than anything in it's price range. Even those above.
Old 7th November 2006, 15:48   #104
SUV
BHPian

Default Some Update

New Engine Specs :

4 Cylinder, 16 vavle, 2.2 Litre, Turbo(VG) Intercooled
MAX RPM - 4000
Power output - 142 BHP (104 kW)
Torque - 320 Nm (1750 - 2700 RPM)
Climate Control - Probably on the VX
Dual Airbag
ABS-EBD
Electrically heated OVRM

I will confirm the Launch Date in a couple of day's...
Old 7th November 2006, 15:57   #105
Team-BHP Support

Woweee, thats a scorcher all right.
Any idea how much more expensive will it be as compared to the current DICOR?
Closed Thread