Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 20:51   #1306
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Boy...Talk about speculations speculations This thing called 2.2 should definetly come in nxt 6 months
Rahulk76 is offline  
Old 25th September 2007, 21:01   #1307
Senior - BHPian
 
aadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

hmmm.. then why did both the hyd dealers say 25th as the launch date?.. had gotten calls from both of them few weeks back... must call them up tomo..
aadix is offline  
Old 25th September 2007, 21:48   #1308
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Yeah! all those who got calls/ dates from dealers should call them to verify the delivery dates, moreso for people who have already booked it....turbanman are you listening !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hmmm.. then why did both the hyd dealers say 25th as the launch date?.. had gotten calls from both of them few weeks back... must call them up tomo..
dadu is offline  
Old 25th September 2007, 23:07   #1309
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Are we sure about the launch dates ? I checked today with one of the Chennai dealers (Manipal motors), and the manager there told me that the launch will be after 1 month minimum (or 45 days) : the dealer staff have only now begun the training for the new engine, so he was confident that it was not going to be launched by this month-end. Of course, this could also be a tactic to force any prospective buyers to buy the 3.0 Dicor now.
Guess the Chennai dealer was right ........I also feel the launch will take another month. meanwhile they will be trying to empty the 3.0L Dicor stock.
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 25th September 2007, 23:08   #1310
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Ok party's over, thread is closed till some more information comes in!
Its quite a circus!
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 15:49   #1311
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,384
Thanked: 14,314 Times
Default

Thread opened again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk
Hey boys....

Good news, The vehicle has arrived Bangalore. And it is there in my Dealers Stock Yard, He called me just now & said to come and have a look. But i am stuck in the office still 7PM due to Audit works. But will try to make it up sometime in the night today or tomorrow. If not Saturday i am there with the vehicle.

The new launch date is 5th October.

The vehicles are there, Tata guys are coming tomorrow for the PDI Checks of the first lot. The vehicles which have come are Test Drive Vehicles.

So the thread can be opened.

Regards
Deepak
Samurai is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 16:01   #1312
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

So this thread is back in action very soon , deepak do take pictures and post if possible during your visit and hurrrry !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Hey boys....

Good news, The vehicle has arrived Bangalore. And it is there in my Dealers Stock Yard, He called me just now & said to come and have a look. But i am stuck in the office still 7PM due to Audit works. But will try to make it up sometime in the night today or tomorrow. If not Saturday i am there with the vehicle.

The new launch date is 5th October.

The vehicles are there, Tata guys are coming tomorrow for the PDI Checks of the first lot. The vehicles which have come are Test Drive Vehicles.

So the thread can be opened.

Regards
Deepak
dadu is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 16:06   #1313
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Oh Cool !! That is nice, at last something does arrive !!

I will also go to the TATA Dealer here on Agra - Delhi Highway - Will take Pics if there are any cars there today. Cheers !!
vkochar is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 16:09   #1314
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 235
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
So this thread is back in action very soon , deepak do take pictures and post if possible during your visit and hurrrry !!!!!
Guys, i will really try to take photos if i am visiting there.

There is a audit in my company next week & i am the main co-ordinator, so stuck up with lost of work.

Its confirm that i am visiting on Saturday morning
kdeepakk is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 16:12   #1315
BHPian
 
JUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune (Wish was in GOA)
Posts: 157
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Calling all Safari Gurus!!

Now that the Launch time is very near could we have all the Safari Gurus to create a checklist for things to be verified for the Safari particularly before taking delivery of the Beast "Master" 2.2L.

Gurus please oblige.

Thanks in advance.
JUDA is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 16:17   #1316
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Auditors anyways work late into the night (its unethical for them to not do late nights ) and they also do get coffee and other breaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Guys, i will really try to take photos if i am visiting there.

There is a audit in my company next week & i am the main co-ordinator, so stuck up with lost of work.

Its confirm that i am visiting on Saturday morning
dadu is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 17:09   #1317
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

I am no guru here but most of the generic ones will be covered here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Now that the Launch time is very near could we have all the Safari Gurus to create a checklist for things to be verified for the Safari particularly before taking delivery of the Beast "Master" 2.2L.

Gurus please oblige.

Thanks in advance.
dadu is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 17:12   #1318
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I am no guru here but most of the generic ones will be covered
Thread open again and you've deposited 3 posts already. Dadu you're a spammer.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 17:28   #1319
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,653
Thanked: 2,012 Times
Default

I am sure this thread will take the most prolific scorer of the year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
This is being said from the beginning of this thread (in 2006) "Its going to launched in the next few weeks/months"

I am sure some old timers of this thread can vouch for it.
@dadu, my dadu also use to tell me the stories about this thread and an impending launch when I was a kid. The Safari 2.2 launch used to be my favorite bedtime story.

I think this thread was best kept shut till kdeepakk or someone else turned up with any authentic info and pics.
Zappo is offline  
Old 27th September 2007, 17:34   #1320
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

As far as I know and have been told. The vehicle will get loaded onto trucks today from TATA Pune and will reach here in Hyderabad after 2-3 days. Probably Saturday or Sunday.

No pricing details or technical specification document available with teh dealers yet
rajismine is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safari 2.2 Dicor - "Silverado" LTR smsrini Long-Term Ownership Reviews 36 20th February 2015 23:07
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18 Simhi The Indian Car Scene 451 21st December 2010 16:05
Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2 Digitalmafia SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 55 1st June 2009 17:31
My New Safari Dicor EX 3.0L 4x2 LTR Thread reachmash Long-Term Ownership Reviews 57 9th September 2008 10:34
Suspension setup Safari Dicor 3ltr v/s 2.2 ltr PAVAN KADAM Technical Stuff 13 13th May 2008 13:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks