Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2013, 13:46   #76
BHPian

Default Re: October 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
ps: My personal opinion is that the Chevy brand name is still strong in India, unlike Fiat who better shut shop and leave.
Though the sales are not inspiring Fiat hold their fort in India. They did their best efforts to be in this Indian market.

One interesting observation from October month's sales is Fiat Punto out sold Chevy Sail U-VA (though not in large numbers). I don't understand how to analyze this trend.
Old 6th November 2013, 14:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No chance.

Refer to this thread (Average Sales / Dealership : Indian Car Manufacturers). Honda has merely 15% of the sales points as Maruti. In fact, Maruti has dealerships in small towns where most people wouldn't even have heard of the Honda Amaze!
Though Honda has only 15% of the sales points of Maruti, the Honda Amaze (9,564) has generated over 50% of sales of the Dzire (17,211). I suspect that Amaze may be trouncing Dzire in those areas where both Honda and Maruti have sales outlets.
People clearly appreciate the Amaze as a VFM compact sedan. When Hyundai offers a Grand i10 compact sedan next year, the compact sedan segment would have yet another competent CS. Good days ahead for the Indian customer.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 14:31   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Has Mahindra already launched W4 variant of XUV500? I don't think so. Atleast the website not showing W4 variant. I am sure there are leaked information available on web.
M&M launches the XUV5OO W4 variant today Sales of November for the XUV would include the W4 variant.

Cheers!
Old 6th November 2013, 15:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
When Hyundai offers a Grand i10 compact sedan next year, the compact sedan segment would have yet another competent CS.
That's the only launch that could potentially dent Maruti numbers. Hyundai is the only other manufacturer in India with a potential to churn out numbers needed to actually dent the Sales numbers of the top 4 Maruti products.

Within a couple of months, I wouldn't be surprised if Wagon R loses its #4 spot to i10 Grand. If you merge the i10 and i10 Grand numbers like MSIL does for Alto, Hyundai has already beaten Wagon R.
Old 6th November 2013, 15:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Within a couple of months, I wouldn't be surprised if Wagon R loses its #4 spot to i10 Grand. If you merge the i10 and i10 Grand numbers like MSIL does for Alto, Hyundai has already beaten Wagon R.
Quite true, and it is commendable that Hyundai has released separate figures for Grand i10 and i10, though they needn't have done so, as is the case with Alto800+k10, Indica+Vista and Indigo+Manza.

I'm a bit surprised, though, that 3500+ people still wanted the older i10, when the Grand i10 is a far better product in almost every possible way.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 16:02   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Though the sales are not inspiring Fiat hold their fort in India. They did their best efforts to be in this Indian market.

One interesting observation from October month's sales is Fiat Punto out sold Chevy Sail U-VA (though not in large numbers). I don't understand how to analyze this trend.
Not enough. Punto is a much superior product compared to the Sail. It should do much better.

People literally run away from the Fiat brand. FIAL should rather kill the Fiat brand in India and launch future cars under the Chrysler or some other brand. Currently they are just playing gimmicks which they have tried earlier and failed. Currently, Fiat is witnessing some sales due to the T-jet and classic, but won't last long.
Old 6th November 2013, 16:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I'm a bit surprised, though, that 3500+ people still wanted the older i10, when the Grand i10 is a far better product in almost every possible way.
That's the number who used buy the lower variants of i10. It could be people choosing a better car instead of a mid-top variant of Eon/Alto by stretching their budget a bit. Only other options these folks would have considered might be Wagon R and Santro.

Grand i10 is way outside of the budget range of most of these folks, since they've already stretched their budget to get to i10.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:22   #83
BHPian

I am not able to digest the way TATA motors is doing. What happened to the company? The pathetic thing is that there is nothing visible in the near future that can change their situation.
Old 7th November 2013, 13:58   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata numbers are slowly going down and Fiat numbers are slowly rising...can this be attributed to the two companies parting ways with respect to Sales & Service?
Many used to say that a major chunk of people who went to a showroom with an idea of buying a Fiat would end up buying a Tata which appeared more VFM.
I'm wondering if after the separation, this situation has reduced. I know I'm talking about very few numbers but still this was one thought that came to me when I was thinking about Tata's poor show.
Old 7th November 2013, 14:34   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Tata numbers are slowly going down and Fiat numbers are slowly rising...can this be attributed to the two companies parting ways with respect to Sales & Service?
Many used to say that a major chunk of people who went to a showroom with an idea of buying a Fiat would end up buying a Tata which appeared more VFM.
I'm wondering if after the separation, this situation has reduced. I know I'm talking about very few numbers but still this was one thought that came to me when I was thinking about Tata's poor show.
I think looking at minuscule Fiat numbers, it is difficult to conclude especially as reason for Tata's declined numbers (sample perspective). While trying pally with Tata in that parasite relation, Fiat lost those valuable years and created more harm for its brand.

In my opinion, the Italian beauties do have much more potential and the separate identity is helping for now. I owned 2 Fiat cars extensively, can assure that their real weakness is sales and marketing department over the hyped services & spares.

The already 5 year old product range and the prevailing sub 1000 numbers is just too small to shake market. They need more products and more importantly NEW BRAND
Old 7th November 2013, 14:49   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Tata numbers are slowly going down and Fiat numbers are slowly rising...can this be attributed to the two companies parting ways with respect to Sales & Service? Many used to say that a major chunk of people who went to a showroom with an idea of buying a Fiat would end up buying a Tata which appeared more VFM. I'm wondering if after the separation, this situation has reduced. I know I'm talking about very few numbers but still this was one thought that came to me when I was thinking about Tata's poor show.
Hemanth,I guess your analysis is partly true. The sales team at Tata motors always made it difficult to choose the Fiat over the Tata products. My personal experience when buying my Punto was no different. All the 3 dealers I went to for the initial enquiries tried to sell me Tata products with aggressive discounts. I knew what I wanted and was able to get away. Not sure how many walk in customers would have been targeted and cross sold something like the Vista. Also Fiat struggles because of just a 2 model profile. Not sure what the current footfalls in their showrooms are. Don't forget the Ecosport effect on the New Fiesta and the Classic. Both are showing more dispatches after the launch of the Ecosport. It is easier for the showrooms to up sell once you have the footfalls. I went in for a Verna and bought the Elantra. 😃
Old 7th November 2013, 15:43   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
FIAL should rather kill the Fiat brand in India and launch future cars under the Chrysler or some other brand.
Spot on!

As sad as I may find it, FIAT's image is damaged way beyond repair. I mean, its a crying shame for a car like the FGP to sit in the dealer's yard waiting for buyers, just beacuse of the badge it wears. At this rate not sure how long FIAT would want to run operations here. A re-badged FIAT is definitely better than no FIAT
Old 7th November 2013, 16:02   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi releases its October Figures -sales up 18%. Expected to cross the yearly target of 10k !

Quote:
Audi India, the subsidiary of German luxury carmaker Audi, has sold 1,002 vehicles in October. This is a 17.8 per cent rise from 850 cars sold during the same month a year ago.
The company’s sales for the year-to-date (January–October) rose 15.4 per cent to 8,393 units from 7,267 vehicles sold during the same period last year, the company said in a statement.
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle5325526.ece

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th November 2013 at 16:12.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 10:45   #89
BHPian

I suppose bolero figures are a mix of all the sub models that are sold under the bolero branding. Viz
: Bolero pick up, camper etc, like Tata indigo and manza, which have consolidated figures and not individual. I might be wrong, just my thought!
Oranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 11:13   #90
Senior - BHPian

Some observations:

1) The introduction of the Stingray has not done the WR sales any additional boost. Honestly, in comparison to the Grand i10, the Stingray looks a half baked dessert. In person, the car looked pretty drab and disappointing. The WR 2012 models, in my opinion is the best looking of all the car history lineage in India.

2) Grand i10. Great product and a blockbuster. All tickets sold and all guns blazing. Way to go. Fantastic product, superb fit and finish and a gem of an engine. All sure shots for the pot boiler!!

3) Amaze's amazing run continues. Jack of all trades, master of none. NOthing great to look at, not loaded with features but a superbly tuned and FE engine. Sales will follow.

4) Whats with Quanto?? Chopped tail, high tail line, drab interiors, sub par dealership experience and better options available. Flop!!

5) Octavia. Nostalgia. Superbia!!

6) Looking forward to the new Maruti SX4 replacement. May set the charts on fire if priced correctly.
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread